Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Deka Deka Deka Deka Ranger! Atsui ze~!

Post by Bauffie »

Ok, so, do I need to say anything about spoilers that may surface?

Ah, yet again, I was about to write a completely irrelevant title like "When I grow up, I want to be a Dekaranger". :\ I need a guide about "How to come up with clever and relevant titles".

Anyhow, I recently started this series and regretting will be the last thing I'll do. This is -such- a fun series with cops action, hetero pairings, yaoi parirings, Doggie Kruger D: and drama.

All characters have such cute quirks that it's hard to decide who I like better. (All the guys have such nice builds as well >.>) From the start, I kept looking for a match for Umeko but all parings are likable. >_>
At first, it was BanxUmeko because they had a mission together and it was quite cute. Too bad Ban had to look elsewhere. Who the hell wouldn't like to have Umeko as a girlfriend?
Then, it was UmekoxHouji because "he" saw her in her birthday suit. Well, he doesn't remember anything from the incident, but body memory exists. :D Though, since he's a Den-O wife beater, I'm not sure she'll be safe with him. (props to him for acting like a convincing wife beater) (I accidentally wrote BanxHouji. My mind must be playing subliminal games with me.)
Also, there was TetsuxUmeko for some reasons that I forgot, but I quickly gave up on this. Tetsu is too... girly. XD Wig and nice legs? Naah. Also, what's with his weird "appreciation" for Swan-san? He does realize that she's about twice his age? o_O
Then, there's SenxUmeko. Ah, Sen-chan has such small eyes but he's so tall and charming. <3

Tetsu Inada plays Doggy Kruger. <3 Oh gosh, Doggy is just as hot and awesome as Bat Li. >_>;; I remember reading a comic about the mystery behind Deka Master's mask on this forum before. Does anyone still have it/them?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Deka Deka Deka Deka Ranger! Atsui ze~!

Post by takenoko »

>Who the hell wouldn't like to have Umeko as a girlfriend?

Umeko's really cute, but she seems kind of like a little girl. Although I really liked both Twin Cam Angels

>(I accidentally wrote BanxHouji. My mind must be playing subliminal games with me.)

Aha!

>Also, there was TetsuxUmeko

Nonsense! ...because someone had to say it

>Wig and nice legs? Naah. Also, what's with his weird "appreciation" for Swan-san? He does realize that she's about twice his age? o_O

He has a mother complex

>Then, there's SenxUmeko. Ah, Sen-chan has such small eyes but he's so tall and charming. <3

>Does anyone still have it/them?

I've still got all the ones I translated. Lucikly it's a short list

Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

*Take puts up the translated comics* I, am, not, worthy! *Grovels*
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Bauffie
Save the life

Post by Bauffie »

>>He has a mother complex
Ok, that's true but... he was hitting on her. o__O That's wrong. *To any members here who date people twice his/her age, I still respect you* Tetsu may as well hit on Umeko. She was like a mother to some alien. Breast feeding omg. XD

>>http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... se2yg9.jpg
...Nevaa! Go-on green doesn't look mature enough to be like Sen. D: ~<3

>>I've still got all the ones I translated. Lucikly it's a short list
Ooooh thanks a lot! I'm pretty sure that the ones that I read before had a different translation. Then I guess it was on another site. xD But oh well, I'm sure glad I can now understand the jokes. Swan-san in a school uniform. XD (But... DogxSwan... isn't that wrong as well?)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>>He has a mother complex
>Ok, that's true but... he was hitting on her.

Not his mother XD

>Ooooh thanks a lot! I'm pretty sure that the ones that I read before had a different translation. Then I guess it was on another site. xD But oh well, I'm sure glad I can now understand the jokes.

I was reading my archive, not sure why I never translated the rest of them before. Just one more thing to add to the backburner
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Bauffie wrote:>>He has a mother complex
Ok, that's true but... he was hitting on her. o__O That's wrong. *To any members here who date people twice his/her age, I still respect you* Tetsu may as well hit on Umeko. She was like a mother to some alien. Breast feeding omg. XD
Ah but he's also use to only being around the 'best of the best', stuck up gold badge little brat... Anyways. He would prefer someone more mature in behavior, someone who can match or surpass his intelligence. So of course he would prefer Swan over Umiko... Personally though I'd go for Jasmine myself.
Bauffie wrote:(But... DogxSwan... isn't that wrong as well?)
What's so wrong bout DogxSwan? They are effectively the mother and father figures for the squad. Doggy with his gruff, stubborn, battle hardened exterior, always prepared to put his life on the line to protect any in his team, but also 'human' enough to make mistakes now and then, and knowing it well enough to completely trust the rest of the team in the end.

