< TimeRanger | DekaRanger | MagiRanger >
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

Re: DekaRanger Vs. Abaranger

Post by zeldAIS »

Cheetah-dono did such a wonderful job at typesetting this team-up that when i was qc'ng it i'm always like *_* everytime - all of the typesetting effects he did for deka amazed me. The roll call especially are so superb. I'm out of words of complimenting adjectives to describe his amazing work here. (heh, sign up for next year's super sentai series XD)

Probably my favorite scene in this teamup would be when Nakadai-sensei said to Asuka his regards to Asuka's daughter (though that's quite a spoiler when you are watching SkewedS' releases so far =P). That Ace Batting Waterboy (watch JDrama H2 and his very little role in the Waterboys movie) is prolly one of the most badass protagonist in any sentai series i know which I really liked as a character (well, there's BlackCondor, Rio and TimeFire as my other similar badass fave characters though XD (Black Condor especially since you won't see any sentai member who smokes nowadays XD)).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Silentwolfdog wrote:So it's not "Pale with palpitation!"?
That's a pretty cute translation. I can see the person doing it was trying to capture the word "white" that is in the kanji for "hakubi"

ときめきの白眉 / Tokimeki no Hakubi

Tokimeki = excitement, palpitation works here too

Hakubi = finest example, very best. The pun here is that haku is the kanji for white which is Abarekiller's color. The meaning itself very much fits Abarekiller's personality

Anyway, I kind of wish I thought of that, but I feel fine with the translation that I came up with
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Man I remember watching a sub of this back when I only watched Toku on YouTube... Don't remember who subbed it since I didn't pay attention back then ^^;
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

takenoko wrote:
Silentwolfdog wrote:So it's not "Pale with palpitation!"?
That's a pretty cute translation. I can see the person doing it was trying to capture the word "white" that is in the kanji for "hakubi"

ときめきの白眉 / Tokimeki no Hakubi

Tokimeki = excitement, palpitation works here too

Hakubi = finest example, very best. The pun here is that haku is the kanji for white which is Abarekiller's color. The meaning itself very much fits Abarekiller's personality

Anyway, I kind of wish I thought of that, but I feel fine with the translation that I came up with
Oh? That was about correct as well? I thought it was either you or someone at TVN who came up with that phrase first, but realized it wasn't correct and changed it to a new line.

I wonder what zeldAIS will pick for his series. Probably same as yours to keep fans from being confused or whatever.

Regardless, I am happy that I know what it means now, so that it can still be my favorite line, regardless of how many different way you can say his line.
I like that scene as well, I would probably do what dekabreak said, just cuz im mean like that or just for a laugh to see what response i get, just a shame you couldnt see dekapinks face for the response
Yeah I know. I figured her response was probably audio or something but...oh well.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

there was no response, she just looked his way and that was it
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Oh?

Then all of us missed it anyway. :P

I guess it's up to our imagine then. ^^
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Abare Red taking a call during the middle of the battle... LOL.

The three girls fighting the sucubbus was... lame...

Dekas: Looks like Abare Blue is just merely touching him...
Abare Blue: Indeed I am...

Deka Red and Deka Green switching weapons was funny. Haha!

The aliens wanting to 'gattai' as well, that was quite funny too.

Nicely done typesetting! Happy (belated) birthday TV-N!
wingform84
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz or KR Den-O
Dreamy: Queen (Saki Kagami)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Model Kits

Post by wingform84 »

like zeronos_potato_form I have a terrible DVD of both this and the Hurricanger movie, and after watching this I definitely like it better, after all if you can UNDERSTAND it its all together better.. some of the subs on that DVD were beyond even trying to get :lol: Great work guys! and happy bday to TV-Nihon! Let's hope there's many many more
junkergt
7X
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: 01
Favorite Band: The Brillant Green
My boom: S.I.C

Post by junkergt »

^ its true for me as well, my dvd was subbed in chinese , and their subtitles were really off compared to yours even though they were considered " official release" by the company

thanks tv nihon for subbing this!
My Brute
Guns are used for Subtraction
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

In chat we were laughing about how this thread has devolved into people reminiscing about their bad Hong Kong DVDs XD

Guess that really shows how much things have changed since TN started fansubbing toku
Cheetah
The fastest animal
The fastest animal
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Cheetah »

The last hong kong sub I ever watched was and episode of Wolf's Rain. A guy I know, who's family collects pretty much all anime whether they care to watch it or not, let me borrow the dvd's so I could finish watching the series. Now for those who have watched the anime know the begining song Stray. The song is sung completely in english. The first words out of the singers mouth is, "Stray." The translation, "Wandering"...... They translated the song from english to chinese then back to english... orz Now for some unknown reason I actually sat through and watched the whole episode. The english was horrible and even with my sub-basic japanese was able to find countless errors in translation. But the best is at the end. The ending son is, "Gravity." Again an song sung in english. When the singer says gravity they translated it as, "Centrifugal force"...... I about died laughing. :lol: I returned the dvd's and from then on have refused to even watch hong kong dvd's. Luckely I never bought a hong kong before that. Buying only R1's and R2's have saved my life. Thank you Rescue Force. *salute*
ImageImage
Nostalgia Critic Parody - Angry Video Game Nerd Parody
http://www.capcam.org - http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=4937
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Hong Kong DVDs suck

Post by takenoko »

Cheetah wrote: They translated the song from english to chinese then back to english... orz
Lulz
Cheetah wrote:The ending son is, "Gravity." Again an song sung in english. When the singer says gravity they translated it as, "Centrifugal force"......
Wow man. That's not even close XD

>I returned the dvd's and from then on have refused to even watch hong kong dvd's.

That's good. Probably saved your brain from melting
Spectrum
Honey System
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555, Gekiranger
Dreamy: Ran from Gransazer
Favorite Actor?: Araki Hirofumi (Rio)
Favorite Band: Blind Guardian
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Rio from Gekiranger

Post by Spectrum »

Cheetah wrote:The last hong kong sub I ever watched was and episode of Wolf's Rain. A guy I know, who's family collects pretty much all anime whether they care to watch it or not, let me borrow the dvd's so I could finish watching the series. Now for those who have watched the anime know the begining song Stray. The song is sung completely in english. The first words out of the singers mouth is, "Stray." The translation, "Wandering"...... They translated the song from english to chinese then back to english... orz Now for some unknown reason I actually sat through and watched the whole episode. The english was horrible and even with my sub-basic japanese was able to find countless errors in translation. But the best is at the end. The ending son is, "Gravity." Again an song sung in english. When the singer says gravity they translated it as, "Centrifugal force"...... I about died laughing. :lol:
Hahaha. Star War: Backstroke of the West style. 8)

Man, Backstroke of the West rules.
- Spectrum

"Yasashiku, hageshiku, hitomi tojita nara... ai o sutete shishi to nare!"
("With tenderness, with violence, with closed eyes... cast away love and become a lion!")

- Rio
Chabii-
Mega
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

I miss this special! Great job to both fansubbing teams!

2005 special + 2008 subs = awesomeness. I was laughing when "HurricaneRed" came, cue OP, then... attacked them. I just love imposters.

And, I just noticed how the Burstosaurs talked the same way as the Engines, like gera, bura, etc. for the former and doru, on on, etc. for the latter.

May TV-N (and SkewedS) have more birthdays to come!
Hen... shin... TOH!
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

Thank you so much tv-nihon and happy birthday!! :lol:

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”