Garo in a Vanguard Card

This is the story of a gold wolf furry and his adventure with all his friends
Greenstalker
Mega

Garo in a Vanguard Card

Post by Greenstalker »

While checking one of trading card games wiki I stumbled upon this and thought it would be cool to share with you guys.

something interesting
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Something interesting

Post by takenoko »

Is that a tie-in thing? It looks too close to the actual thing to seem like parody. It'd be a straight ripoff otherwise.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

takenoko wrote:Is that a tie-in thing? It looks too close to the actual thing to seem like parody. It'd be a straight ripoff otherwise.
Yeah, poking around that wiki a bit, it looks the game has a number of tie-ins with other franchises.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I just glanced through the comments and the funniest thing was some dude saying that Season 3 of Garo didn't exist for him. :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I wonder what he considers season 3.
daburuwosagase
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Fourze
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "But they didn't know that this Majide is MADE OF DEKIRU and I will tsubusu you! I will tsubusu and TAOSU you!!"

Re: Garo in a Vanguard Card

Post by daburuwosagase »

Yup, Bushiroad (the makers of Vanguard) did a tie-in with Garo. I've seen a couple other examples of card tie-ins, like "Kerorodragon" in Battle Spirits (there's my plug for the week, don't forget to check it out), but the Garo ones do indeed stand out. There's also the "Golden Knight, Garo" card as well as "Demonic Knight, Zaruba", from which you can ride up to or support the linked "Blue Dragon Knight, Garo".

The effects aren't fantastic and Etranger isn't a clan that can stand alone. Despite that, they do have some value purely for being rare and Garo-related. Stateside, they would probably be worth a fair bit especially for not having an English release. But then again, there are people who want nothing to do with Japanese cards (case in point: the lack of translated flavor text on the wiki for JP-only cards. Excuse me as I omit a small rant about flavor translating). But with the new anime being done by Crunchyroll, it'd be cool if the Garo cards got English releases too.

Poking around the gratuitous naive comments: The dudes on the Vanguard wiki don't know crap about robots, doesn't surprise me that they're unfamiliar with tokusatsu too.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

There is also a fire leon card though i am not sure if it is from tomica hero rescue fire or gransazer it has been a while i watched either shows.
daburuwosagase
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Fourze
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "But they didn't know that this Majide is MADE OF DEKIRU and I will tsubusu you! I will tsubusu and TAOSU you!!"

Post by daburuwosagase »

Nah, Vanguard hasn't been around as long as either of those shows. Fire Leon was a tokusatsu show again done by Bushiroad that aired last year. Apparently it's pro-wrestling themed.

Return to “Garo”