Why not Garo?

This is the story of a gold wolf furry and his adventure with all his friends
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Why not Garo?

Post by Dragonfan »

mantis wrote: 1 - The horrible editing. It felt like one scene would jump to another and not really lead into it or follow up with an explanation. And then there was the glaring mistake of showing Rivera's shoes while she was fighting. One minute she was in heels the next minute in shoes then back to heels. I get it as far as action goes heels are a hard thing but they couldn't edit out the shots of the shoes?

In this season it seemed that they didn't care if you noticed that they are stunts and not the real actor. The shoes shots are not the worst.

Spoiler
Do you remember when Takeru's face is set on fire in the finale? The stunts was so obvious that they almost do a extreme close-up.

mantis wrote:3 - What happened to the original canon? Okay, it wasn't just like the original series but what about the suit's time limit? What happened to the madou rings? They had Zaruba but why did the other knights not have them?
They say that the madou rings are something from the past, and now is a rare thing. Episode 2, I think.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

mantis wrote:I couldn't answer as to why people didn't watch or download it but I did stick with it. I loved the first series, liked the second one, and couldn't stand the third one. Of course if they come out with more Garo, and TV-Nihon continues to sub, I will still watch it as I am a fan. But my reasons for disliking the third season are as follows:

1 - The horrible editing.

2 - The horrendous CGI.

3 - What happened to the original canon?

4 - The writing.

I had a lot of hopes for the show but it really just fizzled. It started strong, grew weak, picked up but then fell flat. I do hope that should they continue the series they either bring back the original writers, directors, producers, etc… or really clean up the story and CG.
I just began to watch Garo last week. In fact I watch the first series but couldn't stand the CGI (lot of robotic moves...) and well, I don't know, didn't get it. I decided to get another chance with Yami since there was more characters from the beginning, well Junya Ikeda and some Quincy archer ^^ I'm currently at episode 6 (bad episode) and really enjoy the general atmosphere at the show. I think it will be a good entrance to the other shows ; I think I will watch them. Furthermore, it seems that a lots of spectators here think that the first show is better.

Advantage : show is shorter than a Kamen Rider or a Sentai show ; I always complain these shows build up too fast (until episode 30) then lack of rythm after. So I think the rythme should be very good :)

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
mantis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultraseven
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Gosei Blue
Favorite Actor?: Ito Hideaki
Favorite Band: None right now

Post by mantis »

Dragonfan wrote:
mantis wrote: 1 - The horrible editing. It felt like one scene would jump to another and not really lead into it or follow up with an explanation. And then there was the glaring mistake of showing Rivera's shoes while she was fighting. One minute she was in heels the next minute in shoes then back to heels. I get it as far as action goes heels are a hard thing but they couldn't edit out the shots of the shoes?

In this season it seemed that they didn't care if you noticed that they are stunts and not the real actor. The shoes shots are not the worst.

Spoiler
Do you remember when Takeru's face is set on fire in the finale? The stunts was so obvious that they almost do a extreme close-up.

mantis wrote:3 - What happened to the original canon? Okay, it wasn't just like the original series but what about the suit's time limit? What happened to the madou rings? They had Zaruba but why did the other knights not have them?
They say that the madou rings are something from the past, and now is a rare thing. Episode 2, I think.
Spoiler
I can almost excuse people burning as that is something very difficult to cover up but shoes...no excuse! It just really takes away from the action and becomes a game of spot the shoe.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Stop staring at peoples' feet you freaks!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Victormaru wrote:So I'm about half-way through the first season of GARO right now. Zaruba explains that once you transform into GARO, you only get a time limit of 99.9 seconds in that state before you lose the armor. Although the time limit rule was never explained or even shown in Yami no Terasu Mono, Ryuga and the other Makai Knights never really used the armor that long anyway. Unless you count their first encounter with Sonshi which pretty much took up half the episode.

Do you guys think the time limit is still there (invisible) and just not mentioned / explained because the Makai Knights don't really fight that long in their armored form anyway? Or do you think they've completely removed the time limit rule to be able to involve more CGI action. Then again, Season 3 does take place in the future so it might be possible that the Makai Knights have found a way to bypass the 99.9 time limit since then.
The time limit is explained. If they stay in the suit to long the darkness of the armor takes over the knight. Showed that at the end of season one.

Anyone find it cool that 99.9 is upside down for 666. The destroyer of evil or darkness.

Return to “Garo”