Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Space Squad Episode Zero: Girls in Trouble released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Space_Squa ... in_Trouble

Thought this was fine too. Good action. Was worried the repetition would get bad, but it was well paced.

Kind of feel bad since we skipped the Shaider and Sharivan movies, since these girls seem pretty fun. Give those actresses more work!

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that Maki was played by Tsukui Minami. It's a real who's who of toku actresses here. We even have Sanae Hitomi, who's like one of the most prolific female suit actresses (that I can think of at this moment)

Feels weird watching this second, but it kind of helps since you can see how everything links up.

4 / 5 lucky stars
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Space Squad Episode Zero: Girls in Trouble released

Post by PHurricane »

This was a good movie too, but parts of it felt like it indulged its snuff-film aspects a bit too much for me to be completely comfortable with. I really didn't need to see Jasmine and Umeko die so many times.

Tammy is an awesome character. I don't remember a lot of details from the Metal Hero movie trilogy, but I think the Shaider one may have been my favorite, so it was nice to see Tammy get a larger role. I could have sworn the villain of that trilogy looked like Birdy, so the fact that she was Doggie's old partner and running a training simulation with the various lady cops took me by surprise.

I thought that was Tsukui Minami, which immediately made me suspect the character as being a villain/plant. The poor woman's characters do not have a good track record for surviving.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

PHurricane wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:47 am I could have sworn the villain of that trilogy looked like Birdy, so the fact that she was Doggie's old partner and running a training simulation with the various lady cops took me by surprise.
It's good that I wasn't the only one who had that thought as well.

I did watch this second as well but it was weird that Umeko told Jasmine that she was getting married to Sen just days before the wedding. Umeko is absent-minded at times but seriously you don't tell your BFF that you're getting married in a couple of days.

I was glad that they didn't stick with the time loop for the whole thing. It's a nice addition to the Space Squad series for sure.

Also I would reconsider the Twin Cam Angels name along with the attack name.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well this was definitely a Koichi Sakamoto production. Legs, legs for days.:o (Not that I'm complaining)

It did take a bit of time for the story to take off, but once it did this was an enjoyable episode. The simulation caught me completely off-guard, though the fact that Jasmine and Umeko weren't on the final strike team was a pretty big red flag that it wasn't going to go as planned. And Laser Vision can be used as an attack?!

Meanwhile as Take already pointed out, we got a neat who's who of stunt actresses, including Tsukui Minami and Sanae Hitomi. And while she's not a stunt actress, Hara Mikie can still pull off some moves and rounds out that trio nicely.:)

Finally, after nearly 40 minutes into the movie, I was getting worried that we wouldn't get the titular song in this movie, but sure enough, Toei came through.:D
PHurricane wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:47 amI thought that was Tsukui Minami, which immediately made me suspect the character as being a villain/plant. The poor woman's characters do not have a good track record for surviving.
Now that you mention it, she really doesn't. They need to let her play an actual protagonist at some point, so that she gets a reasonable shot at living. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Tsukui Minami was supposed to be in Rebellions which I think got turned into Travellers (with Kinoshita Ayumi ironically). She was so young and happy go lucky at that point. I'd still love to see her grow her hair long and taking on a role where she can have a more bubbly personality.

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”