Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Favorite season?

Post by Zaruba »

Which season was your favorite?

Do you like the classic darker feeling Garo or the new season?

I personally love the first Garo. It has a classic feel to it. Nothing can replace the epicness of Kouga. I know Kaoru was stupid and without her many episodes wouldn't have happened but I don't know I love the drama between her and Kouga. He always had to save her ass and even though he pretended not to care he obviously really did.

I also like the darker feel to season 1. I liked season 2 almost as much but it wasn't as dark and I wasn't ecstatic with the main villain in this one either. Didn't really like his backstory to much. I loved most of the episodes but I hated the ending. Kouga leaving everyone. Good thing we find out later he comes back though.

Season 3 had a better plot and story line but I didn't like the characters as much. It was good but the human villain was stupid. Still don't understand why everyone listened to him and moved at every order for him. He turned out to be a stupid psycho coward. It was good though.

Season 1 to me was just better overall. Your thoughts?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Favorite season?

Post by Catastrophe »

2nd Season for me. The bigger scale battles where nice.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I'm surprised that you find Yami's plot better than Senki's plot. I mean, Senki's plot is very rich, with a lot of mithology, and the Sigma's subplot is really really well done. On the other hand, Yami is full of plotholes and inconsistences, to the point that I couldn't even take it seriously at a certain point.

Well, there are as many opinions as there are people.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Dragonfan wrote:I'm surprised that you find Yami's plot better than Senki's plot. I mean, Senki's plot is very rich, with a lot of mithology, and the Sigma's subplot is really really well done. On the other hand, Yami is full of plotholes and inconsistences, to the point that I couldn't even take it seriously at a certain point.

I guess I haven't really thought about it to much. I felt like season 3 was more fluid because every episode revolved around one plot or theme while season 1 kind of bounced around. However now that I really think about it more it wasn't that season 1 bounced around. They just had mini stories of horrors mixed in between the main plot that slowly uncovered itself. You're right though. What plot holes and inconsistencies are you talking about? Now that I've thought about it more season 1 is better.

Are they using Senki again for season 4?
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Zaruba wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:I'm surprised that you find Yami's plot better than Senki's plot. I mean, Senki's plot is very rich, with a lot of mithology, and the Sigma's subplot is really really well done. On the other hand, Yami is full of plotholes and inconsistences, to the point that I couldn't even take it seriously at a certain point.

I guess I haven't really thought about it to much. I felt like season 3 was more fluid because every episode revolved around one plot or theme while season 1 kind of bounced around. However now that I really think about it more it wasn't that season 1 bounced around. They just had mini stories of horrors mixed in between the main plot that slowly uncovered itself. You're right though. What plot holes and inconsistencies are you talking about? Now that I've thought about it more season 1 is better.

Are they using Senki again for season 4?
So much to number XD. You can look at my messages in the episodes topics, when sometimes we talked about them.

Season 4 main character is Kouga's son, so probably they are going to use the Makai senki continuity (though we don't really know if Yami is in that continuity or not).
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

for me it's still 'Makai Senki', but 'Yami wo Terasu Mono' comes very close second.

Personally, I thought YwTM's storyline was more interesting, but I still prefer Makai Senki's characters, so it's very close for me.

I haven't seen the first season so no comment on that.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

MissTokuLover wrote:for me it's still 'Makai Senki', but 'Yami wo Terasu Mono' comes very close second.

Personally, I thought YwTM's storyline was more interesting, but I still prefer Makai Senki's characters, so it's very close for me.

You should watch the season 1. It is as good as the second one, and Makai senki is way more enjoyable this way.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

^ I do plan on checking out the first season sometime in the future, right now I'm still busy with some Sentai and Kamen Rider seasons...I might watch the first season after I'm done with those.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

MissTokuLover wrote:for me it's still 'Makai Senki', but 'Yami wo Terasu Mono' comes very close second.

Oh man you're missing out! Go watch it now lol.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Ougon Kishi Garo is definitely my favorite.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

Zaruba wrote:
Oh man you're missing out! Go watch it now lol.
like I said before, I'll watch it after I'm done with some Sentai & KR seasons...
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

Ok I just finished season 1, and you're right it was very good I enjoyed it alot, but I still love Makai Senki and YwTM more.

I was surprised by how much Kaoru annoyed me in the beginning sometimes though...I don't know, before I had only watched Makai Senki and I love Kaoru in that season...but she was a little annoying in the beginning of the first season, mmm maybe it's because her character was still naive back then. She's certainly matured alot in Makai Senki.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

MissTokuLover wrote:Ok I just finished season 1, and you're right it was very good I enjoyed it alot, but I still love Makai Senki and YwTM more.

I was surprised by how much Kaoru annoyed me in the beginning sometimes though...I don't know, before I had only watched Makai Senki and I love Kaoru in that season...but she was a little annoying in the beginning of the first season, mmm maybe it's because her character was still naive back then. She's certainly matured alot in Makai Senki.
Yeah I know she is annoying and she was very naive. So much that she pretty much trusted everyone she came in contact with. I mean how many times does it take until you realize that everyone that looks at you in a creepy way just might be a horror lol. There was something about her character I loved though. The combination of her innocence and Kouga's wise protective nature that drew me in every episode. I missed that aspect in season two very much. Part of the reason I liked season one better actually.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

Actually, that wasn't really the reason I found Kaoru annoying in the beginning, I really didn't mind so much that she was so gullible back then, I mean, she's a regular human being who still knew virtually nothing about horrors and Makai knights and what not, especially in the beginning. So we cannot just expect her to assume whoever acted suspiciously around her was a horror, she was still a innocent and naive girl back then. The reason I found her a bit annoying in the beginning was mainly because of some of her actions that really pushed the wrong buttons for me...I don't know, some of her behaviors in the beginning just seemed a little...'bratty' to me for a lack of a better word...like the time she got evicted from her home and then just suddenly showed up at the Saejima mansion with all her belongings expecting Kouga to just let her move in without even asking for his permisson beforehand. To me, she acted like a brat then and it really annoyed me, there were other times when she annoyed me too. But like I said, it was probably because she was still naive back then...although her character did improve later on in the series.

I much prefer Kaoru in Makai Senki, because she really matured alot and became alot more understanding of Kouga's duties as a Makai knight, with that said, I also prefer Kaoru's relationship with Kouga in Makai Senki...in the first season, they were still in the 'getting to know each other' stage. Whereas in Makai Senki, they came to understand each other better and became a 'real' couple. The extent of Kouga & Kaoru's relationship in Makai Senki is 1 of the main reasons I still enjoy it more than the first season.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

That's cool. I understand your POV. She was annoying in the beginning. She had the character or motivation of trying to find someone rich, protective, and one that would allow her to live her dreams. She was the wild young naive girl who at times seemed to give off a self entitled attitude. I guess I'm a classis kind of guy and when something sets a precedence and I'm good with it, I don't deal with a major change with it to well.

Which is where season 2 comes in. Season 2 had a great vibe initially and I normally would like a stable relationship like the one they had but it seemed the distance between the two in this was huge. Almost as if Kouga purposely stayed away from her. I understand he was busier than ever and he tried to keep his unattachment to anyone in tact as a Makai knight but I missed the episodes where Kaoru was intimately involved in every episode. That was my only real complaint. Well that and the back story and motivation behind the main villain. The way he did things didn't add up to me. Don't get me wrong season 2 was right there with season 1 but I was expecting Kaoru and Kouga's relationship to grow, but it actually seemed to take steps back and at times seemed almost non existant. Other than that it was an awesome season.

Return to “Garo”