Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Isn't it cool?

Post by Zaruba »

That in Makai Senki the episode when Kouga and his friends are kids in training to be Makai Knights. He picks up his friends beads for each friend lost and explains where they came from. I then go back to the very first episode and Kouga is wearing them.

I mean how cool is that? The director/creator had this planned from from the beginning. So awesome!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Isn't it cool?

Post by Catastrophe »

He's wearing them in the First Season as well isn't he?
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Zaruba wrote:That in Makai Senki the episode when Kouga and his friends are kids in training to be Makai Knights. He picks up his friends beads for each friend lost and explains where they came from. I then go back to the very first episode and Kouga is wearing them.

I mean how cool is that? The director/creator had this planned from from the beginning. So awesome!
I don't think so, but it is the kind of details that made Garo even better and rewatches more enjoyable.

For example, watching Soukoku no maryu...

Spoiler
... at the end, Zero challenges Kouga. You may say that a lot of time has passed since their fight and there is no reason to fight again. But, rewatching my favourite scenes from Makai Senki, at the end of episode 6 Zero states that he still wants to see who is the strongest.

P.D: I see that you like Dragon Ball too. You are now a brother for me XD.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Catastrophe wrote:He's wearing them in the First Season as well isn't he?
Yeah that's what I meant by very first episode. Very first episode of season one.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Dragonfan wrote:
Zaruba wrote:That in Makai Senki the episode when Kouga and his friends are kids in training to be Makai Knights. He picks up his friends beads for each friend lost and explains where they came from. I then go back to the very first episode and Kouga is wearing them.

I don't think so, but it is the kind of details that made Garo even better and rewatches more enjoyable.

Spoiler
... at the end, Zero challenges Kouga. You may say that a lot of time has passed since their fight and there is no reason to fight again. But, rewatching my favourite scenes from Makai Senki, at the end of episode 6 Zero states that he still wants to see who is the strongest.

So you don't think it's cool? lol

Yes I remember that fight at the end of the movie and that statement at the end of "The Sword" episode.

Also, yes I love dragonball. I debate/discuss about it on all sorts of different forums to this day. Was a fan back in the late 90s.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

To be honest, it was probably something that was done in retrospect. The other thing I like is at the end when the cut charm flys over Sigma, and hints that he was Purple (uses a brush, and if you go back and watch the monster attack scene, disappears in a petal storm before getting eaten).
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Catastrophe wrote:To be honest, it was probably something that was done in retrospect. The other thing I like is at the end when the cut charm flys over Sigma, and hints that he was Purple (uses a brush, and if you go back and watch the monster attack scene, disappears in a petal storm before getting eaten).
Well I like to think it was all thought out.

Really so you think that was purple huh? You think he used magic to escape him?
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

^I think seeing Sigma's reaction when he saw the cut charm flying passed him pretty much told us that he was purple..even before the charm was cut off, Kouga did say to him that for him to kill Sigma was to fulfill his promise he made to Sigma when they were training. Sigma was initially confused by what Kouga said...until he saw the charm and finally understood what he meant and that Kouga was white. Remember in ep 15 that focused on Kouga's past when he was still training, the 4 buddies promised each other that if ever any of them turned into a horror, the other will kill him...purple specifically told white to kill him if he ever turned into a horror. Although Sigma wasn't exactly a horror, but he became so vicious and evil, I think he was even worse than a horror. So that pretty much put him in the same league as a horror, or worse.

Also, Sigma did learn some magic when he was younger, he even had his own brush, which explains why he was able to use magic to escape. I also thought giving Sigma a twin brother was also clever...during the few episodes leading up to Sigma's identity being revealed, the writers had pretty much built up the suspicion that he was Leo, and even showed Sigma's face, fooling us into believing that it was Leo...only to reveal that in fact Sigma is Leo's evil twin brother.

1 thing I love about Garo is the clever writing, and it's 1 of the main reasons I love it more than Kamen Rider, and especially more than Super Sentai.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

I'll have to watch that sequence again. Man that seems really cool.

If purple really escaped why didn't he ever go back? I mean if he was Sigma he was trained by someone entirely different and wouldn't he try to reunite with Kouga and his teacher Wataru?

I've never tried any toku besides Garo. Everything else seems to power rangerish if you know what I mean. I like the style of Garo.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Zaruba wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:

Spoiler

So you don't think it's cool? lol

Yes I remember that fight at the end of the movie and that statement at the end of "The Sword" episode.

Also, yes I love dragonball. I debate/discuss about it on all sorts of different forums to this day. Was a fan back in the late 90s.
I think it's cool, but I don't think it was planned from the beginning XD. I mean, there were several years between seasons, they probably didn't of the concept of the season itself.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Watch the scene of the monster attack again and slow it down before Purple should have been eaten. You clearly see some magical petal stuff going on, implying that he used magic to get away.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Catastrophe wrote:Watch the scene of the monster attack again and slow it down before Purple should have been eaten. You clearly see some magical petal stuff going on, implying that he used magic to get away.
I watched this episode yesterday as I'm doing a marathon of all the seasons and movies so I just left off there again and I did notice something like that. I just thought it was bad CGI. I have to go back now.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

I went back and watched it. Purple definitely disappears before being eaten. He saved the other kid by pushing him out of the way. I looked back at both faces of Sigma and Purple as kids and its unmistakably the same boy. It's a forgone conclusion now that Sigma was Purple. Too awesome!!!

Return to “Garo”