Garo and Parents

This is the story of a gold wolf furry and his adventure with all his friends
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Garo and Parents

Post by dat20091 »

I'm not sure if this was ever brought up before in a topic
but Garo kinda really don't like people's parents
I'll give all the examples I can think of below

Kouga - Taiga got killed by Barago, Mom died when he was young (from sickness I think)
Kaoru - Mom died from sickness, I think Dad died from sickness too
Rei/Zero - Adoptive dad died by Barago
Jabi - Priest Amon was kinda her Adoptive father, died
Barago - In the Kiba Gaiden, her mom got possessed by a horror and I think he killed him, and they also said his dad was a nameless Makai Knight that died.
Tsubasa and Rin - Rin mentioned that Tsubasa was the only person left to look out for her, so I'm guessing their parents died.
Rekka - Dad died from Karma I believe, No idea about mom.
Leo and Sigma - Their dad died, from old age I believe.
Ryuga - No idea who dad is, Mom was believe to have been dead, turned out to be alive, ended up killing her himself.

They just don't like parents o-o
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo and Parents

Post by Catastrophe »

Gives everyone a tragic back story.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

Catastrophe wrote:Gives everyone a tragic back story.
but that's literally all the Garo characters o-o
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's a pretty dark show
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lack of parental figures means the characters are left to guide themselves. Tragic death motivates them, for different reasons. Barago did not take the death of his mother well, and it contributed to his descent into darkness. Taiga being killed motivated Kouga to strive to be GARO. The death of the adopted family of Rei gave him his aloof attitude in the first season etc.
dat20091
Go Go!

Post by dat20091 »

Yea I know that the lack/lost of parenting figures make good character development and back story
Which is why Rin was so special to Tsubasa since they're the only ones in the family
Rekka's revenge on Karma
Sigma's thing due to not inherting the Makai Knight title
Ryuga's tenacity to become Garo

But There should be atleast 1 character that has a happy thing with their parents ; n ;
They're all just dead
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Gonza probably had a good home life. He seems pretty put-together.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Death and tragedy makes the characters improve. I mean take Kouga for example. He wouldn't have been Garo if he didn't see his father die in front of him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well it's a hero's rite of passage. The heroes die and the protagonist/antagonist goes out there and becomes the man or woman they're destined to be.

Besides, can't expect to have a very long life when your daily job is to put your life at risk.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm still calling bullshit on Barago punching clean through the armor.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Catastrophe wrote:Lack of parental figures means the characters are left to guide themselves. Tragic death motivates them, for different reasons. Barago did not take the death of his mother well, and it contributed to his descent into darkness. Taiga being killed motivated Kouga to strive to be GARO. The death of the adopted family of Rei gave him his aloof attitude in the first season etc.
It was okay when done once, but when you realise that just about every Makai priest and knight practically has no family, you end up wondering if there is some curse that causes them to lose their parents at a young age.
dat20091
Go Go!

Post by dat20091 »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm still calling bullshit on Barago punching clean through the armor.
Yea I'm kinda calling bull on that o-o
I mean it was still just a normal hand and the armor is suppose to be op as shiet
They should of had Barago's sword go through :/, cause then atleast it made sense as it's still soul metal

It was okay when done once, but when you realise that just about every Makai priest and knight practically has no family, you end up wondering if there is some curse that causes them to lose their parents at a young age.
Yea that's kinda my problem :/
It's like done with all the main characters
I forgot to list her but Rian's included with her dad dying at the ritual place
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Barago, as you know, is Ryuzaki-sensei who is human. When Barago (the knight) punched through Garo (Taiga) the arm/hand wasn't a regular human hand.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
dat20091
Go Go!

Post by dat20091 »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Barago, as you know, is Ryuzaki-sensei who is human. When Barago (the knight) punched through Garo (Taiga) the arm/hand wasn't a regular human hand.
Well it was still a hand that went through basically impenetrable armor o-o
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

A clawed, Makai Knight hand.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.

Return to “Garo”