Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

What I like and don't like about Garo series in general

Post by takenoko »

May have some spoilers for the first episode of the anime:

I like:

*Characters that are likable. That have good or complicated relationships. An arc is good, whether it's getting over the death of your father or learning to express yourself.
*I like cool action. It's okay if it's a bit experimental, they can't all be winners and I accept that.
*I like Amemiya designs for the monsters and suits.
*I like the heart that the series has. Where the series gets weak is when they forget that heart and just turn it into a mindless horror show or action show.
*I like JAM Project music for the most part.

I don't like:
*Stories that repeat themselves. Kouga had his issues with his dad. We don't need to see Ryuuga dealing with his mom or the anime guy being born from his dead mother. Hey. That's another thing they ripped off Berserk.
*When interesting characters are introduced, but don't do anything. Like Kain and the girl don't do anything in Zero. And Raiga was always doing everything in Makai no Hana.
*I don't like violence against women without it being meaningful. I mean, it's pretty tacky to just throw rape into a story unless it's going to count for something.
*For the most part, the nudity is done in service to something, but there are several scenes in Yami where it just feels like it's thrown in there. It's just distracting to me. Makai no Hana handled this issue pretty well by not using it except for a few times, and then it was significant to the plot.
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Re: What I like and don't like about Garo series in general

Post by jason3000 »

did they bother to explain why herman can hold that baby with bare hand without burn his flesh?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: What I like and don't like about Garo series in general

Post by takenoko »

A wizard did it.

Return to “Garo”