Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Why not Garo?

Post by DevGryphon »

Yami wo Terasu Mono was my first foray into the Garo series. I thought it was kinda boring at first and that the CGI was jarring but I stuck with it. Now that the series is over for now, I'm going to watch the rest of the series and movies.
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
SilverFire
Adventure
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: MBI Juspion
Dreamy: Tammy from Shaider NG
Favorite Actor?: Keji Ohba
Favorite Band: Crush 40
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: People piloting giant robots
Quote: Now, count up your sins.

Post by SilverFire »

Its funny you posted this because I started watching Garo (first series) and I'm on episode 21. I like Garo, its not as. Flashy as SS or KR and it's sexual moments are extremely disturbing but it's got something going for it. Everything GARO related subbed by you guys and gals I plan to watch. I want to know why. Kouga and crew don't appear in In the One who Shines in the Darkness third show. I'm going through the series in order.
dARKmOOd
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Airi Nogami
Favorite Band: Pay Money to my Pain
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: If you don't like a rule follow it, reach the top and then change it!

Post by dARKmOOd »

Eversince i watched the very first episode of Garo it got me hooked instantly.. I've been recommending it to my friends to watch and got them hooked on to it as well. They've been wondering though how come they haven't heard of this series if it's this good and i have been asking myself the same question still
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

DevGryphon wrote:Yami wo Terasu Mono was my first foray into the Garo series. I thought it was kinda boring at first and that the CGI was jarring but I stuck with it. Now that the series is over for now, I'm going to watch the rest of the series and movies.
Same with me! Except I never thought it was boring. I just thought the CGI fights were stupid (after watching so much Sentai and Kamen Rider) but then I eventually got used to it as I kept watching. I just finished Yami wo Terasu Mono and now I'm starting the original GARO series.

I have one question though; did the movies all come out one after another once the series had ended? Or was it like Super Sentai / Kamen Rider where the movies have a placement and continuity. For example, should I finish the original GARO series first, and then watch the "Byakuya no Maju", "RED REQUIEM", and "Ankoku Kishi Gaiden" in that order? Or did some of those movies take place between certain episodes? The movies all look really awesome but I don't want to watch them at the wrong time or too early. Same question goes for MAKAISENKI and the "Togen no Fue" movie.

I'm still new to GARO and I'm absolutely lovin' it so far. I've been telling all my friends about it. It's way better than Super Sentai and Kamen Rider but I still love them too. Watching each episode of GARO is like watching a mini Jet-Li movie, lol.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Victormaru wrote:I have one question though; did the movies all come out one after another once the series had ended? Or was it like Super Sentai / Kamen Rider where the movies have a placement and continuity. For example, should I finish the original GARO series first, and then watch the "Byakuya no Maju", "RED REQUIEM", and "Ankoku Kishi Gaiden" in that order? Or did some of those movies take place between certain episodes? The movies all look really awesome but I don't want to watch them at the wrong time or too early. Same question goes for MAKAISENKI and the "Togen no Fue" movie.
Chronological order: Garo > Beast of the White Night > Red Requiem > Kiba > Garo Makai Senki > Soukoku no Maryuu > Tougen no Fue > Yami wo Terasu Mono
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Victormaru »

OOOKaiser wrote:Chronological order: Garo > Beast of the White Night > Red Requiem > Kiba > Garo Makai Senki > Soukoku no Maryuu > Tougen no Fue > Yami wo Terasu Mono
Okay, so all the movies do take place after the end of the series. Thanks for clarifying. Also, I'm wondering why no one has subbed the Sokoku no Maryu movie yet.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Soukoku no Maryuu is being worked on and just came out on Blu-Ray weeks ago.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Also remember that we have a rule against asking when stuff comes out. Thanks.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Victormaru »

Phoenix512 wrote:Soukoku no Maryuu is being worked on and just came out on Blu-Ray weeks ago.
Oh okay. I actually didn't know it was still that new. I was just wondering.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Victormaru wrote:I have one question though; did the movies all come out one after another once the series had ended? Or was it like Super Sentai / Kamen Rider where the movies have a placement and continuity. For example, should I finish the original GARO series first, and then watch the "Byakuya no Maju", "RED REQUIEM", and "Ankoku Kishi Gaiden" in that order? Or did some of those movies take place between certain episodes? The movies all look really awesome but I don't want to watch them at the wrong time or too early. Same question goes for MAKAISENKI and the "Togen no Fue" movie.
Chronological order: Garo > Beast of the White Night > Red Requiem > Kiba > Garo Makai Senki > Soukoku no Maryuu > Tougen no Fue > Yami wo Terasu Mono
Well, Kiba, chronologically speaking, should go after season 1, isn't it? Though I recommend to see it after Red Requiem, as you said.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

Well I just finished Yami no Terasu Mono in two sittings... Sorry it took me so long to take the jump. Currently the rest is dld as I type this.

Besides - since I don't know where to put that question, I might put it here. In episode 24 of Yami [...] it said end of chapter Volcitiy. So the story for Ryuga isn't complete and we get more Ryuga action? How do they achieve such things, because he is now FULL ON Garo with so much gold and light *slightyl confused*
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sequel bait
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Nah, I doubt we'll see more of Yami. Honestly, that's the way all the Garo series end. A lot of people were confused by the ending of the first series, since they didn't realize it was called the Arc of the Black Knight or whatever it was and thought it was the name of an upcoming sequel, myself included.

It just makes the story sound more epic when it sounds like a chapter in an ongoing legend, which is a big theme in Garo.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

takenoko wrote:Nah, I doubt we'll see more of Yami. Honestly, that's the way all the Garo series end. A lot of people were confused by the ending of the first series, since they didn't realize it was called the Arc of the Black Knight or whatever it was and thought it was the name of an upcoming sequel, myself included.

It just makes the story sound more epic when it sounds like a chapter in an ongoing legend, which is a big theme in Garo.
Well, they claimed another victim with me :D
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Victormaru »

Kobayashi wrote:Well I just finished Yami no Terasu Mono in two sittings... Sorry it took me so long to take the jump. Currently the rest is dld as I type this.

Besides - since I don't know where to put that question, I might put it here. In episode 24 of Yami [...] it said end of chapter Volcitiy. So the story for Ryuga isn't complete and we get more Ryuga action? How do they achieve such things, because he is now FULL ON Garo with so much gold and light *slightyl confused*
Damn, the entire Yami series in just two sittings?! That's amazing. Props to you. I wished I could finish any series that fast. I've told my friends, "I have a lot of Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and GARO series downloaded but I haven't really started any of them yet besides Gokaiger and GARO. I wished there was a Hyperbolic Time Chamber so I could just go in there and use up an entire year to watch every show, then come out and only one day had passed, LOL".

They could totally continue Ryuga's story with Rian if they really wanted to. I guess we'll see what happens with this new upcoming ZERO series. Maybe Ryuga will end up being in it as well.

Return to “Garo”