Is God Speed Love the weakest of the Heisei films?

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
Demonvile
Quote: Why Hate Hibiki?? Huhuhu

Re: Is God Speed Love the weakest of the Heisei films?

Post by Demonvile »

Can anyone answer this? What was the extra riders name?? i mean the three extra beetle riders..
Peanut
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gingaman
Dreamy: 佐藤 祐基
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: ビースト・オン!

Post by Peanut »

Demonvile wrote:Can anyone answer this? What was the extra riders name?? i mean the three extra beetle riders..
Caucasus, Hercus and Ketaros.

And out of the four (soon to be five) films I've seen, God Speed Love was certainly not the weakest. I enjoyed it quite a lot. Currently, I find Climax Deka to be the weakest (and perhaps the most pointless) by far.
刺激、俺流、わが意を尽くす 「アイアン・ウィル」 ゲキバイオレット!
tennomichi
Salami Commander
Favorite series: deka,shinken,bouken
2nd Favorite Series: KR 電王,W,DCD
Dreamy: 矢島舞身、鈴木愛理、中島早貴
Favorite Actor?: yama-p
Favorite Band: MIWA,℃-ute,Buono!
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: This forum and fb
Quote: 東洋の魔女?ー鈴木&梅田

Post by tennomichi »

the movie was okay i suppose... somehow i'm thinking this is the prequel to the first episode which did make sense. I enjoyed it but it had only a few fighting scene and a lot of dramatic scene.
オレは天の道を行き全てを司る男
i think i learned my lesson
Darthvegeta800
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva and Zyuranger
Dreamy: Misaki / Scorpina
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Doctor Doom
Quote: "Perfect Harmony!"

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

I rather liked the new movie.
I liked seeing Sabee again. Though I greatly regret that Sasword was not in it. (bar a brief cameo in the intro)
I really liked the design of Bronze and Silver.
The Kamen Rider Kabuto: God Speed Love Prequel RPG
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KamenRiderKabutoRPG/

Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

I love the movie because it's actually the prequel to the series. I never like the way toei make an alternate world of the series in kamen rider like faiz's paradise lost. I'm not blaming them because the alternate universe is something some fans wanted to see. It's kind of like the fan asked "what if orphenoch rule the world?" and they responded by making paradise lost. What I don't like is the way they skipped the details like "how it happened?" and "who is that actually?".
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

god speed love is one of the best rider movie ive seen the worst rider movie ever is climax deka
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

climax deka wasn't really intended to be a movie... but because of den-o's popularity it was presented to be one... and it paved way to more...
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

And I think it has one of the best Kamen Rider movie endings. Most Heisei Rider movies are pretty average in general. I think Kabuto is one of the better ones because it's not just a parallel universe story for the sake of parallel universe[/quote]
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

forte712 wrote:In my personal opinion, God Speed Love is among the best Kamen Rider movie.
Love the story and how it connects to the series.
Other rider movies sometimes feels like just an arc of the series in one bundle.
How in the world GSL is connected to the series?! Well, I agree if that was the intention of the writer but a certain scene in episode 41 tv series has ruined it. Im talking about the scene where Tendo tells his friends in La salle about the very person who handed him the Kabuto belt 7 years ago in Shibuya rubble. The person was none other than his father (Native mimicked).
The conclusion is, GSL is completely unrelated with the tv series becoz: the one who handed child tendo souji the belt in tv series was Tendo's father (Native) (watch eps 41, 13th min) but on the other hand, in GSL it was future Tendo who gave the belt.
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

Xander Blaze wrote:I love the movie because it's actually the prequel to the series. I never like the way toei make an alternate world of the series in kamen rider like faiz's paradise lost. I'm not blaming them because the alternate universe is something some fans wanted to see. It's kind of like the fan asked "what if orphenoch rule the world?" and they responded by making paradise lost. What I don't like is the way they skipped the details like "how it happened?" and "who is that actually?".
No. The Kabuto movie is NOT actually the prequel of the series. Watch the ending of the movie where Tendo gives the child tendo the kabuto belt and then watch carefully Kabuto series eps 41 (13th min.) where Tendo tells his friends in La salle (there's a bit of flashback here) that the one who gave him the belt 7 years ago was his "father" ( Native mimicked Kusakabe something?)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It deals with two alternate futures. It's a nice set up knowing that he prevents the disaster and then gives the belt to himself to destroy the worms in his time.

Both are separate from the original time line the series is present in.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

I love the move God Speed Love for KR Kabuto. Although it is an altertitive future I like how they do it.

Don't look if you havn't seen the movie.
Spoiler
Kabuto to save his sister goes back in time and gives the belt to his younger self was an amazing idea

I was very moved by the movie, and it has a prenament home on my computer.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Rankarana wrote:I have to admit, I truly hated that film. The pacing was all over the place, the plot was incredibly derivative, all the entertaining comedy of the series had been stripped out, the writing was average, and Hyper Zecter appearing from nowhere was just... stupid. Compared to the others I've seen (the first three Den-O films, Paradise Lost and the Hibiki film, which were all perfectly watchable) it just seemed blah. Out of curiosity, who was Caucasus? I didn't recognise him one bit.
Apologies for reviving a kinda dead topic, but I have to say that I actually wholeheartedly agree with you. I see that many people enjoy the movie, and I can't help but wonder why... As you said, I also found the pacing to be really all over the place and unlike most of the other Heisei movies such as Faiz or Den-O, I just found it boring.

In fact, one of the scenes that I disliked the most was them spending so much time on Hiyori's death. That scene was just way too dramatic we all knew that she was going to be saved in the end anyways. I spent the whole time pleading them to hurry up an move on.

I might also be in the minority regarding this, but I think that the movie was trying too hard to overachieve and in the end, became too far fetched for even a Kamen Rider movie. They just tried to cram too much into it.

I agree that it can be watched as a standalone movie, but it's not as easy a watch as, say, Paradise Lost. Watching this after I finished watching the series, I was deeply disappointed.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Man I really love this movie. I'm glad they didn't stuff the slapstick comedy in 'cause that just ruined the series's overall serious plot (me honestly dissapointed when tsurugi lost his cool arrogant attitude and became a goof). The plot is unique, though still contains hole(s). The acting is praiseworthy, the pacing is fitting, and the music is soooooo catchy. ONE WORLD is my current Ear Worm.

Btw love hiyori's new hair style, rather cute.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
NeoSef
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: KR Ryuki
Dreamy: Yuzuki Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Fujioka
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Spaaaace!
Quote: 'Now we're living on the edge, more like living on a prayer!'

Post by NeoSef »

I thought the movie was ok. It started off really slowly for me and middle part dragged so much that I almost completely lost interest in it. The third act, however, was amazing. I really like the way they explained how Tendou ended up getting the belt and Hyori's drawings, the scene where she looked up and saw Hyper Kabuto was fantastic.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kabuto”