OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

New Garo Project?

Post by OOOKaiser »

★秋の特撮情報が満載!★
同じく放送直前となる雨宮慶太監督と井上敏樹さんによる完全新作『衝撃ゴウライガン!!』も    大ボリュームで掲載します。
『獣電戦隊キョウリュウジャー』最新情報、『牙狼<GARO>』新作の速報など、充実の内容です。

It seems that Uchuusen Magazine will have some news on a new Garo project on its October issue on sale next month!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: New Garo Project?

Post by Catastrophe »

Give Sakamoto the boot. Get rid of the CGI suits and ffs give it a bigger budget.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

What's wrong with Sakamoto? How do you even know which is his stuff, since he and Makoto are both getting directing credits for the same episodes XD
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Catastrophe wrote:Give Sakamoto the boot. Get rid of the CGI suits and ffs give it a bigger budget.
The only reason why it had a small budget because they had to split it between Tougen no Fue and Soukoku no Maryuui. It's actually not their fault.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote:What's wrong with Sakamoto? How do you even know which is his stuff, since he and Makoto are both getting directing credits for the same episodes XD
Because Sakamoto is a massive whore for out of suit shots, which is one of the contributing reasons why we have fuck all armour scenes. He was apparently the reason the suits where changed to CGI as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't know about that. I didn't even see his name pop up till the most recent episodes.

Besides, the Garo in-suit scenes are always the worst parts of Garo. I think that Garo having a time limit sort of reflects that. I think people always have an overly romanticized notion of how the original Garo series was. The best action scene in that series was the two guys actually kicking each other while jumping down the stairs. Worst was two animated guys falling down a building for a ridiculous amount of time.

Also the complaint "Give it a bigger budget" is strange to me. "Why can't people make money out of thin air? Come on, just make it happen. It's easy!"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

The fact of the matter is, the show is titled after the armour. The premise of the series is that the knights need the armour to go toe to toe with the strong horrors. Even your argument against he scenes being bad doesn't really make sense. Sure, the original had some strange CGI (like that scene in the very first episode before he kills the horror), but most of the work in the 2nd season was great.

I mean, as much as a hate the CGI suits, the episode where Sonshi trashes all three of the knights is cool. My favourite in the series. Yes the CGI is hammy, but I came to watch a show about guys putting on shiny metallic suits of armour themed after a wolf to cut down ugly eldritch abominations that eat humans.

Also, from what I have been told, Sansei makes quite a lot on the Garo pachinko machines. You'd think that they'd have some extra cash to invest into the series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Fair enough. I guess I'm a bit biased against the in-armor stuff since I thought it looked terrible in the Makai Senki.

I guess my argument is a bit contradictory. What I mean is that sometimes things are great because they're not overused. Like the first episode of Garo where he does that giant lunge and cuts the Horror in half. It just seems like there are too many in-armor scenes where it's just slashing ineffectual against the Horror until the big finishing move. If it's really as powerful as it's supposed to be, he should just cleave monsters in half when he has it on
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah, I can agree with you there.

I mean, I'll watch it anyway. I love GARO in general. I could understand maybe going for a smaller budget for the current series because of the change of cast and maybe wanting to play it safe.

To be honest, I'm still waiting for DAN gaiden.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's funny how people want more in-armor stuff but yet their favorite series are the ones where there was so few in-armor/suit stuff.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

You know, the problem with the real physical suits is they're huge and clumsy, the actors can't move as quickly as the action requires, and can you imagine how difficult it is to keep an entire suit of vac-metallized plastic armor shiny, unscratched, and dirt-free? And hell, just look at the Gold Wave thing in this current season, that would be prohibitive to do in real life with two suits of armor and using CGI to transition between them anyway.

I sometimes miss the real suits, and goddamn it I even liked Garo and Zero beating the hell out of one another down the side of a skyscraper, but the CGI ones are pretty much actually better in every way at this point.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR A NEW GARO PROJECT FOR ZERO. The spin off will consist of 6 episodes and will have a total of 30 minutes each. Just to clarify this is different from the first post I announced. Wataru Kuriyama (Ryuga's actor) is already on contract for a new project. A new GARO project will also be announced in October 1st, it might be something new for the Yami O Terasu Mono characters

http://garo-project.jp/ZERO/

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Director Kaneda Ryuu, Starring Fujita Ray. Looks good to me.

Hopefully this will be a more lighthearted Garo series to play off Rei's smartaleckyness. When Zero gets an episode in Kouga's storyline, they usually are the darker, more tragic kind that they can't give the main hero.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Amemiya said that the original cast was graduated with Makai Senki and Soukoku no maryu. I am so glad that he lied.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Garo... the gift that just keeps on giving! :) I am truly grateful.

Return to “Garo”