Kabuto...Love it or Hate it?

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Kabuto...Love it or Hate it?

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

XD Yeah. I didn't feel that way at all....

Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I could tell the writers were getting stuck on how to resolve situations at several points in the show when the writers finally broke down and introduced time travel. It was one of the most blatant uses of deux ex machina I have ever encountered.
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

Like when Tendou got the Hyper Zecter (that was the name right) it was so wierd and paradoxical and yet so badass in one way. I feel conflicted about this scene because I feel that is an awesome scene and it's Tendou being Tendou.
"The future? Well since Hyper Kabuto's been bouncing around and screwing with me the last few episodes, that must mean I get it somehow anyways. Oh lookie I just rewrote History with pure thought. Plus now I get the bonus of going in the past and screwing with myself. Because meh>past meh."
Soldat Veritas
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

XD Just another incidence of Tendou godmodding to create a totally insane plot. They seemed to do that a lot toward the end.

xenoss
Adventure

Post by xenoss »

I'll say this is my 2nd Fav, #1 being Agito due to its intricate plot. I dont know why I like Kabuto so much.

On paper, this series isn't supposed to be as good as I feel it is. Unlike most, my first KR was Black, RX and random eps of the older ones as well. And I started with Kuuga in the new era. So to me, Kabuto has no special position to start with.

Plot wise, this series has a lot of plot holes and eps that dont fit in with the overall story. I am a plot person, and I love intricate, tightly written plots. So on paper, Kabuto aint supposed to be any good to me.

The series somehow grew on me. It was, on the whole, very entertaining. I guess that is why it became a 2nd fav of mine. I like the designs in the series, I like cast off and clock up (though Faiz did it first, I thought it was cool there too), and I like some of the characters. All of that, mixed with the excellent fight scenes, is probably what secured its high rank on my list.

And unlike some ppl here, I am not a big fan of Faiz or Ryuki. Faiz was slow to start though builds to a great ending. Ryuki was just flat and childish to me. Blade has its moment but on the whole also childish to me (feels like a better version of Ryuki, due to the whole card thing).

I like the more mature tone shows (Kuuga, Agito, Hibiki).

Thats why I hated Den-O and Kiva, they felt like children's shows to me. Hated Den-O especially, it was a big let down after the coolness that was Kabuto (the same feeling I had with Ryuki replacing Agito; what a big let down that was). Probably woulda felt better about it if it was after Ryuki.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

xenoss wrote:Thats why I hated Den-O and Kiva, they felt like children's shows to me.
I wonder why....

I agree with you overall for the most part. Kabuto did have a lot of plot holes and got a bit dodgy toward the end, but I watch it for the characters and because it genuinely entertains me. No matter the flaws in the writing, it's still something I could watch again and again without getting bored. And unlike Den-O and Kiva, when I watch Kabuto I get the distinct feeling that there is something deeper going on beneath the surface.

I don't know. Maybe it's something to do with the acting. I feel like Kabuto had a fantastic cast (not that other Kamen Riders haven't). Mizushima Hiro especially impressed me with his ability to convey a wide array of emotions while only changing his expression in very subtle ways, if at all. It really gave Tendou that extra push into the realm of awesome.

But yeah. I tend to prefer things that stick close to the characters and let the viewer get to know the characters while watching them move the plot. I feel like Kabuto was extremely character driven, and that's probably one of the big reasons I liked it. Of course, it's probably another reason that it was so easy for inconsistencies to form. It's hard to keep your mind on the big picture when you're focusing on the details.

Then again it is 6 in the morning and I need to sleep. It's possible I'm crazy right now. XD

Tendou Souji says, "These are not the plotholes you are looking for."

xenoss
Adventure

Post by xenoss »

It just goes to show that a show can still be good even if it is filled with plot holes and unexplained plot elements...

Mizushima Hiro is certainly good as Tendou; to me knowledge at least, is the only 1 in all the KR shows to really become a full fledged actor in J drama. That goes to show that he may be a bit better than most other riders.

Kagami was in 1 drama (so far as I know) as a minor character, in the Japanese version of Hotelier.

Tsurugi is in 1 drama with Tendou (forgot the name of that highschool drama).

Tadokoro is in My Boss My Hero, cameo only (though he wasnt a rider, thought I might throw that in).

And Mizushima Hiro is in numerous J dramas. sub-character in that highschool drama, starred as main character in 1 SP i watched, 1 drama (Zettai Kareshi) and some other 1s I havent seen yet.

Dont know about the other guys.

Kuuga was in a ninja movie, I think.

Hikawa was in Detective Gakuen Q.

Thats about all I know.

So Tendou definitely is something else.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

Actually they've been in a number of dramas, especially Kagami and Tsurugi. Kagami especially, but I made a thread in the actors forum for the stuff he's been in lately. XD Yaguruma, too, has been in a few things. Lol. Then again, I suppose it doesn't count if he's in a sentai series. =P

But yeah. I will say that none of them have had the success that Hiro has. His career has just kinda exploded. Which makes me happy 'cause he's good, but I think all of them deserve that kind of success. <3

And yeah. In conclusion... I hate sauerkraut. That's all I'm really trying to say.

That, and I <3 Kabuto.

I don't know how to get back on topic.

Gojira
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Gojira »

I'm about halfway through the show. I really liked the beginning, but now I think it's getting a bit slow and tedious. I hope it'll get better.
Hakey
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Hakey »

I loved it,it was fun with the cooks XD

and with "my friend KagAAAAAMI" (ami = friend in french XD)
ice_kid
Favorite series: double
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Dreamy: Natsumi
Favorite Band: Dafy Punk
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Girls, nd Tech

Post by ice_kid »

yea, it get slo around 30, im thinkin about going straight to the movie
GO-GO El3Ctro?!?
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

you might as well >>"

the movie's AU so after you're done with that, you can go back to the series
Twitter
iamawesome.com
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

It gets slow around 30?

What?

Granted, 29 and 30 are, as I recall, filler episodes, so I suppose that explains it to some degree. But after that, I don't remember it being slow in the least. I'm on my fifth time going through Kabuto... you'd think if it got that boring around there I'd dread watching those episodes.

I always thought Kabuto had a rather weak first several episodes. It took me forever to get into it the first time.

Once again... I find myself wondering if I'm watching a different show than everyone else....

alienx
Infinity

Post by alienx »

i start download and watch last week...within 1 week finish watch everything...like 1 day at least few episode...and i feel everything is ok..nice...best opening...imo better than kiva... LOL...after watching kabuto...then go to decade check the clock up...is another funy things..and movie is totally nice..good...

i 10000000% like everythings in the series..of coz Tendou ..i like it..

PS: early of thread ppl say want to see Tendou Grandmother rite?? i tell u wat..if a grandmother show up...and say wat Tendou mention b4.....still the feeling is not as good as Tendou...then ppl would say...why let Tendou grandmother show up...blah blah...LOL

i would say i will miss Kabuto series..after watching..even watch kiva...and decade...
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

i got my friend into KR Kabuto, she loves it XD
Twitter
iamawesome.com

Return to “Kamen Rider Kabuto”