Translating Tendou's Words?

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Re: Translating Tendou's Words?

Post by hunter-urufu »

Magenta wrote:IIRC the first time he did that line and then just did a dramatically slow "Tendou... Souji." without any kind of explanation that that was his name.

It has, however, been a while.
It SOUNDS like Ore Name Wa, but that's just based on what little japanese I know. It also doesn't sound quite like correct sentence structure, but then again, this IS Tendou Souji we're talking about, so.... :D
Last edited by hunter-urufu on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Re: Translating Tendou's Words?

Post by hunter-urufu »

Magenta wrote:IIRC the first time he did that line and then just did a dramatically slow "Tendou... Souji." without any kind of explanation that that was his name.

It has, however, been a while.
Also, thinking about it, it makes sense he wouldn't have said "I am..." It seems like, for example, when a given sentai team transform, they do those role calls and give a title (Unbreakable body! Gekired! for example.) He's using it almost as a title or something, IE, "Walking the path of Heaven, The man who will rule everything" *Dramatic pointing at the sun past tokyo tower* "I am Tendou Souji!"
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!

Return to “Kamen Rider Kabuto”