How long should I "give it a chance"?

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

How long should I "give it a chance"?

Post by markoclix »

I've watched about the first 10 episodes of the Kabuto and just can't seem to really get into it. I know that not every season is for everyone but I was just wondering how long it took most people to become "hooked" when they were originally watching it. Also, is there some huge pay off somewhere in the series where everything seems to finally come together? Any replies would be greatly appreciated. :)
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Re: How long should I "give it a chance"?

Post by kikaida »

Since I am a Kabuto fan, it only took the first episode for me. Maybe it's because I like tofu :-)

Other reasons . . .
- Souji and his attitude (both kick-ass and coolness)
- the suits and capabilities (cast off, clock up, so much comes from here)
- the fun of the series (cooking contests!)

Kabuto (IMHO) is one of the best Kamen Rider Heisei series.

Give it time, but you're free to not watch or to watch - that's all up to you.
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I dunno. I think Kabuto's shining moments are in the first 20-ish episodes, when they're still rushing to introduce all the riders. It kinda goes downhill during the filler, and the final arc was way rushed. Stick around until Drake and Sasword come into the mix, and if you're still not into it, you're probably not gonna make a connection with it.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

If you can't get hooked on the first 10 eps....then give up on the show. As That Guy had said, the show were at its best during the first 20-ish eps. Aside from a couple of exceptions, everything went downhill after that.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

Ok, thanks. I'll watch maybe a few more episodes and if I can't get into it by that point it may be time to give up on it.
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Survive Forms

Post by Spinster »

I really feel that the series should have been titled Kamen Rider
Spoiler
Gatack
, as
Spoiler
Kagami
struck me as more of the main character than Tendou. When compared to other Heisei-era riders, Tendou/Kabuto's vibe is much more "second rider", whereas
Spoiler
Kagami/Gatack
is more similar in personality and drive to a primary rider. The problem is, as he doesn't get a Zecter until
Spoiler
episode 22
, making him the title character would have led to a lot of confusion early on. That's my take on the whole thing, anyway. I'd say at least give it until then to see if you like it.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

I really hated Kabuto at first. It took a lot of effort each time my ex-boyfriend wanted to watch to convince me to sit down with him and watch it. Now it's my favorite series.

I enjoy the first episodes now, but when I'm re-watching, I always look forward to 22 and beyond (for reasons that would be a spoiler).

I'd say hang in there a little longer. There's some fun stuff that starts in the 20s, and I think the plot really takes off after that. I know there are a lot of people who would disagree with me... but this is how I feel after sitting through the show about 8 times... maybe more. I lost count. :oops:

Anyway. I feel your pain! Especially if you hate Tendou with the passion of a thousand burning suns. Now he's like my third favorite character. No idea when that happened. Just kind of sneaked up on me. :lol:

bestkept
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Drive, Decade, Build, Zero One

Post by bestkept »

hi guys..long time no post for me..

regarding Kabuto, this is my favorite KR series (I watched 11 Heisei series and OOO 12th and 2 showa series). I say if you don't like it, make time to finish it. as for me, I watched Den-O and I hated it. But I sat down, watched it until the last episode and eventually found the good things about it. Well you can do that to Kabuto series as well... :D
It is not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me...-Batman
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

bestkept wrote:hi guys..long time no post for me..

regarding Kabuto, this is my favorite KR series (I watched 11 Heisei series and OOO 12th and 2 showa series). I say if you don't like it, make time to finish it. as for me, I watched Den-O and I hated it. But I sat down, watched it until the last episode and eventually found the good things about it. Well you can do that to Kabuto series as well... :D
Can't believed you hated Den-O!!Almost everyone loved it!
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

I actually know a lot of people who hated Den-O... I wasn't one of them, but it was also the first KR series I ever watched, so...

MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

yumenotenshi07 wrote:I actually know a lot of people who hated Den-O... I wasn't one of them, but it was also the first KR series I ever watched, so...I think Den-O was really childish
The first time I watch Den-O was their Movie MV with music background and I though it was really cool.But when I watch it with it's sounds, It went so lame and began to dislike it....
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
TsukasaxDouble
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
Dreamy: Hanaori Kotoha<3
Favorite Actor?: Alyson Hannigan
My boom: Buffy The VampSlayer

Post by TsukasaxDouble »

I Thought Kabuto was pretty cool from the beginning, but it was only until 20+ episodes i was hooked.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i think you'll enjoy the arc when sasword joined with the hoppers.... thats probably the most memorable arc to me...
Spinster wrote:I really feel that the series should have been titled Kamen Rider
Spoiler
Gatack
, as
Spoiler
Kagami
struck me as more of the main character than Tendou. When compared to other Heisei-era riders, Tendou/Kabuto's vibe is much more "second rider", whereas
Spoiler
Kagami/Gatack
is more similar in personality and drive to a primary rider. The problem is, as he doesn't get a Zecter until
Spoiler
episode 22
, making him the title character would have led to a lot of confusion early on. That's my take on the whole thing, anyway. I'd say at least give it until then to see if you like it.
i think i have to agree with you...

while tendou's attitude is badass i don't really see him as the stereotype main rider guys...
Spoiler
i also think kagami was more like the main rider when he got his zecter and the whole comic relief role was shifted from him to sasword... i mean that in the sense that you could see real emotion in kagami which is essentially a significant feature for a drama-runned series even for a toku(IMHO since the showa ones)
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

kokowaks wrote:
Spoiler
i also think kagami was more like the main rider when he got his zecter and the whole comic relief role was shifted from him to sasword... i mean that in the sense that you could see real emotion in kagami which is essentially a significant feature for a drama-runned series even for a toku(IMHO since the showa ones)
That's pretty much how I've always felt.

Spoiler
I think Kagami's character got some excellent development after he got his rider system. They kind of tried back in episode 4 with the deal with his brother, but yeah... he was pretty much comic relief until they got up into the 20s.

TsukasaxDouble
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
Dreamy: Hanaori Kotoha<3
Favorite Actor?: Alyson Hannigan
My boom: Buffy The VampSlayer

Post by TsukasaxDouble »

kokowaks wrote: while tendou's attitude is badass i don't really see him as the stereotype main rider guys...
This is why i liked Tendou as a main rider, because he wasn't the same as the rest. Then again, that's why i liked Stronger, cause of his Arrogance.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kabuto”