Gabu
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Maya
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Henshin devices

Re: DekaRanger Vs. Abaranger

Post by Comatose »

Before I had watched this release, I hadn't watched sentai since Go-onger started. I stopped b/c Go-onger just didn't appeal to me for some reason, I couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime in the future.

But anyway, I wasn't used to the silliness that is associated with sentai, I've been watching nothing but Kamen Rider so I was used to the more serious (not by much :P) nature of those shows but since I liked the few episodes I had seen of Abaranger (despite the fact they were HK subs) I watched this and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Abareblack and Abarekiller are my favorites from that series so to see them back was a real treat. Their change braces and weapons are the only toys I have from that series (*makes a note to do a review of them some day).

Thanks guys for putting this out, excellent job as always.

On a side note, does anyone have a clear recording of Asuka's Dino Harp song? I'd rip the one from this release but I don't want the speaking lines in the background, I just want the song. I'm thinking of turning into a ring tone for my phone.

Keep up the good work guys, it's greatly appreciated. :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Comatose wrote: I had seen of Abaranger (despite the fact they were HK subs) I watched this and I thoroughly enjoyed it
Not sure if you saw it in the news post, but zeldAIS' group Skewedis currently doing Aba. I'm helping with the QC, so I can attest to how good it is

Anyway, how's it going comatose? You should drop by the chan sometime, since like it feels like it's been a while since we talked
Comatose
Gabu
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Maya
My boom: Henshin devices

Post by Comatose »

yeah, I noticed Take. Love the work they're doing on Abaranger so far, can't wait to see more.

I'll have to remember to log in to the channel one of these days. :P
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

I can't believe that I saw Kasumi(Hibiki) in this! She looked cool!
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Hey...I'm a bit late to the party, but I started watching these sentai movies to get a sense of weather or not I wanted to watch the shows.

...and now I've seen monsters get shot, beaten, impaled, hacked apart, felt up to "check for weaknesses," shot again, thrown by the teeth, shot for good measure, and partially explode due to gentle gliding. This is to say nothing of dinobots who talk through bracelets or a space court on standby whose sole purpose is to let Megaman's dog turn into a space bazooka. :shock:

Sweet mother of all insanity, this was great. I'm sold, going to check out every one of these shows. If it ever gets half as great as this again, it'll be time well spent.

In the words of Shin Nohara, thanks for teaching me songs and awesome violence! :D
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

I only watched the first few minutes, and it had me interested in seeing more of Abaranger, so I really do hope Skewed manages to finish the series.

I definitely loved the initial misunderstanding between the Dekas and the Abarangers. Heck, the way the Abarangers acted in the beginning, I would've thought they were the villains too. Can't wait to see more. :) This is great stuff.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It was nice seeing the Aba team in the future considering I have yet to see the entire series. Who would've thought a monster consisting of a Croc, a Fatsia, & a telephone would be capable of running a empire of Dino House Curry. The interaction between the Deka's & the Aba's was very well done, seeing the contrast of professionalism between the two teams really helped both standout and really make this a excellent Vs. movie.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

Battra wrote:It was nice seeing the Aba team in the future considering I have yet to see the entire series. Who would've thought a monster consisting of a Croc, a Fatsia, & a telephone would be capable of running a empire of Dino House Curry. The interaction between the Deka's & the Aba's was very well done, seeing the contrast of professionalism between the two teams really helped both standout and really make this a excellent Vs. movie.
this was an interesting special, although there's a great deal of backstory to Abaranger series that you would need to be aware of to fully enjoy it, like the fact that two of the Abarangers on the show are fathers, one of them died towards the end of the series run, and of course the significance of that insane OTT monster that looked like a alligator with an old fashioned telephone on top of its head. (seriously WTF was up with that thing?)

there was great interaction between the two teams, which was awesome, the action was pretty fast and furious, but there were also a lot of seizure inducing flashes thrown in that gave me a headache.

all in all though, it was a good team up special.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Crowning Moment of Awesome by AbareKiller

'I thought we revived the strongest?'

"That's why I am here!"

I love Abare Killer
Sanyu
Infinity
Favorite series: Drive
2nd Favorite Series: KR Fourze
My boom: Too many to count.

Post by Sanyu »

Hey, is there a torrent for Dekaranger vs. Abaranger? I can't seem to download the movie from Megaupload for some reason.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's in one of the Dekaranger batches.
GyouseiKiba
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns. But by the blade of knights, mankind was given hope.

Post by GyouseiKiba »

Silentwolfdog wrote:Oh? That was about correct as well? I thought it was either you or someone at TVN who came up with that phrase first, but realized it wasn't correct and changed it to a new line.
I'm about three years late on this, but I felt like I should mention that I'm responsible for that translation. I made it for Abaranger's Wikipedia entry and then it spread from there. :P
zmanstardustdrgn
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Kriko

Re: DekaRanger Vs. Abaranger released

Post by zmanstardustdrgn »

What Batch on the tracker is this under?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

We've got the Blu-ray version encoded, so it'll be released soonish.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Ugg, mixed 24fps and 30fps material. Damn you Toei!

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”