Kabuto...Love it or Hate it?

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Kabuto...Love it or Hate it?

Post by ryujin »

yumenotenshi07 wrote:I agree with you, ryujin. ^^ It's no fun if you get too nitpicky.

And the thing I like about Tendou is that even though he's arrogant, at least he has the power to back it up. XD Unlike being cocky without good reason.

Haha, they show Kamen Rider dubbed in your country? That must be interesting.
Yeah, Tendou's the only guy in the Kamen Rider series that i know of that can talk trash and get away with it ... there's also this cocky lawyer Rider guy at Ryuki too, but he's no Tendou LOL! :)

The dubbing's okay, but they stopped at Blade, anyways, i prefer my Japanese Live Action Shows in Japanese with subs ... want your riders saying "henshin" in a different language? LOL! ~ I'll pass, and wait for TV-Nihon's work any day, thank you ~ ^_^
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

oddjob wrote:Kabuto is the best Kamen Rider ever! I watched a little the other Kamen Riders and they look childish compared to Kabuto! The costumes in Kabuto are, not only beautiful, but they look real! The characters are really using body armor; they don’t look like “riders in tights”. Everything about it is cool!
Hi,

I need to apologize to everyone, especially to those that are fan of the other Kamen Riders.

I am sorry that I said that they looked childish. I was watching some of them and they looked real good.

And none of the riders look like "riders in tights"!!! And I don't know why anybody questioned me about that expression! I think I was drugged that day because I was comparing Kabuto with other shows, not Kamen Rider shows. And I know everyone knows when I am talking about shows where the heroes uses spandex only.

So, sorry for that BS I wrote.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

It's all good. ^^

We're just glad you saw the light. XD AREN'T WE, GUYS?

...guys?

Enortu
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gundam
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Gundam

Post by Enortu »

I actaully thought the series was pretty weird copmared to Den-O when I first watched it.
But after watching the entire series it became the top KR series in my books ^^
avalonknight
Number 6
Number 6

Post by avalonknight »

Kabuto's easily one of the beat Rider series I've seen yet. The gimmick is great, I enjoyed the characters, and it's one that I've enjoyed steadily throughout.
Haiiro
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: DenO/Kiva
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: Dir en grey

Post by Haiiro »

Enortu wrote:I actaully thought the series was pretty weird copmared to Den-O when I first watched it.
But after watching the entire series it became the top KR series in my books ^^
I was the same way. I really didn't like it at all when I first watched it. (Just ask the people I was watching it with) But once I finished it...well, I loved it.

It's like cancer...it grows on you. A lot. XD
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

That's a really creepy metaphor. :P
Haiiro
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: DenO/Kiva
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: Dir en grey

Post by Haiiro »

It really is, isn't it? XD;

but it's so true
Primus
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Favorite Band: Riverside
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Oranges!

Post by Primus »

I loved almost everything on the Kabuto serie: the story, the actors, the suits.

However, the final episodes left me a little unsatisfied (does that word exist?)...they left some thing unexplained, such as the Hoppers. I just think the final chapters were a little rushed.
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

Kabuto was probably my second rider series after Faiz. I hadn't watched Blade nor Hibiki before it. The card thing with Blade made me think Yugioh before I watched it and that was my mistake. I did eventually watch and enjoy it. I still have to finish watching Hibiki though, just started that one. Kabuto is simply awesome, yeah there are too many of that, but even people who don't watch Kamen Rider can appreciate it. I know this because I watched more KR than my friends and I managed to hook a few into it (especially those that were resistant to the idea of a 'Power Rangers' genre) because of Kabuto. I enjoy the references to the old series (like Kagami finding out that the 'Masked Rider Project' started on the date of the first Kamen Rider's air date lol) and I love the designs (not so much the big bulky ones but they had their uses). Since the story writing did get flimsy towards the end and a few of my friends lost interest (Den-O totally killed whatever interest the rest of my friends had in KR and now it's just me again -.-;) but it certainly has awesome if not WTF moments. I just love it.
Soldat Veritas
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

Primus wrote:However, the final episodes left me a little unsatisfied (does that word exist?)...they left some thing unexplained, such as the Hoppers. I just think the final chapters were a little rushed.
Rushed isn't really the word I'd use for it, though I think the writing was somewhat bad. I was not happy with how they handled Tsurugi or the hoppers, but other than that I was happy. Whenever the final episode comes to a close, it always leaves me with a satisfied, content feeling. ^^ I think it's a very nice, feel-good sorta ending, no matter the way they tried to cram things in at the last.

I'm surprised Den-O killed someone's interest in Kamen Rider. That's the series I've been using to convince my friends to watch. o.o;; It's so fun and bouncy I don't see how anyone can dislike it. I feel like Kabuto is harder to get into at the beginning.

It is a better series over all if you can get people to stick with it, though.

William_Duel

Post by William_Duel »

Well that's opinion...But anyways it's largely because it's 'fun' and bouncy that they didn't like it. I can say that much for them. This is a crowd that prefers things like Hellsing and Berserk (I like these series too). It's hard enough getting them interested in anything else I watch. I have to agree that's it's also why it's my least favorite. But I've already opined on Den-O so I won't go too far into that, considering I'm surrounded on all sides by Den-O fans anyways -.-;

The Hoppers were still awesome though. I dunno, they're outsiders, they're badass...they're everything Kengo from Kiva wanted to be. And Yeah I was disappointed by Tsurugi's change in personality, but his backstory more than made up for it in my opinion. Drake was probably my least favorite rider but not because I had a problem with him, I just liked the others so much better. Gatack was that original justice seeking type. He would have been a great showa era rider. But Tendou is really the show stopper. I understand some people don't like this character type, but I am of the crowd that likes a confident main hero.
Soldat Veritas
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

William_Duel wrote:I am of the crowd that likes a confident main hero.
Me too! You are going to like Hibiki....
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

XD A confident hero is one thing. A hero who thinks he's God is totally something else!!

In the end I really like Tendou, of course. It just took me a while to warm up to him.

I like heroes like Kagami the best. Humble and dedicated to protecting the people who can't protect themselves... I don't know. Gives me warm fuzzies and makes me feel all happy inside. XD

Oh. And by saying that Kabuto is a better series over all, I just meant that I felt the writing was better. I know not everyone is going to agree with that, but I think the plot was a lot more organized and structured than Den-O's was.

William_Duel

Post by William_Duel »

I did feel that the writing had purpose in the first half, but then after the hoppers appeared (did I already say how awesome they are?) the story kinda went "Oh crap we let all the cool out of the bag and now we don't know what to do! We've still got air time and we don't know what else to do with the story?!" That was just my feeling though.
Soldat Veritas

Return to “Kamen Rider Kabuto”