Swan with her warm, silly, caring personality, always there when the team needs anything fixed. The calm voice of emotion compared to Doggy's tough guy reason... Plus the end of the Dekamaster and Samurai episodes are just too cute to argue with XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Bauffie
Save the life

Post by Bauffie »

I finally got over the species problem. xD; Swan x Doggie is indeed sweet.

I finished Dekaranger and... hell, it was a festival of character development. Since this is only the second Sentai show that I watched, I expected some super plot thing like Gekiranger, but it was when I got to the end that I realized that there were only mini arcs of 1-3 episodes. And that's what makes it awesome. o_o None of the characters were left out (ok, maybe Tetsu, but he crossdressed and got raped... ;o;) and all of them were very likable. Best festival ever. >_>

My favorite episode has to be when Sen was trapped in dark room. When the wall touched his feet, he suddenly lost concentration, panicked so greatly. He became so vulnerable. T_T The scene was so well done that it was hard not to feel sad for him. (but wth, as a kid, he continuously jumped on some board placed above a well? Smart, my dear Sen-Jr, smart!) It was so funny at the end of the episode when Ban and the whole group made fun of him by stretching their faces.

Ah...
Spoiler
ImageImage

Good job, Sen, good job! *à la Daruma*

He's 184cm tall and she's 150cm. >_> Jackpot.

Ah man, why did I watch Dekaranger only now? XD *shot* (holy crap... how did I finish this series when I'm in exam weeks. T___T Curse you, stress!)
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

Having just recently finished this series, I agree this was a very fun series from beginning to end.

I loved the quirks of each character, and Umeko was so cute, I really only saw two pairings for her, and that was usually either Ban or Sen.

Doggie Kruger was kick ass as DekaMaster!

it was such a shame that Swan could only use her powers once every four years, but when she did use them, she used them well.

I love the police procedural nature of the series, but also the sense of fun it had, because it did have a great sense of humor that wasn't forced in any way, especially certain OTT moments that weren't cringe inducing, only because they were handled in such an excellent manner.

I love the ending song with that robot jazz band and the robotic lounge singer, absolutely brilliant in its sheer ludicrousness.

And of course the 'Girls in Trouble' ending that would feature for episodes involving either Jasmine, Umeko or both, very catchy in its bubblegum poppiness.

And I love how on the very last episode, even after the credits have rolled, they have Ban in his DekaRed form alone on a black backdrop, and then you see MagiRed appear out of nowhere, and the two clasp hands, as if Ban was like, 'Go get 'em kid'. brilliant.

Oh, and Agent Abrera, you couldn't ask for a better villain, a criminal mastermind who dealt in warfare, and operated behind the scenes, making plans within plans, brilliant, utterly brilliant!

Plus, I love how this series very often had the Alienizers controlling giant robotic machines to fight the Dekarangers, and only on very rare occasions would one of the Alienizers actually become gigantic, which was certainly a nice change of pace from making the monsters grow all the time.

Absolutely great series, loved it!
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Spoiler
I never really predected that Sen and Umeko would end up together, but they make a pretty couple.

Wht do people like Umeko? She is VERY cute, A pure heart, and loves to be naked in a tub in most episodes! oh yes, and the "NO BREASTS" Moment LOL.

Though i wanted to see DoggyXSwan, they obviously have something between them. Like when swan got kidnapped, she was calling for doggy to come rescue her, and he kicked ass doing so, and that walk along the beach with a tender moment in Episode 36, and in Magi Vs. Deka when Myuki Ozu call's them the happiest couple she knows.
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

Sexy_Robovoice, She can transform more often, in fact she tries to in Episode 49 but she gets knocked out before she could, it's her policy to only do it once every four years.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Sexy_RoboVoice wrote:And I love how on the very last episode, even after the credits have rolled, they have Ban in his DekaRed form alone on a black backdrop, and then you see MagiRed appear out of nowhere, and the two clasp hands, as if Ban was like, 'Go get 'em kid'. brilliant.
Yeah, they do something like that every season, to "hand off" the airwaves to the next crew.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Drago11 wrote:Yeah, they do something like that every season, to "hand off" the airwaves to the next crew.
Yeah, but that started with deka
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

takenoko wrote:
Drago11 wrote:Yeah, they do something like that every season, to "hand off" the airwaves to the next crew.
here are all 4 so far:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=M8cQzAw1r3g Deka to Magi
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Foo_RD2Ix ... re=related Magi to Bouken
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=p3GaFDmxFYA Bouken to Geki
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=EdAwgQUppoQ Geki to Go-on
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

takenoko wrote:
Oh it did? I thought it had been going on for a while.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Not sure about you, but I count 4 years as a while XP

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”