Is this series worth continuing?

Fun is the Key! But it's Takara, not Bandai!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Is this series worth continuing?

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

Okay, I started Ryukendo back when TV Nihon began subbing it. It was decent at best, but I began to hate the costume designs of some the enemies...the purple grunts kinda were childish and the plot seems blah at best. Besides the Good Guy's costume designs and the awesome intro, I felt this show was worthless.
I stopped viewing it around the time the third guy came into the picture.
Does this series get better? or should I not even bother?
unmei
運命

Post by unmei »

It's one of the better one off toku series I've seen, but admittedly its not for everyone, its very kiddy feeling... because tis geared to.. you know... kids.. and toy sales. it does however have some of tokus better comedic writing, and the rare but very well done dramatic episodes that all things need. Look at it with an unbiased eye and you might see it for the true gem that it was, look at it expecting anything along the lines of your standard Sentai/Kamen Rider series, and you'll likely be let down.
Algo Fonix
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Dreamy: Give me a minute
Favorite Band: Haken
Quote: You should be, 'cause I'm havin the time of my liiiiiife right now!

Post by Algo Fonix »

I really like what bit of it I've gotten around to watching. I like the fact that it's not really serious... feck there's enough seriousness in all the other shows to more than make up for it. It's fun, that's for sure. A nice change from the norm, I suppose.
KrimzonKaiser
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: 仮面ライダーW
2nd Favorite Series: 仮面ライダーアギト
Dreamy: 森カンナ
Favorite Actor?: 桐山 漣
Favorite Band: Metal. 'Nuff said.
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: 仮面ライダーディケイド

Post by KrimzonKaiser »

All non-Ryukendo fans must feel Kaiser's wrath!! >_< *points Delta Blaster at Shin*

Feelin' lucky... punk? :-p
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

ryukendo is a very good toku series just being a one-shot project from Takara and Capcom
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Well, at first the series hurt my eyes with those purple grunts and awful villians.

But in the end, I love the series once I get past by the villians.

I enjoyed the heroes and this is what kept me watching to the end.

But as unmei stated it requires unbiased eyes, and once I realized that, I was able to enjoy the show.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

At first, when I watched Ryukendo, I thought it was far too childish for my taste, but once RyuJinOh (aside from RyuKenDo himself and RyuGunOu) appears in later episodes, that's where it starts to be a lot better. Plus, JackMoon! He's by far the best villain I've ever come across, plus he knocked off Sephiroth on my top Villains List, due to his nobility nature as Swordsman first, Villain-That-Wants-To-Take-Over-The-World second. And he appears twice! (Though I can't tell you what really happens in detail, which you'll have to watch the episodes yourself...)

Give RyuKenDo a second chance and you'll regret that you ever say this series was too childish for you...
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

Dark Ichigo wrote:ryukendo is a very good toku series just being a one-shot project from Takara and Capcom
Didn't Capcom sponsor another toku series? I can't remember the name of the series right now, but the main character had a very shiny costume, and could shoot something from his hands that sort of looked like a hadoken shot (or Kikou Shou, whatever your mileage).
Ultravinc
Gao

Re: Is this series worth continuing?

Post by Ultravinc »

I just finished watching the final espisode ! It is a very fun, refreshing serie with some good concepts/ideas ! I really enjoyed the SHOT TEAM, the relations between characters ! I'll miss Rin :!: :oops:

ULTIMATE MADAN GIRI SLASH ! :D
XATMO8G
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?

Post by XATMO8G »

The series gets alot better after Ryujinou is introduced. It becomes more mature although I think that the scenery and the buildings and all look really fake. The story and powerups are also very predictable and they spoils alot of stuff during the previews. The series is very not as dark as Kamen Rider and is more comedic than the rest. Im OK with the show but its just not up to the Kamen rider standard so if you are expecting something as good as Kamen rider then this is probably not the show for you.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL. Yeah, if you want to watch Kamen Rider, don't watch this, because this is not Kamen Rider.

But RyuKenDo has it's serious moments, and Kamen Rider has its comedic moments. It's rather silly to make the comparison. RyuKenDo is RyuKenDo, if you like some of the serious stories that come up in the show (like in episode 8) then you might like some of the other serious stuff. And hey, comedy ain't bad either.
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

I admit when this series came out, I ignored it. After a while, I gave it a chance.

I'm glad I got over myself and watched it!!
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Well, its i kinda mixed up Series, with half of Dramatic and half kinda Childish Attitude, but was fun to watch, just 2 things are really annoying i think.

Spoiler
1) Its called Ryukendo, but is thisan reason to give him 99,89% off all the Madan Keys?
Esspecially the Final Key, it was Parted in three, and in the watchback they were also three Warriors, so why it has to fuse back into one, instead of given 1 Part to each Warrior...

2) In Part 49 or 50, DaiMaOu-sama is Fusioning with Doctor Worm, and kicks the asses of the Madan Warriors to Hell, where the Epi ended, but after that he never apeears again, just where the Hell is he disappeared to?
KrimzonKaiser
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: 仮面ライダーW
2nd Favorite Series: 仮面ライダーアギト
Dreamy: 森カンナ
Favorite Actor?: 桐山 漣
Favorite Band: Metal. 'Nuff said.
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: 仮面ライダーディケイド

Post by KrimzonKaiser »

Farr wrote:1) Its called Ryukendo, but is thisan reason to give him 99,89% off all the Madan Keys?
Esspecially the Final Key, it was Parted in three, and in the watchback they were also three Warriors, so why it has to fuse back into one, instead of given 1 Part to each Warrior...

2) In Part 49 or 50, DaiMaOu-sama is Fusioning with Doctor Worm, and kicks the asses of the Madan Warriors to Hell, where the Epi ended, but after that he never apeears again, just where the Hell is he disappeared to?[/spoiler]
1) Well, for starters, Ryukendo was the star of the series? As with any show of this kind, the cooler you make the main hero look by giving extra gadgets and extra powers, the more it sells. Besides, Ryujinoh kicked enough ass without the need of an Ultimate Key.

2) >.> <.< ...He died.
通りすがりの仮面カイザーだ。憶えておけ!
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

Spoiler
They made up for Ryukendo's 15 keys (just throwing out a number) by giving Ryugunoh (Magna RyuGunOh) a power up and Ryujino a new Trinity attack (which Ryujinoh is stronger on a base level than the others anyway). And there were plenty of episodes that character focused on Fudou or Shiranami and only had Kenji join in at the end.

As for what happened to Worm/GrenGhost, what happened was when Ryukendo went to the Power Spot and powered up himself and the others to Ultimate, he also powered up GrenGhost enough for him to abandon (therefore killing) Dr. Worms Body... Watch EP. 50 again and you'll see that he doesnt just dissappear.

Now MY only gripe is, THEY wore the same civilian clothes for 52 episodes!!!!!!!!!! Now thats annoying

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif

Return to “Madan Senki RyuKenDo”