2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

This is the story of a gold wolf furry and his adventure with all his friends
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: 2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

Post by Lunagel »

Maybe before Amazon that'd be the case but it's pretty easy to get international shipping these days. Yeah, it's expensive. Can't do anything about that except try and get some interest in the series in your home market.

No one's saying that you have to delete your copy, just that we can't distribute anymore.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: 2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

Post by OOOKaiser »

it also says they might consider releasing other series from Garo too. Dang. I understand that other people will finally see what a good show Garo is but I do enjoy my tv-nihon subs for garo :[
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Wow this was unexpected, nice to see Kraken branching out from Godzilla hope it works for them.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

HowlingSnail wrote:
Monkeyjb1988 wrote:I'm hoping for a Blu-ray release and that the TV movie is included but the fact a great series is even getting a US release. I'm buying as soon as it comes out.

To those saying TV Nihon should keep theirs up, why? Prices haven't been too bad (especially from Kraken) and subbers like TV Nihon popped up to make up for no US releases. When a US release comes, it makes perfect sense to pull the offending release. That one of my favorite parts about this fandom (you know how many Naruto fans fansubs I've heard about?) Besides, I've seen TV Nihon keep the small pieces that don't get imported so we won't lose everything. Just my thoughts. I'm hoping the release date holds off to at least finish the run but whenever works. I'm sure if the release is in January or February, we'd already have a date.
Because there are countries in the world other than the USA. And fansubbers taking their work down simply means that it becomes extremely difficult for those of use outside of America to get these shows, because neither the official sources nor the subbers think anyone outside America matters.
My bad. Too bad Kraken didn't get international rights. Sorry about that.
aresef
Go Go!

Post by aresef »

HowlingSnail wrote:
Monkeyjb1988 wrote:I'm hoping for a Blu-ray release and that the TV movie is included but the fact a great series is even getting a US release. I'm buying as soon as it comes out.

To those saying TV Nihon should keep theirs up, why? Prices haven't been too bad (especially from Kraken) and subbers like TV Nihon popped up to make up for no US releases. When a US release comes, it makes perfect sense to pull the offending release. That one of my favorite parts about this fandom (you know how many Naruto fans fansubs I've heard about?) Besides, I've seen TV Nihon keep the small pieces that don't get imported so we won't lose everything. Just my thoughts. I'm hoping the release date holds off to at least finish the run but whenever works. I'm sure if the release is in January or February, we'd already have a date.
Because there are countries in the world other than the USA. And fansubbers taking their work down simply means that it becomes extremely difficult for those of use outside of America to get these shows, because neither the official sources nor the subbers think anyone outside America matters.
They took down Zyuranger and Dairanger shortly after Shout Factory's releases were announced, and those are only in R1.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

You can get cheap international shipping if you look in the right places.

But again, they are still up as of now, so rather than complaining make sure you have your copies?
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

I think this fantastic news. Now if we can just get Kamen Rider State side.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
aresef
Go Go!

Post by aresef »

ViRGE wrote:So I may as well ask: is it any good? I'm wondering if I should grab it before it gets pulled.
It's fantastic. More than just, oh, Kamen Rider with boobies. It's great if you're a fan of horror.
rizeveedramon
Gao
Favorite series: Den-O/Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga/Magiranger
Dreamy: Ranru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by rizeveedramon »

HowlingSnail wrote:

This. I understand not wanting to host that stuff on your own servers. But taking them down entirely is entirely unnecessary. I don't even see how you can do that after putting so much hard work into these subs. Are they really so disposable to you? Are your non-American fans so disposable? I'm just perplexed.
aresef
Go Go!

Post by aresef »

rizeveedramon wrote:
HowlingSnail wrote:
This. I understand not wanting to host that stuff on your own servers. But taking them down entirely is entirely unnecessary. I don't even see how you can do that after putting so much hard work into these subs. Are they really so disposable to you? Are your non-American fans so disposable? I'm just perplexed.
While it's not something TVN runs into very often, it's basic fansub ethics, an unwritten agreement between fansubbers and American licensors (one that Japanese companies usually honor as well).

Even some of the shows on TVN right now live in a bit of a gray area, where Saban or Adness have technically licensed the shows, but the shows haven't yet been announced for release in their original form. That's why, in those cases, they wait on Shout! Factory to announce the particular seasons.
rizeveedramon
Gao
Favorite series: Den-O/Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga/Magiranger
Dreamy: Ranru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by rizeveedramon »

aresef wrote:
rizeveedramon wrote: This. I understand not wanting to host that stuff on your own servers. But taking them down entirely is entirely unnecessary. I don't even see how you can do that after putting so much hard work into these subs. Are they really so disposable to you? Are your non-American fans so disposable? I'm just perplexed.
While it's not something TVN runs into very often, it's basic fansub ethics, an unwritten agreement between fansubbers and American licensors (one that Japanese companies usually honor as well).

Even some of the shows on TVN right now live in a bit of a gray area, where Saban or Adness have technically licensed the shows, but the shows haven't yet been announced for release in their original form. That's why, in those cases, they wait on Shout! Factory to announce the particular seasons.
I understand that. But one of the inherent qualities of an unwritten agreement is that no one is obligated to follow it. Until there is a takedown notice, I see absolutely zero reason to stop producing subs. How is this even a question?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

rizeveedramon wrote: I understand that. But one of the inherent qualities of an unwritten agreement is that no one is obligated to follow it. Until there is a takedown notice, I see absolutely zero reason to stop producing subs. How is this even a question?
Partially just the ethics of the situation, it's disingenuous to continue releasing something where there's a licensed product available, but also, let's be frank here, to cover our own butts. Subtitling is basically illegal and we're trying to stay on the good side of the companies so they don't go after us in the first place. There is always a risk that one or all of us will be arrested/fined/thrown in jail. Please don't fault us for trying to keep our members safe.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

That's why I support shows getting taken down (although I do feel for the non US fans). Yeah, Toei, Tsuburaya, Kraken, whoever the Japanese owner of Garo, and especially Saban have reason to go after TV-Nihon and I'm sure this unspoken agreement is the only reason TV-Nihon hasn't been taken down and taken the OTHER series with it. Unless we're willing to pay their legal costs nothing let them cover their own butts.
aresef
Go Go!

Post by aresef »

rizeveedramon wrote:I understand that. But one of the inherent qualities of an unwritten agreement is that no one is obligated to follow it. Until there is a takedown notice, I see absolutely zero reason to stop producing subs. How is this even a question?
Because if Section23 comes at TVN, all of a sudden it opens the door for Tohokushinsha to come knocking, for Toei, for Saban, for Toho, for Tsuburaya. Heck, if even just one of those companies with clear interests in North America (Section23, Saban) lawyers up, that could spell the end of TVN. Even as Saban facilitates the release of Sentai in R1, however, they and Shout are looking the other way because TVN and other groups are observing the rules of the road.
DoctorZagreus
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened." — Douglas Adams

Post by DoctorZagreus »

i am sure if we all contact Kraken Releasing about wanting the ReMastered Blu Rey box set with enough of us they will listen to Fan Demand
the ReMastered May be why Kraken Releasing is taking it's time to announce more details

Return to “Garo”