It's Judgment Time!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< TimeRanger | DekaRanger | MagiRanger >
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: DekaRanger 10 years after released

Post by ViRGE »

Well I'll be damned, we got a mecha fight this time.:) It's just not Super Sentai without the robos. Shame that so much of it was stock footage and old clips (I'll wager it was taken from the theatrical movie, BTW, rather than cropping the series), but i can work with that for what bits of new footage we got. Given what they did with it and how short it was, that must have been the full quality "hero" suit from the museum, especially since they wouldn't have the lower quality suits for fighting lying around.

And the power of teleportation from breastfeeding. Marvel has come up with some weird sources of powers over the years, but that one tops radioactive spiders, cosmic rays, and fish oil by a mile...:o
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kids, breastfeed your babies.

I don't mind Jasmine marrying someone 10 or so years her junior. They're both consenting adults and all, plus they met again when he was an adult. It's not like she was following him since he was a kid. Plus, wasn't Ayumi like 17 or 18 when they filmed Deka? I don't think Jasmine is much older than 20, so it's not that big a difference. The actors' ages are only 11 years apart.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

I loved how they even brought back the Narrator to explain stuff that the viewers should already know, like how the Judgement system works.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Post by tr0jance »

I never watched any sentai Prior to Gokaiger, but man DekaRanger is awesome, I've watched Power Ranger SPD but this seems different from it, I'll make it a point to watch the whole series. Thanks!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

We've got the first 3 eps in qc from the Blu-ray, so hopefully we can get those out soon~
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Man, soooooo much nostalgia hit me as I was watching this! Jetman may have been my first sentai, but it was Dekaranger that got me to love the franchise as a whole.

Lots of callbacks and references to running gags from the series, with some nice nods to past events (Jasmine marrying Hikaru??? What a cradle robber!)

The fight with the Abrera clone could of been better, but I guess they wanted to get him in somehow.

So they actually explain how judgement works? That's kinda neat, but it raises a lot of questions. Like if time is faster on the planet, how can they have pinpoint perfect communications outside of their time phenomena? Also it must be a bitch to work there.

Overall, it was great, and the nostalgia was fantastic. Now I feel like rewatching Dekaranger all over again.

5/5
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Thanks guys for subbing this. Dekranger was one of the first Sentai I saw back in the day. I still got ya'll subs of that in archival somewhere.
Great Job
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Wow, so Jasmine married the little boy she met during the series. For some reason, that was the main thing I remember from this movie. Lol. That's some Anakin/Padme stuff where the female's age is sorta more significant than the male. Interesting. I enjoyed this movie and was glad to see everyone back. It's like they never miss a beat as when I was watching it, I already felt the vibe from the show. Loved the fact that Asumu's name is the same as his name from Hibiki. And darn the stock mecha footage looked so grainy.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

I really hooked into Dekaranger ten years ago, I watch this movie with extreme happiness.
The movie is very good, as said by other members. There are enough mystery thing, lots of nostalgic parts of each members. I like it to see Hoji "undercover" as gamer. Everyone performance is good. They are matured up. I am actually shock to see Jasmine's hubby is that little child, how lucky guy!

I enjoy seeing the Earth branch station interior in many detail. The only upset part is, Doggie is not given action scene. Well, that the sacrifice due to storyline.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This was an amazing special to watch. Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger was the very first Super Sentai I watched after learning about it from watching the ending credits of Power Rangers SPD. The part of "Based on Dekaranger" had me curious, found Dekaranger, watched it, been hooked ever since. So returning to the series that catapulted me into the Sentai series *and by extension Riders as well* was a nostalgic hit much like how Gokaiger was the massive nostalgic nosebleed erection for those who grew up with the actual Super Sentai series.

All the little things that made the series great was present:
Ban having crazy ideas *nowhere near the level of Tetsu crossdressing thank god*
Speaking of Tetsu, awesome new trenchcoat
Umeko's bath time
Jasmine is an ESPer
Sen's thinking pose
Hoji was the most different, *long rant open at own risk*
Spoiler
but when the reveal of him constantly reviewing the case day-in and day-out, it explains how depressed and tattered he was. Before Ban was assigned to the Earth Branch in Ep 1 of the series proper, he was the go-to man for Kruger, so the father figure being framed made him devote everything he had to finding the truth.

Felt giddy throughout the special but it really put a smile on my face when the theme song kicked in.
Kruger finally *somewhat* proposed to Swan-san!
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Post by GaMa7 »

I was finally able to watch "10 years after" and wow, it was really a blast. I mean, Deka wasn't the best in terms of plots, I watched it more because of the characters: their alchemy, their mannerisms, seeing how they will resolve the most absurd of crisies. this one was really a fangasm, they really crammed it with such a ludicrous amount of homages to the original series that I was smiling all the time. I mean, plot holes and cheap cg weren't enough to makes my enthusiasm waver: it's just amazing seeing them again, not to mention seeing how much fun they were having. Loved how some recurrent moments of the show were inserted in the fabric of the plot, Sen "thinking pose" is one of the most awesome due to now have even an use in battle! I must say I loved the final moments: Doggie and Swan confession may be almost random (even Swan notices it) but its just the fulfillement of years of nice little moments. It's a fan moment yet so sweet. And the final "partner scene", damn it was nice: the way all the actors but especially Ban and Houji smile through the scene really sells it. They were really enjoying the moment, it really made me feel nostalgic. thank you so much for this release guys, this just reaffirm Deka as one of my favourite sentai ever!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Always cool to have people discover releases even year or years after we've released them. Glad you enjoyed it man!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Finally got around to checking this out. Was not disappointed. Definitely a lot better executed than the Hurricanger one was.

My only complaint is the mecha scene felt out of place. They could have done a scene with a robot and had the whole team in the Dekaranger Robo, but oh well.
Gfawkes77
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Fujioka
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: I am me and that is all there is to see.

Post by Gfawkes77 »

I know this is silly but anyone noticed two words Michael Micson says near the beginning. "Saraba chikyuu yo." I though it was kind of a bit of a nod to his voice actor, Isao Sasaki.
A billion lives can surround a star yet if that star should fade few will ever be lost.

"We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others dare enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the one we die for the one."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is that a song he sings?

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”