Favorite Actor?: Alain Delon
Favorite Band: AKB48
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Muggles
Quote: "Taking drugs to make music to take drugs to" Spacemen 3

Re: Complete Series Discussion

Post by Mogambo »

Just watched this series and loved it!

Maybe there were too many characters, but hey, at least they were cool.... i liked the cast, actually, i thought all the girls were cute and the dudes were mostly either cool or funny or a bit of both. Tenma wasa great main dude... he's like the "straightforward and slightly dumb" character from any number of things, but moreso! And that actor is a lot more macho than most modern tokusatsu stars. It's been awhile since the actor playing Kamen Rider looked like he could beat the pap outta someone *before* he henshined....

I had mixed feeling about the mecha (Dorcrus was my fave too!), i like DaiSazer's dino-form but having a whale for an arm et cetera was a bit too retarded looking for my taste. And a lion mecha? Isn't that... like, even more blatant plagarism than most toku commits? Plus i thought that some battles were done well and other were just badly staged so it looked like our heroes were winning (or losing) for no real reason. Dodging those slow-build lasers really *should* be easier....

The plot was overall good, in spite of some wobbly moments and the fact thatt hey nearly f'cked the ending in the ear with all that peace and communications stuff. Mainly, i really liked the fighting - plenty martial arts! It was almost like a Showa toku in the violence department, but with a Heisei-level plot and FX. In fact, the choreography was more intense and some of the wire setups and even straight-up grounded kicks were great, plus there was real fighting throughout rather than giant stuff every episode (a bonus for me, cause i just ain't as into giant heroism as non-giant).

And is it just me or did the mask of Tappei''s Sazer form (i forget the name) look suspiciously like Boba Fett......?

Looking forward to JustiRisers next....
Destroy All Rational Thought [William S. Burroughs]
gantonis
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Power Rangers
Dreamy: Sazer Velsu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by gantonis »

I have seen some episodes of Justirisers, but I didn't linke them much because of the different plot they have. Another "ancient" battle, other Cho sei shin e.t.c. I'll watch them after some years because recently, I started watching sentai and power rangers seaons and I don't want to watch both sentai/rangers and chou sei shin at the same period. Anyway, Gransazer was a very good season, I wish Saban will "adopt" it as a pr season.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

I'm curious about the ChouSeiShin series overall, and whether its worth checking out. any recommendations?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's definitely more kiddish than even sentai, but overall the action is pretty good and I honestly think Sazer X is one of the most entertaining series I've ever seen. Great villains, great heroes, the morphing gimmick is still fairly unique, and had some really good comedic moments that while for children, still had me laughing as an adult. It did drag at some points but overall it's a really excellent series that I'm sad doesn't get a lot of love.

Return to “ChouSeiShin GranSazer”