Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Favorite characters

Post by Zaruba »

What are your top 5 favorite characters? Give reasons why if you want.

1. Kouga. Utmost duty and loyalty to his responsibility as a Makai Knight and protector of humanity. He may seem cold on exterior but his heart is making sure he saves as many humans as possible. He has no time for anything else for he knows time wasted could mean another person's life taken by a horror. I've yet to see any character in any show make flawless judgements in any decision making. He however, is one that I've never had to say that. I've never said well I would have done this or that differently when fighting horrors or protecting humanity. Only thing I do question is the way he shows a cold shoulder to Kaoru at first. He could have been nicer in retrospect. Saying all that though he does love Kaoru, as well Gonza, and his parents. He has an ironclad sense of responsibility, duty, and loyalty to his priorites. These include his loved ones. All he will be supremely loyal to until the end.

2. Kaoru. Naive, and dreamer at first look, but beautiful and refreshing after a while. She lost both parents early just as Kouga did. Despite all this she is very aspiring, cheerful, and optimistic. I love the heart she wears on her sleeve. She is very sincere and loyal to Kouga and would do anything to be in his presence. Again it's her loyalty to Kouga and her aspirations that put her right behind Kouga.

3. Gonza. The most underrated character of the series in my opinion. He to me is as just as saintly as Kouga. When I say that I mean he serves his role to perfection of selflessness. He seems to have no ego whatsoever. His duty is to watch over Taiga's generations of family. His profound respect for Kouga and Taiga and just about everyone is uncanny. The respect that Kouga lacks in giving Kaoru seemingly sometimes is made up by Gonza. He is always there to make sure they both have food and a home to come too. He's never in a bad mood. My favorite episode of his was when he took over and guided Kouga as a second father to become the Golden Knight after Taiga died. He watched over him. One of my favorite scenes ever is when he puts Kouga's jacket on him after explaining the hell Kouga went through to get where he is now and the genuine respect Gonza showed for him that day and everyday. It's awe inspiring to me.

4. Rei. Rei is a weird character. Seems very cocky but at the same time this seems like a show to cover up a dark painful past that drives him. His ability to stay cheerful is what separates him from Kouga. He has a very rebellious way about him but still enjoys what he does. Despite all the troubles he goes through can still smile much more than Kouga. Love the rivalry him and Kouga had from the start.

5. Jabi. What an awesome female she is. Those legs are unmatched. She has a style like I've never seen before. She can be very kind and friendly in one scene and then very fierce, fiery, and cold the next. I'm glad they kept her in the series. That would have been a great loss otherwise.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Favorite characters

Post by MissTokuLover »

for me...

1. Kouga - I agree with everthing you said about him so there's no need for me to repeat you.

2. Jabi - I love her for her strength and fighting styles, perhaps the strongest Makai Priestess, she's strong and fierce fighter but also has a kind heart and would do anything to help a good friend. She also seems to have a sense of leadership, like the time she took leadership of the Makai priests during the final battle with Gannon in Makai Senki.

3. Kaoru - she was a little annoying in the beginning but I eventually came to love her as she began to mature, I particularly love her in Makai Senki. She grew into a mature and kind lady who cares about everyone around her.

4. Leo - What a great character he is, he's a very skilled & gifted Makai priest AND a knight at the same time! He's loyal and supportive of Kouga and has a kind and caring heart, and also cares about everyone around him.

5. Ryuga - Ok, I understand I'm in the minority of people who actually loves Ryuga, but personally I don't think he deserves all the hate he's been getting. Yes, all the knights in YwTM were amateurs compared to the professional knights in the previous 2 seasons, and Ryuga being an amateur knight compared to Kouga, didn't seem worthy of inheriting the Garo armor at first, and in the beginning he was also cocky (like the other 2 knights in YwTM) and got himself into trouble numerous times. I didn't particularly like him in the beginning either, but after seeing how hard he had trained for 10 years on that isolated island, and seeing him never giving up even after he went blind, made me respect him alot more. And it was from that point onwards that he became truly worthy of being the successor of Garo, even Zaruba, who was initially very critical of Ryuga, became impressed with his hard-working and never-giving-up spirit and eventually accepted him. And it's his hardworking and strong desire of never giving up that won me over in the end. I think Ryuga definitely changed alot towards the end of YwTM, he certainly matured alot. Ryuga is also a good person at heart and is empathetic.

I like Gonza too, although an ordinary human, he's a good character and I think both Kouga and his dad would not have achieved their goals in life if it weren't for Gonza's continuous support of them, there's no doubt he's a very important person to Kouga, besides Kaoru. Gonza would be 6th on my list.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

At first I didn't like Ryuga because he was a reminder of the loss of Kouga. I was so distraught when I found out kouga was not there. So it was more because my favorite character wasn't there and that he lacked the seriousness it required to be a knight. However, in the end after seeing his ten years of training I understood. Then I actually liked him when he went blind and still percervered. Jumping off buildings unknowingly just to get back his sword.

How could I forget Zaruba! What an epic idea he was! I would put him right under Kouga and right alongside Kaoru as my favorites.

That's awesome that Jabi is your second. I understand why. Love her!!!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

All bow down to glorious Tsubasa. The two times he showed up in season two were arguably the best scenes.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

Zaruba wrote:That's awesome that Jabi is your second. I understand why. Love her!!!
actually, it was abit difficult for me to choose between Jabi and Kaoru for #2, I love them both about the same amount...but in the end I chose Jabi as #2 because she never once annoyed me...Kaoru was irritating to me sometimes in the beginning of season 1, so...
Catastrophe wrote:All bow down to glorious Tsubasa. The two times he showed up in season two were arguably the best scenes.
I don't particularly like Tsubasa...not sure why, I know he's a strong fighter and a good knight, but sometimes he annoys me a bit...
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Catastrophe wrote:All bow down to glorious Tsubasa. The two times he showed up in season two were arguably the best scenes.
The scene at the final episode, when Gonza sees him jumping to the horror world is epic.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

You all stop speaking bad about our glourious knight saviour Tsubasa.

He attempts to stop Kouga from reviving Jabi because it is unnatural, which is a normal assumption.

A knight that is cursed to go mad beats up his subordinates, so despite his heavy set cursed seal he fights him.

Immediately after recovering from his cursed seal, he runs and dives into a pit of horrors to back up Kouga and company.

The guy rides a spear into battle General Tao style. That has to count for something.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

jeez we all have different opinions, no need to be butthurt just because there's some people who don't like Tsubasa.

I never said he was a bad character, I did say he's a good fighter and a strong knight, but there had been times when his character annoyed me a bit...you can't expect everyone to like Tsubasa the same way you do.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

I thought he was being sarcastic.

I like Tsubasa. I just don't like his black and white outlook. He has knee jerk reactions and doesn't have the same wisdom or compassion that Kouga has. I do admire his courage though. Always willing to die for the cause.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Zaruba wrote:I thought he was being sarcastic.
I was. Thank you for noticing. I spend far too much time on /m/ so it's become my usual posting style.

Return to “Garo”