Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger

Post by takenoko »

The Sentai that started us off. It had style, it had action. Great music from Psychic Lover. Actually good mecha designs. It was the best. 5.

Images
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Ratings Poll: Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger

Post by Kogashi »

The show's appeal, isn't just about likeable character, but it's also not about a wide variety of episodes. What makes this show great, is JUSTICE! Dekared. *does the pose*
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

The Sentai that really I think the best from the 2000's. Doesn't matter even if Ban is extremely loud because each member got to share the spotlight too. In fact, this is the area of Dekaranger that Ninninger failed. Just too bad that DekaSwan doesn't appear more.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

It's one of the rare monster-of-the-week series that is done so well. It doesn't feel repetitive because every enemy is a new type of alien with different motives, and their background stories are all interesting. Everything feels satisfying. I love commanders/heads who aren't completely useless. The reveal that Doggie was actually so super strong himself and his appearances are just epic.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Dekaranger was the first Sentai I got to see in its entirety (I started watching toku during Boukenger and quickly started playing catchup) and it still holds up after all these years. Just hope the "10 Years After" special doesn't disappoint.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I didn't hate Dekaranger, but it had plenty of things I disliked. The narrator constantly telling us things we already know, and the blatant alien racism. Apparently everyone on Earth knows aliens are around, but the aliens dress as humans for the humans' benefit. So to save a bit of money, Toei decided to promote alien racism. It's one of the areas where Disney's money really helped.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

By that logic, is Men in Black racist against aliens too?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

HowlingSnail wrote:The narrator constantly telling us things we already know,
In fairness, they seem to have meant it as a reference to the Space Sheriff shows which do the same thing all the time.
[Macaroni's response was transported in 0.5 seconds, let's see that again]
Ginhoshi
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Decade, OOO
Dreamy: Jasmine Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Maria
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ranger Keys
Quote: Obaachan gaitteita. Otoko ga yatte wa ikenai kotoga futatsu aru. Onanoko wo nakaseru kototo, tabemono wo somatsu ni suru kotoda.

Post by Ginhoshi »

I give Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger a 5/5. My 2nd Favorite Sentai of all time next to Maskman because First Sentai I saw in the Philippines so nostalgia factors win. Great OST which is the best IMO although I only own the complete song collection from Deka-Zyuden. The character names I can't forget since they were all named after a type of tea. Great character development and interactions. Not your typical against an evil organization but just against some random terrorist alien which was refreshing. Awesome mecha design, awesome suit designs. Really can't say anything bad about the series cause it was the series that made me watch all the 2000 onward sentai
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

My number one reason for loving this series: Ayumi Kinoshita (Dekayellow)!
prowlfire
Adventure

Post by prowlfire »

I've said this before elsewhere on the forums - PGSM brought me to TV-Nihon, DekaRanger got me to stay for the last 10 years (can't believe it's been so long). 5 for me not only because of the nostalgia factor, but the cast was one of the best. They had fantastic chemistry with each other, whether as a group or paired off into any combination. Ayumi Kinoshita and Mika Kikuchi were my #1 celebrity crushes for the longest time too. And the music, oh man the music. I think it's the only sentai series of which I own the complete collections rather than just the OP/EDs.

One of my favorite shows ever. I mean hell, my online handle is usually Jigoku No Banken at other places if it can fit, otherwise I shorten it to JigokUNO (an homage to AAA's Misako Uno).
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

Great story. I love the idea that you're commander-in-chief transform and fight the bad guy (Although others might consider Big One in JAKQ Dengekitai but Doggie Kruger/DekaMaster is the first commander to transform and fights side by side with his subordinates). Cool transforming base that when transformed into battle mode is a huge bad ass robot that will let you say in Japanese "DEKAI!'. I love the opening music sung by Psychic Lover and one of my favorites too. I'll give it 5 out of 5 :mrgreen:
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

toni2212 wrote:The Sentai that really I think the best from the 2000's. Doesn't matter even if Ban is extremely loud because each member got to share the spotlight too. In fact, this is the area of Dekaranger that Ninninger failed. Just too bad that DekaSwan doesn't appear more.
Actually right after the horrible Power-Up Episode/s of Ninninger, I can't really say much more than that, it was an awesome Show with great Cast, every Character was different but fitting and all got there Spotlight. Even thou that DekaRobos shootroll to the side was pretty much overused, they also had an nice Mecha Design, and definetly the best Team Power Up Episodes to Date, not to Mention that the Swat Mode itself was an awesome Power-Up in itself, and with 'Swat-on' it also had one of the best Backgroundtracks.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote:By that logic, is Men in Black racist against aliens too?
I was joking, but Men in Black would be a different situation anyway, since the general public in that wasn't aware of aliens. But in Deka, everyone knew, it's just that the aliens dressed up so humans didn't have to look at them.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Don't worry man, we know you're joking. Luna was just playing along. I chuckled when I read it myself.

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”