Dreamy: Tammy from Shaider NG
Favorite Actor?: Keji Ohba
Favorite Band: Crush 40
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: People piloting giant robots
Quote: Now, count up your sins.

Re: Why not Garo?

Post by SilverFire »

In one week I have finished watching GARO, (first series) the White Moon TV two parter, the Kaoru side story, the Kiba side story, Red Requiem, and Makai Senki. All in all I highly enjoyed GARO. It was exciting to watch Kouga grow from a hardened knight to a happy hero. I look forward to watching Makai Senki's Movie and side story. Than I'll jump into third series.

Am I the only one who feels that Idea would've made a great mecha for Underworld Knights? Sigma had a good idea in my personal opinion.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, Sigma was well-intentioned, but it didn't work for 2 reasons : Idea use humans as fuel, but using the "unnecessary humans" is a good way to reduce Inga, since those are mostly the one that became possessed by Horror.

And the second reason : he hated Makai Knights and wanted to kill them all. I think it's that last point that make him unable to finish it, since it was using the half of his time, had him revealed to the Makai World, and eventually kill him and destroy Idea. Without wanting to kill them all, they probably wouldn't notice until it was completed, and he wouldn't have to use too much of Ganon's power, and thus he/she/it wouldn't have been resurrected.
SilverFire
Adventure
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: MBI Juspion
Dreamy: Tammy from Shaider NG
Favorite Actor?: Keji Ohba
Favorite Band: Crush 40
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: People piloting giant robots
Quote: Now, count up your sins.

Post by SilverFire »

Mandalori wrote:Well, Sigma was well-intentioned, but it didn't work for 2 reasons : Idea use humans as fuel, but using the "unnecessary humans" is a good way to reduce Inga, since those are mostly the one that became possessed by Horror.

And the second reason : he hated Makai Knights and wanted to kill them all. I think it's that last point that make him unable to finish it, since it was using the half of his time, had him revealed to the Makai World, and eventually kill him and destroy Idea. Without wanting to kill them all, they probably wouldn't notice until it was completed, and he wouldn't have to use too much of Ganon's power, and thus he/she/it wouldn't have been resurrected.

I understand the notion that everyone deserves a chance but the evil Inga filled folks really are useless to society. And seeing as Kouga
Spoiler
killed Sigma, a evil Inga filled human
it kinda contradicts the idea of all humans need protection.
Spoiler
Yes, hes the kid from camp, and they made a promise, but still. Also how did he survive getting eaten by a Horror?!

If Sigma decided to keep Underworld Knights around they could've worked together like the Priests and Knights ultimately did. So Sigma had the right idea, just executed wrong.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

So I'm about half-way through the first season of GARO right now. Zaruba explains that once you transform into GARO, you only get a time limit of 99.9 seconds in that state before you lose the armor. Although the time limit rule was never explained or even shown in Yami no Terasu Mono, Ryuga and the other Makai Knights never really used the armor that long anyway. Unless you count their first encounter with Sonshi which pretty much took up half the episode.

Do you guys think the time limit is still there (invisible) and just not mentioned / explained because the Makai Knights don't really fight that long in their armored form anyway? Or do you think they've completely removed the time limit rule to be able to involve more CGI action. Then again, Season 3 does take place in the future so it might be possible that the Makai Knights have found a way to bypass the 99.9 time limit since then.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Victormaru wrote:So I'm about half-way through the first season of GARO right now. Zaruba explains that once you transform into GARO, you only get a time limit of 99.9 seconds in that state before you lose the armor. Although the time limit rule was never explained or even shown in Yami no Terasu Mono, Ryuga and the other Makai Knights never really used the armor that long anyway. Unless you count their first encounter with Sonshi which pretty much took up half the episode.

