2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

This is the story of a gold wolf furry and his adventure with all his friends
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Re: 2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

I'm hoping. I can't find an address, email or otherwise, to contact them but if I do, I'll try and post. The HD subs are such an improvement so I'm hoping they're waiting because they ARE releasing Blu-Rays but the Japanese company is making them wait to dissuade Japanese consumers from buying the US release.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: 2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

Post by Kurokage X »

when will they release this series, I want my official Garo merch already
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
aresef
Go Go!

Post by aresef »

Kurokage X wrote:when will they release this series, I want my official Garo merch already
All we know is it's sometime this year. It hasn't been solicited yet. And I doubt there will be any ancillary stuff like apparel or anything for a release like this. If anything, you'd expect that to be associated with Funimation's releases of the anime.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

Some updates:

If anyone didn't see, Season 1, Part 1 was released last month.

Season 2, Part 2 will be released December 12. Based on the back cover description and runtime, "Smile" is not included :(
https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/produc ... llection-2

Surprisingly, the next release will be the Kiba special on February 20. I can understand the reasoning behind this, it makes sense to release it as close to the series as possible. I really hope that Beast Of The White Night comes next though.
https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/produc ... ark-knight
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Same here about Beast.

Good news though; I heard some reviews and the Blu-rays match the video quality of TV-NIHON. I'm pleased :)
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

Kraken continues their run with the Red Requiem film, set to come out April 10th.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... lm/.125603
Aberration
7X

Post by Aberration »

That synopsis of the movie is... odd. It really implies that Rekka becomes a knight, which is going to make this movie REALLY disappointing to new viewers.

Also, this is evidently the first release getting an English dub. I wonder why they'd bother starting to do that now, four releases into the series. (I'm also curious if they'll go as far as to use Zaruba's Funimation VA for consistency.)
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Aberration wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:40 pm That synopsis of the movie is... odd. It really implies that Rekka becomes a knight, which is going to make this movie REALLY disappointing to new viewers.

Also, this is evidently the first release getting an English dub. I wonder why they'd bother starting to do that now, four releases into the series. (I'm also curious if they'll go as far as to use Zaruba's Funimation VA for consistency.)
Shows how well I read. I didn't know there'd be a dub. If I DO ever listen to it, it'll only out of curiosity or to watch with my Dad or brother in law, both who I think would like GARO if not for the fact most of it is subbed.

Speaking as to WHY it's the first dub, Kraken probably could only afford to dub this or the Japanese company provided it (if the latter, I wouldn't hold out hope for Funimation's Zaruba, if he'd be allowed to work on another company's dub in the first place).
Aberration
7X

Post by Aberration »

Monkeyjb1988 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:25 am
Aberration wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:40 pm That synopsis of the movie is... odd. It really implies that Rekka becomes a knight, which is going to make this movie REALLY disappointing to new viewers.

Shows how well I read. I didn't know there'd be a dub. If I DO ever listen to it, it'll only out of curiosity or to watch with my Dad or brother in law, both who I think would like GARO if not for the fact most of it is subbed.

Speaking as to WHY it's the first dub, Kraken probably could only afford to dub this or the Japanese company provided it (if the latter, I wouldn't hold out hope for Funimation's Zaruba, if he'd be allowed to work on another company's dub in the first place).
I'm not too invested in the Zaruba thing, I'd just be impressed if Kraken showed that extra bit of effort.

I completely spaced on this, but "Beast of the White Night" has to be the next release at this point, right? You can't really move forward with Kouga until that's out there.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Aberration wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:21 pm
Monkeyjb1988 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:25 am

I'm not too invested in the Zaruba thing, I'd just be impressed if Kraken showed that extra bit of effort.

I completely spaced on this, but "Beast of the White Night" has to be the next release at this point, right? You can't really move forward with Kouga until that's out there.
They might skip to Makai Senki (coincidentally, the next series I'm gonna watch in the morning after finishing Timeranger). I'm sure Beast of the White Night WILL come soon, but if Kraken decides to skip it, they have plenty of Garo to choose from.

Same here about Zaruba in the dub. I don't usually even listen to the dubs so I don't really care. It would be cool if that guy came back.

I temper that with the fact that I can't even find who played Zaruba in the Japanese version of the anime. Is it the same guy as in the live-action show? (Don't look at me weird that I can't hear the similarities. Look at me weird for having never watched it. Only saw the 1st series and Beast of the White Night, adding Makai Senki starting Monday).
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's Hironobu Kageyama aka lead singer of JAM Project who voices Zaruba in every Garo property.

Also anything that's live action dub is just horrible. Kraken should just stick with subs only.
Aberration
7X

Post by Aberration »

Skipping Beast for Makai Senki is a bad idea for two reasons:

1. Tsubasa/Dan wouldn't get a proper introduction. They MIGHT be able to get away with this, I don't remember the series directly referencing the events of the White Night much, if at all.

2. You wouldn't get an explanation of how Jabi is alive, which I think is far more important, and harder to ignore as a viewer.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Phoenix512 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:21 am It's Hironobu Kageyama aka lead singer of JAM Project who voices Zaruba in every Garo property.

Also anything that's live action dub is just horrible. Kraken should just stick with subs only.
Thank you. I figured it was him, I just wanted to confirm it. And yeah, not a fan of dubs, live action or otherwise.
Aberration wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:20 am Skipping Beast for Makai Senki is a bad idea for two reasons:

1. Tsubasa/Dan wouldn't get a proper introduction. They MIGHT be able to get away with this, I don't remember the series directly referencing the events of the White Night much, if at all.

2. You wouldn't get an explanation of how Jabi is alive, which I think is far more important, and harder to ignore as a viewer.
That is true on both counts. There's also this point...

It's a good movie :mrgreen:

I'm hoping Kraken doesn't skip it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Why are we thinking that they'll skip Makai Senki? Red Requiem came out before it, so it's still in chronological order.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

They are talking about skipping Beast of the White Night before doing Makai Senki.

Return to “Garo”