How long should I "give it a chance"?

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Survive Forms

Re: How long should I "give it a chance"?

Post by Spinster »

Gotta say, I was pretty deep in the series before I warmed up to Tendou as a character. I preferred pretty much EVERY other rider over him, with maybe the exception of one of the TheBees. Drake always struck me as a pretty slick character, always wanted him to have more screentime.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I agree, Drake was cool, but the actor was busy with his singing career, so they had to write around his schedule.
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Post by kiyominai »

Hey new to this forum, but I'll make my first post here as Kabuto is my favorite Rider.

As to the answer, going to agree with everyone who said 1-20ish was great.

Also, I can kind of see why
Spoiler
Kagami or Gatack
should've been the main rider, seeing as how Tendou's character is already developed from the start. I guess that's what makes him unique among the other Riders and their series.
bestkept
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Drive, Decade, Build, Zero One

Post by bestkept »

MaskedRideEclipse wrote:
bestkept wrote:hi guys..long time no post for me..

regarding Kabuto, this is my favorite KR series (I watched 11 Heisei series and OOO 12th and 2 showa series). I say if you don't like it, make time to finish it. as for me, I watched Den-O and I hated it. But I sat down, watched it until the last episode and eventually found the good things about it. Well you can do that to Kabuto series as well... :D
Can't believed you hated Den-O!!Almost everyone loved it!
Den-O really did not get into me...just like other people don't like Kabuto...it depends on the preferences...

Ryotaro is a very good character but everything else was not for me..
It is not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me...-Batman
HereticMIND
Infinity
Favorite series: DABURU
2nd Favorite Series: WIZAADO
Dreamy: Medusa-sama~~
Quote: "One word and I hit you again."

Cannot stand Tendou Souji of Kabuto

Post by HereticMIND »

Ok, so I've watched all of the first two episodes of Kamen Rider Kabuto to find out that the main protagonist (Tendou Souji) is basically
Spoiler
a goddamn Gary-Stu
and so far
Spoiler
none of the other characters have called him out on it

It's seriously annoying. Very, very annoying.

Maybe it's just the way the actor is portraying the character or maybe it's how the character was written in the first place, but I'm seriously pissed off here and I'm considering not wanting to watch the rest.

Please tell me it gets better, you guys. Please tell me that this series gets better.
<BrotherFenrir> Omigod all of a sudden I wanna watch gLee.
<BrotherFenrir> The sad thing is that I already have the pilot episode and another first season episode on iTunes...
<BrotherFenrir> I am a pitiful, pitiful man.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty much sums it up for the majority of the series for him, but most of the other characters (especially Kagami) are the ones that have better focus.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Re: Cannot stand Tendou Souji of Kabuto

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

HereticMIND wrote:Ok, so I've watched all of the first two episodes of Kamen Rider Kabuto to find out that the main protagonist (Tendou Souji) is basically
Spoiler
a goddamn Gary-Stu
and so far
Spoiler
none of the other characters have called him out on it
You're probably gonna like what happens to him
Spoiler
in Decade's Kabuto World arc. Especially in light of the implications of excessive Clock Up use.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

wait for kagami to gain his own zecter... you'd probably think the show would better of with him as the protagonist... :D
Minji
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Whenever you see a dangerous man walking slowly towards you with a loud and looming god choir chanting in the background... just fucking run."
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Minji »

I definitely think that people whose main reason for initially disliking the show is Tendoumichi should wait for the other riders. After all, Kabuto is known for having several of them. As for someone being a better main rider, in my humble opinion it doesn't matter that much because you can choose who you want to focus on while watching the show. To me, Tendou is a lovely main rider, but Sasword and the Hoppers were the best thing in the show. And of course there's Gatack and Drake, a lot of people love them. Sure it may be that the whole show itself just isn't for you, and I can't even imagine not liking it so my opinions may not be helpful, but I'd still encourage people to keep watching. The ending is satisfying and I can't recall it leaving any loose ends, but there's not really some big payoff you should be looking forward to. So if after 30-40 episodes you don't care about the characters and the story, give up.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Absolutely. Watching Kabuto is like like watching Goseiger: the title character(s) aren't who you should be watching the series for. Watch everyone else. Tendou's just the guy who pushes the story forwards.
mynightmarestays
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen RIder Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Seto Koji
Favorite Band: Tokio Hotel
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Tha'ts right...Until we seize our dreams, we're going to keep pushing onward!"- Captain Marvelous aka Gokai Red, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Post by mynightmarestays »

I liked Kabuto for the dark tone it had. That's what got me hooked. And it ended up being the first Kamen Rider Series I watched. As for the talk of Riders, I liked Sassword. I don't know why. (I think the actor had something to do with it since he's been in other shows I loved)

Return to “Kamen Rider Kabuto”