< DekaRanger | MagiRanger | Boukenger >
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

MagiRanger vs DekaRanger

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

I loved the Magiranger vs. Dekaranger special, it was cool seeing the Dekas again, with many of them sporting new hairstyles, although I wasn't crazy about DekaBreak's haircut, but Ban's longer hair was nice.

I also loved the interaction between the two teams, and I loved the bit where the Gothic Lolita girls dress up like Jasmine and Umeko and then like the two Magiranger girls (I don't know their names to be honest).

ANd I also loved how they were connected by the fact that Swan knew the Magirangers' mother, that was cool. I kinda preferred this team up special to the Dekaranger vs. Abaranger one.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Re: MagiRanger vs DekaRanger

Post by Lunchboxx »

The gothic lolitas are Nai & Mare.

But yes, a very good crossover if I do say so myself.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

It was a pretty good teamup. Boys crossdressing as women are always fun, and the way that they completely changed Ban's character from DekaRanger was neat.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Post by Lunchboxx »

What I liked most was Jasmine breaking the fourth wall. Which I think she did once or twice in DekaRanger if I remember correctly.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Personally, I didn't care much for this film. The Nai/Mare scene was inexplicable and served no purpose other than "Look, cute girls." and, the Wolzard vs. Dekamaster fight would've been cool if it had actually gone on for more than one sword strike.

I guess one of the plus' I can think of though is that Ban actually found the bottle of Ritalin that had been hiding in his dorm the whole time. >>
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander

Post by Lunchboxx »

Yeah Wolzard VS Deka Master should of been longer. They are both VERY good sword masters and would of made one hell of a fight scene.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Lunchboxx wrote:What I liked most was Jasmine breaking the fourth wall. Which I think she did once or twice in DekaRanger if I remember correctly.
I don't recall her breaking the fourth wall in the actual series. She did do the Abaranger ending song in the Abaranger crossover if you consider that breaking the fourth wall.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander

Post by Lunchboxx »

Could of swore in one episode, she glanced at the camera (the viewers) and said something. I dont remember what episode it was, but she and I think Ban were in the interrigation room. I dunno MAYBE she was not breaking the fourth wall and I just figured she did when she looked at the camera, or maybe she did.

I would check for myself, but I dont remember the episode, and I really dont wanna comb through 50 episodes over three torrent batches just to find that one scene. Besides my hard drive is nearly full with MagiRanger and Goseiger as it is. :P
zmanstardustdrgn
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Kriko

Post by zmanstardustdrgn »

Which Torrent name is it under and what batch... I dont remember seeing this in any of the Magiranger Batches
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The magi batches. Maybe you should check the tracker page before posting on the forums, since you seem to have a habit of doing that.

Return to “Mahou Sentai MagiRanger”