TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Proper order of Garo

Post by TorchWood »

So, I'm confused. It wouldn't be the first time.... but it could also be an item for a sticky.... but does anyone have a proper chronological list of all the Garo releases, including spin-offs?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Proper order of Garo

Post by xiiliea »

Here: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Series

Though I would recommend watching it in this order: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Template:Garo (Original Generation to Makai no Hana, to Yami wo Terasu Mono) because Original Garo and Makai no Hana are a direct connection, while Yami wo Terasu Mono is set in an entirely different timeline/dimension.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Watching it in production order is probably your best bet.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

xiiliea wrote:Here: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Series

Though I would recommend watching it in this order: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Template:Garo (Original Generation to Makai no Hana, to Yami wo Terasu Mono) because Original Garo and Makai no Hana are a direct connection, while Yami wo Terasu Mono is set in an entirely different timeline/dimension.
From this link I would say that, from the three Garo mangas, two of them are just a retelling of the first season and Makai no hana respectively, but the third one, Garo The Bible, is about Taiga so it fits in the original continuity and it is not on its own.
xiiliea
Humongous

Post by xiiliea »

Dragonfan wrote:
xiiliea wrote:Here: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Series

From this link I would say that, from the three Garo mangas, two of them are just a retelling of the first season and Makai no hana respectively, but the third one, Garo The Bible, is about Taiga so it fits in the original continuity and it is not on its own.
Huh? I'm not talking about Mangas. I'm just saying that Yami wo Terasu Mono should be watched after original Garo series and Makai no Hana.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

xiiliea wrote:
Huh? I'm not talking about Mangas. I'm just saying that Yami wo Terasu Mono should be watched after original Garo series and Makai no Hana.

You posted that link saying that you recommend that order, and I just only pointed out that the only thing that seemed off to me from that link is that they put the mangas in another continuity, when The bible isn't.

That's all.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

xiiliea wrote:Huh? I'm not talking about Mangas. I'm just saying that Yami wo Terasu Mono should be watched after original Garo series and Makai no Hana.
But Yami wo Terasu Mono isn't before the Garo series since its clearly somewhere in the future... The floating tv screens should tell you that
xiiliea
Humongous

Post by xiiliea »

Yeh, I meant watch it (Yami wo Terasu Mono) after [[Garo and Garo Makai no Hana]].

omigod what is so hard to comprehend

You can ignore the mangas cuz I'm only referring to tv series.
But Yami wo Terasu Mono isn't before the Garo series since its clearly somewhere in the future... The floating tv screens should tell you that
And what? Floating tv screens in Yami wo Terasu Mono? Did you mix up UltraSeven X with it?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

No there were floating TV screens in the beginning of Yami but it was soon not there anymore. Yami is more like an alternate universe at this point than being in the future.
xiiliea
Humongous

Post by xiiliea »

Phoenix512 wrote:No there were floating TV screens in the beginning of Yami but it was soon not there anymore. Yami is more like an alternate universe at this point than being in the future.
Oh, sorry maybe I forgot then.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

It's like at the beginning of Gold Storm movie. We see that futuristic building with cubes moving around and stuff, but after that the movie's environment is perfectly normal like it is set in the present day.

Return to “Garo”