The Truth Behind Ryosei Konishi/Kouga Leaving The Series...?

This is the story of a gold wolf furry and his adventure with all his friends
Golden Knight
Dreamy: Rian
Quote: Long live GARO

The Truth Behind Ryosei Konishi/Kouga Leaving The Series...?

Post by Golden Knight »

Does anyone know the honest truth to why Ryosei Konishi/Kouga left the series? Was it the actor's decision? Or was it the creator's decision?

For the show to lose it most iconic legendary character Kouga it had to be a big serious decision.

From what I've seen and read everyone seems very uncertain on the topic.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: The Truth Behind Ryosei Konishi/Kouga Leaving The Series

Post by takenoko »

Pure speculation on my part, but my guess is that he's just too old, but Amemiya still wants to create more stories from the Garo world? I mean, it's not just Kouga, but all the characters attached to him. Makai Senki (And Tougen/Soukoku) was their big graduation party. And in a way, I kind of understand. The big story with Kouga was avenging his dad and winning Kaoru. Now that he has accomplished that, it'd be artificially lengthening the series to do more stories for him (which was kind of felt in Makai Senki in my opinion).

Meanwhile Amemiya rolls out "the next generation Garo" with Yami wo Terasu Mono and other spin offs. I imagine we wouldn't even be seeing Kouga's son if Yami had been a more popular series. But since it wasn't so hot, they decided to do something with Kouga's son instead. Again, just my guess here, but it seems to make sense to me.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Perhaps not wanting to be typecast as well? I don't know how much work he did between the first and second series, but I assume one would want to move out from the midnight adult toku slot eventually anyway.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Yeah I sincerly miss Kouga even though season three's characters are starting to grow on me a bit. However noone will ever replace Kouga or Kaoru. Or Zero for that matter.

If you think about it, it's not just Kouga that seemingly is not a main part of the series it's all the main characters of old. Which makes it seem like it could be a director or writer thing. They're all young enough to make many more seasons. That's the great thing about writing. You can always think of another story for the characters worthy enough to make another season for.

I just hope they really explain what truly happens to Kouga and why his sword and armor was retired if for some reason he never comes back. My instinct tells me that since they left things open with Kouga going back to Kaoru and not really explaining anything further that there is a possibility of them coming back.

I would love that because nothing can ever replace the epicness of season 1 and season 2. Kouga is just on a whole nother level as a Makai Knight and character and I just love Kaoru's innocence and character as well. Nothing like sincere, loyal, mature, and reliable characters. I'm very fond of that type of personality. They may be boring to some but someone with moral strength is much more entertaining and refreshing than some crazy off the wall happy go lucky personality to me because they will never let anyone down.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

I keep reading that Kouga "retired" his armor. That could either be an assumption on the sites part that is writing this stuff or that someone has an idea that he physically retired his armor to Raiga. I mean since Raiga has Kouga's jacket and his skills you would think Kouga had to have been around to teach him everything. I truly don't think he or Kaoru died. Just my hunch based on everything. They better not have.
Golden Knight

Post by Golden Knight »

Interesting tought, we'll just have to wait and see and hope they don't screw up Kouga' legacy.

In regards to Raiga's jacket, its slightly different than Kouga's.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by MissTokuLover »

a more extensive list of casts for the new season has been updated on the official site...and unfortunately neither Konishi's or Hijii Mika's names are on the list...which could indicate 2 things:

1. Neither Kouga or Kaoru will make an appearance in Makai no Hana...at least not their younger forms with the original actors

or

2. They will appear in Makai no Hana, but the producers want to keep that a secret for now.

I do hope it's the latter because I want to see Konishi & Mika back! Even for just guest or cameo appearances! And I hope even more so that they're not dead!
Golden Knight

Post by Golden Knight »

I'm still hoping for a true 3rd season with Kouga that takes place before and leads up to the events of season 4. There's still a gap missing in the series and Kouga's story is only one who can fill that gap.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Golden Knight wrote:I'm still hoping for a true 3rd season with Kouga that takes place before and leads up to the events of season 4. There's still a gap missing in the series and Kouga's story is only one who can fill that gap.
Maybe the anime will fill that gap.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Golden Knight wrote:I'm still hoping for a true 3rd season with Kouga that takes place before and leads up to the events of season 4. There's still a gap missing in the series and Kouga's story is only one who can fill that gap.
Yep, I truly think Keita is leaving it untouched for the chance to shoot at least one more season with them. He's smart since he's yet to touch or go near the ending of Soukoku no Maryuu. He wants everyone back for that. So honestly I hope they don't go to to deep about Kouga or Kaoru and their past comparing to season 4.

We just have to be patient and wait for either a explanation or a long awaited true season 3.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

Zaruba wrote: Yep, I truly think Keita is leaving it untouched for the chance to shoot at least one more season with them. He's smart since he's yet to touch or go near the ending of Soukoku no Maryuu
but wouldn't that seem weird? I mean, if he's really open for the chance of reuniting Kouga & Kaoru for another season as mains, why would he be so eager to create a new season based on their son? Wouldn't it be weird to have this latest season based on their son, and then plan on making another season afterwards that's based on Kouga again?

I don't think it's very likely that they'll make another full season that's focused on Kouga...I think at best they might make a movie that will fill the gap in the timeline between Soukoku no Maryuu and Makai no Hana.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Well its not far fetched for him to go back in the timeline since he's going back from Yami with this new season.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I think If Keita is going to do another season for Yami then you might expect him to do another season with Makai no Hana.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

OOOKaiser wrote:I think If Keita is going to do another season for Yami then you might expect him to do another season with Makai no Hana.
Keita didn't do even the first Yami, I doubt he is going to take care of the second one.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

Zaruba wrote:Well its not far fetched for him to go back in the timeline since he's going back from Yami with this new season.
the problem with that is he personally wasn't even involved in the production of YwTM and neither is he involved with the new YwTM movie. I remember someone here mentioned before that YwTM seemed like just a 'side job' that he gave his subordinates to do, and I sort of kind see that...so I'm not sure whether YwTM actually matters to Keita all that much...he doesn't seem like he's really that interested in it, even though he was the one who gave it the green light in the first place. So I don't think YwTM really counts towards what Keita himself wants, considering he is not involved in both YwTM projects.

Return to “Garo”