Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Mahou Sentai MagiRanger

Post by takenoko »

5, one of my favorite Sentai series. Great story, characters, fun themes of family. Great villains.

Magi pics on Tumblr
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ratings Poll: Mahou Sentai MagiRanger

Post by Catastrophe »

Excellent sentai. Not my absolute favourite, but definitely up there.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Gave it 4/5.

Though the overall plot was really, really good, the entire series felt kinda dragged to me.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Absolutely awesome. It's what got me back into sentai.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

The show was overall pretty entertaining. I enjoy the suit design and the mythical concept/motif behind the suits and Mecha. I enjoy the character and the chemistry that they have, which is probably one of the reason why I enjoy Ninninger more than lot of people right now.
Overall: 4.5/5

P.S. I already said my worst toku year which was 2008 on the Go-onger poll. My best ones is actually a tie between the year 2000 (Timeranger & Kuuga) and 2005 (Hibiki & Magiranger)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

This is one of the few sentai I've actually rewatched. It's really a fantastic series, and it's easily something they could have dropped the ball on, but it ended up being full of love and well, magic. The actors all work well together and balance each other out. There are distinct character traits among all of them, and while they are family, you can see they do have their fights. The villains were unique and interesting, the suits and mecha well designed.

My favorite sentai episode is still the body-swap between Houka and Kai. Usually whenever they do a body-swap, they have the actors dub over each other's dialogue, but the actors really got the other's idiosyncrasies and mannerisms down to a T so that it wasn't even necessary. Best joke ever - "Nothing, nothing, something!" "Something, something, nothing!"

Also, the Magiranger drinking game when you take a shot every time they say "courage" is fun to play!
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

I agree with Takenoko on this one. No doubt one of the best Super Sentai shows in the franchise. I like the idea of changing the commander-in-charge then replaced by 10 Hades/Infershia gods in which really huge. A warm and fuzzy feeling for the family theme. Magii Magi Magiiro! 5 out of 5. :D
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Easily one of the best out there. My only complainit would be that the Hades gods felt more like MOTW rather than the big final bosses. Outside of that it hit all the right notes with me. 5/5
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I considered giving this a 4, since while I did enjoy this sentai a lot, the last fight always sticks out in my head and leaves me wanting... But then I remembered just how much, joy I feel humming the theme song... Even if the song alone is good won't get me that happy, less it's a series I really love. So yea, being honest beyond myself, 5/5
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

No joke, I probably rewatched this season about 3-4 times because it's just so damn good.

5/5
Lunagel wrote:Also, the Magiranger drinking game when you take a shot every time they say "courage" is fun to play!
I have not considered this before.....I must do this.
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Evangeline »

Good ending like Toqger, in the end, 2 side in peace
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

My complaints are mostly subjective, but I never got into the Western magic theme, and the actors weren't able to give justice to their character's writing. Beside that, the writing was very very good (plot, characters, most episodes), so the series definitely is.

I'm glad I got over my reluctance and finally watched it (thanks for a praising Takenoko post...So thank you, Take, I would have skipped this one if it weren't for you).
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

I was pretty reluctant walking into this one, and some of the magic stuff in the beginning was a little off-putting, like a the trapeze act. This is one of the mos twell done sentai I've seen, and I might be praising it a bit much since I just finished, I'd say 5/5.
Also, it was great to see Hiroya Matsumoto's first sentai role. Tsubasa is a great character.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

My favourite sentai series ever, great story, great characters, great themes. Great integration of toys and all the designs. I wish the writer could come back, she was great, :D

Two small nitpicks i had, was Wolzard Fire being just a repaint, and Magimother, being named Magimother, and didn't get a proper Majin form. But the show easily outweighs my nitpicks :D

Return to “Mahou Sentai MagiRanger”