Red Crow and the Ghost Ship

This is the story of a gold wolf furry and his adventure with all his friends
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Red Crow and the Ghost Ship

Post by Dragonfan »

Hi.

First of all, I don't know if this is the correct subforum to post this, but I'm writing this here because is Amemiya related.

I like to watch movie series about different artists, watching all their work. For example, I did a Kurosawa series, a Jackie Chan series and recently I started a Hitchcock series.

Since I like Garo a lot and I thought his filmography would not be very extensive, I wanted to do an Amemiya series too. Out of curiosity I checked IMDB to see what he had directed, and I found a curious TV movie called "Red crow and the ghost ship".

There's almost no information, but what we have is really interesting. Apparently, Miayzaki worked designing the aforementioned Ghost Ship, and the Henson Company worked with the puppets. So yeah, we have Amemiya, Miyazaki and Henson working in the same movie, and it is nowhere to be found.

Do you guys have any kind of information about it? A place to watch the movie, or an online shop to buy the DVD (if there is a DVD, probably there isn't), even the name with japanese alphabet would be helpful.

Thank you.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Red Crow and the Ghost Ship

Post by Lunagel »

Well, you've found a movie so rare it's only available on VHS. I did find the jp wiki, but as you'll notice, Amemiya is not listed as director. Miyazaki and Henson workshop are involved though. IMDB is notoriously bad with foreign films, particularly older ones. Amemiya didn't direct anything in 1986, although he did direct a movie with the actor listed on that page... only it was Hakaider.

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%B5% ... A%E8%88%B9
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

That would explain why I checked every movie cited in the Amemiya's entry on JP Wikipedia and none of them was this movie.

Despite not being an Amemiya movie, I still want to see it XD.

Thanks a lot for the information.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Good luck, it's out of print. I did see a few vhs copies floating around on Yahoo Auctions but it'll be damned near impossible to find outside of Japan.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Finally someone uploaded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw12jgFzg5o

No subs, but at least is available now.

Return to “Garo”