Do you guys think the time limit is still there (invisible) and just not mentioned / explained because the Makai Knights don't really fight that long in their armored form anyway? Or do you think they've completely removed the time limit rule to be able to involve more CGI action. Then again, Season 3 does take place in the future so it might be possible that the Makai Knights have found a way to bypass the 99.9 time limit since then.
They just don't mention it anymore. Plus the only futuristic thing I've seen in the Yami wo Terasu Mono universe is the huge hologram tv in the sky.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Victormaru »

OOOKaiser wrote:Plus the only futuristic thing I've seen in the Yami wo Terasu Mono universe is the huge hologram tv in the sky.
Yeah I know, lol. That's actually the only futuristic thing that's shown in the entire series. I wonder if they intentionally did that just to make it feel like it's futuristic. They could've added more technology-based things to show that but I guess they were slacking and couldn't think of anything else to add in.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

SG1 did have futuristic weapons. Which I thought were lame. I mean a staff that has an electrical charge. Really? That's the best they can do?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I still fail to see how close-range stun weapons are better than long-range kill weapons
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Victormaru »

Oh yeah, but that gun that shot out the force field (when Enhou first used it on Ryuga), that was pretty cool. Although I don't know what the original purpose of it was. Why would they invent such a gun. And apparently humans aren't supposed to survive after being hit by it or something? Or I think it's supposed to incapacitate its target but Ryuga surprisingly just got back up like it was nothing, lol.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Victormaru wrote:Or I think it's supposed to incapacitate its target but Ryuga surprisingly just got back up like it was nothing, lol.
Ryuga doesn't count, he's a super human.
shade_style
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by shade_style »

This is going to be very specific, hope I'm not asking in the wrong place. Is there a batch for the current series? Possibly in 720?
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Victormaru »

Not that I know of, unfortunately. I had to download each episode in 720p individually myself. The good thing is that there are only 25 episodes total. Now that I'm done with this series I kind of want to check out Kamen Rider Wizard now but there are 52 episodes total and that's going to take forever to download them all individually, lol.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
liong89
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by liong89 »

the 1st GARO series was very impressively me when watching it rather than KR a bit like kids ^^. after that i started like watch all GARO series, movies and latest season 2 Yami Wo Terasu. The magic architecture words and pattern really awesome, action horror slayer but in Rider costume :D
mantis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultraseven
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Gosei Blue
Favorite Actor?: Ito Hideaki
Favorite Band: None right now

Post by mantis »

I couldn't answer as to why people didn't watch or download it but I did stick with it. I loved the first series, liked the second one, and couldn't stand the third one. Of course if they come out with more Garo, and TV-Nihon continues to sub, I will still watch it as I am a fan. But my reasons for disliking the third season are as follows:

1 - The horrible editing. It felt like one scene would jump to another and not really lead into it or follow up with an explanation. And then there was the glaring mistake of showing Rivera's shoes while she was fighting. One minute she was in heels the next minute in shoes then back to heels. I get it as far as action goes heels are a hard thing but they couldn't edit out the shots of the shoes?

2 - The horrendous CGI. I get the CGI in the first season didn't have the budget but I would have expected much better than PS2 quality CG in 2013 and with a better budget. The last half of the show was very difficult to watch with the exception of the last two episodes where it looked like they saved up what money was left to put on a decent display.

3 - What happened to the original canon? Okay, it wasn't just like the original series but what about the suit's time limit? What happened to the madou rings? They had Zaruba but why did the other knights not have them?

4 - The writing. Could the guys have cried anymore? What was up with the support cast - Rian, Aguri, Takeru, and Burai? It just felt like they were there as eye candy, of the sorts, but in the end, what purpose did they serve? Takeru was just as annoying as Gai from Gokaiger. Aguri didn’t do very much and what he did do he didn’t accomplish much without relying on help. And what is the point of having an archer when the titular main character can throw the arrow without needing a bow? Rian and Burai…well, the jury is still out on that one. Also, see gripe number 3.

I had a lot of hopes for the show but it really just fizzled. It started strong, grew weak, picked up but then fell flat. I do hope that should they continue the series they either bring back the original writers, directors, producers, etc… or really clean up the story and CG.

Return to “Garo”