is this true?

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
bestkept
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Drive, Decade, Build, Zero One

is this true?

Post by bestkept »

some body on youtube told me that in the last 10 episodes of kabuto, the producers ran out of budget that is why the final battle was made in a studio rather than in a much bigger space...just want to know if this is true..
It is not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me...-Batman
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Re: is this true?

Post by Gunzy »

bestkept wrote:some body on youtube told me that in the last 10 episodes of kabuto, the producers ran out of budget that is why the final battle was made in a studio rather than in a much bigger space...just want to know if this is true..
Usually 80% of what someone says on YouTube isn't true so... I can't answer that.
ImageImage
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

Runba wrote:....Then again, I have not seen Kabuto so... :p

Then is there a reason you're posting here?

I haven't heard anything about that sort of thing, so I can't say if it was budget or a simple plot choice. Either way, I think it would seem weird if they had done it anywhere else. I kind of liked how the final battle was indoors, because it set it apart somewhat from the rest of the series.

Though there did seem to be a lot of fighting in tunnels and such the last few eps. XD

xenoss
Adventure

Post by xenoss »

i dont think the youtube poster knew anything solid (since when do they ever); the only way to confirm it would be to have a commentary track or interview with the staff stating exactly that.

But when I saw it, that was the conclusion I drew as well. I am a huge Kabuto fan, but I'm not going to lie to myself about it just to protect myself from its flaws. They look very much like they ran out of budget; I'd be surprised if that wasnt the case.

It isnt so much a "indoor vs outdoor" thing, but the overall set design or lack thereof that sets it apart. The middle of the episdoe stood out as cheaply made to me. Look at the crappy Zect flag and the 60's machinery. Now look at the Zect team's van. Huge difference. Notice too there was no Clock Up in the final episode; one of the main features of the series' battles and there were none of it in the final fight.

I dont think you need to be told by the staff directly to see that they had no budget.
Engelsrider
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Engelsrider »

thats strange because i heard that myself. hmmmm i wonder how true it is because it really seemed rushed .... i really dont know
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know if those observations are necessarily proof that they ran out of money. Remember that you notice things that reaffirm your preconceived conceptions and dismiss things that don't

People rant and rave every single time Kivaara in Decade doesn't show up in CGI and use this as proof that Decade is out of money. Unless you work in Toei or know someone that does, I see no reason to believe or deny this theory nor the Decade one

Sure, maybe Kabuto ran out of money, but then again, maybe Decade is out of money and is being canceled in five episodes. Assumptions and theorizing can only get you so far

Anyway, I don't think Kabuto's lackluster ending is the problem. It really just seems like they ran out of story, since the major villain was defeated at episodes 42-43. That would suggest either a problem with the writers are doing a satisfying conclusion or lend more credence to the theory that Hiyori's actress was supposed to play a bigger part toward the end, but was unable to due to her illness, thus causing the ending to get rewritten
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

takenoko wrote:I don't know if those observations are necessarily proof that they ran out of money. Remember that you notice things that reaffirm your preconceived conceptions and dismiss things that don't

People rant and rave every single time Kivaara in Decade doesn't show up in CGI and use this as proof that Decade is out of money. Unless you work in Toei or know someone that does, I see no reason to believe or deny this theory nor the Decade one

Sure, maybe Kabuto ran out of money, but then again, maybe Decade is out of money and is being canceled in five episodes. Assumptions and theorizing can only get you so far

Anyway, I don't think Kabuto's lackluster ending is the problem. It really just seems like they ran out of story, since the major villain was defeated at episodes 42-43. That would suggest either a problem with the writers are doing a satisfying conclusion or lend more credence to the theory that Hiyori's actress was supposed to play a bigger part toward the end, but was unable to due to her illness, thus causing the ending to get rewritten
Yeah taht's what I was going to say. This just goes to show that anything that you heard or read on YouTube, take it with a grain of salt because seriously...who trusts YouTube for reliable information.
ImageImage

Return to “Kamen Rider Kabuto”