Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Space Squad: Gavan VS Deka Promo released

Post by takenoko »

Lotta names in that teaser.

While I always want more Deka... Does this mean we're not getting Magi 10 years after? Because that series really deserves SOMETHING after not getting a versus (Thanks, VS Super Sentai!)

Not sure what the Girls In Trouble spinoff is all about. Is it a full independent thing or a smaller part of the main movie?

One odd thought: Gavan is like this kooky hobo uncle that shows up sometimes at Christmas dinners. Why does he get top billing over DekaRanger? Because when you go looking for any of this shit when it's released, it's going to be under DekaRanger.
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Space Squad: Gavan VS Deka Promo released

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:One odd thought: Gavan is like this kooky hobo uncle that shows up sometimes at Christmas dinners. Why does he get top billing over DekaRanger? Because when you go looking for any of this shit when it's released, it's going to be under DekaRanger.
Toei continues to push Metal Heroes. After the tepid response to their earlier projects, I must admit I'm a bit surprised that they're trying yet again. Also, that this is announced a year in advance is kind of odd.

Meanwhile, do we know what project it is replacing? I'm trying to think of what was released this year that this movie essentially replaces in Toei's annual project lineup, and I'm coming up empty.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

ViRGE wrote:Meanwhile, do we know what project it is replacing? I'm trying to think of what was released this year that this movie essentially replaces in Toei's annual project lineup, and I'm coming up empty.

Maybe the Super Hero Time movies? I don't know when they released before though
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Probably whatever random toku bonus movie that would have appeared before. I'm still hoping for a Magi or Boukenger anniversary, but that seems less likely if they're doing two movie thingies with Deka and Space Sheriff's casts.

Edit: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category:T ... ver_Movies
The Super Hero Taisen movies were mostly in the spring
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Probably whatever random toku bonus movie that would have appeared before. I'm still hoping for a Magi or Boukenger anniversary, but that seems less likely if they're doing two movie thingies with Deka and Space Sheriff's casts.

Edit: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category:T ... ver_Movies
The Super Hero Taisen movies were mostly in the spring
That could very well be the case. However Toei seems to really like their spring nostalgia movie, so I'm going to be a bit surprised if this is what replaces it.

And a Boukenger 10 Year movie would be awesome. You don't even need all 6, just get Sakura and Akashi.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Boukenger would be great tbh.

Have to agree about Gavan being kinda lame. Not really a metal heroes fan but this should be fun regardless.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

im looking forward to this too! i just saw the flier on a FB group page and got excited for more dekaranger! oh and gavan ... i was thinking about deka ranger recently too. thinking they would be a good cross over team up for jyuohger.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

What have us Toku fans done to not get a Magiranger epilogue story? I don't think that is ever going to happen anymore with Dekaranger getting all these extra movies. Such a shame. Anyways, it's good to know that Koichi Sakamoto is directing the Girls in Trouble spin-off. At least we know that there will be crazy action, leg/panty shots and explosions. Not sure what to make about Gavan getting another movie too. He wasn't all that in the Gokaiger movie.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Here's the story:

Gavan acts like a dick, he gets in a fight with the DekaRangers. They eventually realize that they're after the same goal, so they team up. They fight together and it ends.

At least Girls in Trouble looks like it has the potential to be something that's not that predictable. Also, I'm a big fan of Momose Misaki after her recent Garo appearance. Since I never saw the Star Sheriff Next Generation movies, it'll be my first time seeing her character in those.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

chronoxiong wrote:He wasn't all that in the Gokaiger movie.
The Gokaiger film was nice enough to use Kenji Ohba though, instead of Mr. Nu-Gavan. I mean, there's a reason why people claim the only good part of Gavan Next Gen was Ohba coming in, because he's the only one of the two with actual talent, with the actual skills to pull the material off. Otherwise, you're following some guy who just can't make you want to get invested in a film with as flimsy a story as it has.

To get back on-topic, I might have been excited for these since Arakawa does good but.. Sakamoto. He really burnt a metaphorical bridge with me after how Shaider Next Gen turned out, that just being a really awful movie all around. So, I'm not thrilled to see him come back, especially directing that "Girls in Trouble" film, ugh. Aka x Pink, man, that's all ya need to know.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

I downloaded the trailer. As far as I can see, it was 30 seconds of.... nothing.

No, wait, it was only 15 seconds long. So, 15 seconds of nothing. :(

My condolences to the volunteers who translated and laid out this 15 seconds of nothing. I'm sure you had better use of your time than this. :(
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Here's the story:

Gavan acts like a dick, he gets in a fight with the DekaRangers. They eventually realize that they're after the same goal, so they team up. They fight together and it ends.

At least Girls in Trouble looks like it has the potential to be something that's not that predictable. Also, I'm a big fan of Momose Misaki after her recent Garo appearance. Since I never saw the Star Sheriff Next Generation movies, it'll be my first time seeing her character in those.
On that note, I know you originally passed on those movies. But maybe that should be put back on the schedule ahead of the new Gavan movie? In case something in the new movie ends up referencing those movies...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

LOL, masters of continuity that they are.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

I know the whole 10 years after thing started with Hurricanger because the cast all wanted to do it. Abaranger didn't get one, but Dekaranger did. In Abaranger's case, wasn't it because Aiko Ito retired, so they couldn't get everyone to return? Maybe that happened with Magiranger.
Sad not to get Magiranger 10 years after, as deserving as it is, but I'll gladly accept more Dekaranger. I'm still mad about that sequel we didn't get.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

All's that as maybe, but first I need to say one thing... YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-! :D *proceeds to be hype for this for the next few days before actually watching the promo*
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”