2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

This is the story of a gold wolf furry and his adventure with all his friends
aresef
Go Go!

2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

Post by aresef »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 6QxEdyl.01

Unclear if Beast of the White Night is included in this.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: 2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

Post by Catastrophe »

That's uh odd to say the least. I mean, anime at least has appeal of being anime, but this is so niche and old I figure anyone with any interest in seeing it would have already seen it.
aresef
Go Go!

Re: 2005 series licensed by Section23's Kraken Releasing, later installments to follow

Post by aresef »

Catastrophe wrote:That's uh odd to say the least. I mean, anime at least has appeal of being anime, but this is so niche and old I figure anyone with any interest in seeing it would have already seen it.
There's a Garo anime, which Section23's competitor has. Why not capitalize?

TFC's asking price must have declined substantially from when Tony Oliver tried to snag it c. 2007. He told me they wanted so much money that it just wouldn't have made sense without a TV deal, which in the US, simply was not forthcoming.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Except the crossover of anime fans and Japanese live action fans is super small. I have known quite a few people who watch anime all the time and don't have an interest with Japanese live action which includes live action versions of anime series.

I would also say that back in 2007 that Garo only had the original series and Beast of the White Knight which the future of the series wasn't there compared to now. Since there are multiple Garo series now that TFC probably can make money from licensing each series out cheaper compared to one big license.

As for our releases, until we get a more definite release date, they will still be on the tracker and continue to do the HD remastered broadcasts. We will give a notice when we will take down the releases.
Digifiend
Gabu

Garo licensed by Kraken

Post by Digifiend »

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Garo licensed by Kraken

Post by Phoenix512 »

Already have a topic about it.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=20361
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

y'know come to think of it, which version of season one will they do, the original or the remastered edition
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I imagine remastered.

Phoenix is correct about how rapidly it has expanded as a franchise. Who'd have thought that the Pachinko would have been that popular?

Regardless of when this gets pulled, still want to thank you guys for having done this and subsequent series and remasters/DVDs over the years. Definitely a top tier toku series for sure.
rizeveedramon
Gao
Favorite series: Den-O/Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga/Magiranger
Dreamy: Ranru
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by rizeveedramon »

Dude...please don't stop subbing the remasters. At LEAST complete the set before you take them all down. You and I both know that you won't receive any takedown notices for this. I've never seen Garo and have been collecting the remasters so I can watch when they're done. Don't leave us hanging, please. If you need to, upload them to Nyaa instead of TV-N servers.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

rizeveedramon wrote:Dude...please don't stop subbing the remasters. At LEAST complete the set before you take them all down. You and I both know that you won't receive any takedown notices for this. I've never seen Garo and have been collecting the remasters so I can watch when they're done. Don't leave us hanging, please. If you need to, upload them to Nyaa instead of TV-N servers.
Uhh, we totally could get takedown notices for that, what are you talking about? Also, it's really disingenuous to continue to release when there's a legit English sub that will be giving money back to the creators.

We'll continue subbing until we know the release date. If it's later 2017 then we'll definitely complete the remaster, but if it's like January or February then it's likely we may have to stop in the middle.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Just let me know when it's on Amazon so that I can pre-order it.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So I may as well ask: is it any good? I'm wondering if I should grab it before it gets pulled.
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

I'm seriously stoked about this now I can finally have a legit physical copy, I don't care if it's subbed only I'm dancin over here
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

I'm hoping for a Blu-ray release and that the TV movie is included but the fact a great series is even getting a US release. I'm buying as soon as it comes out.

To those saying TV Nihon should keep theirs up, why? Prices haven't been too bad (especially from Kraken) and subbers like TV Nihon popped up to make up for no US releases. When a US release comes, it makes perfect sense to pull the offending release. That one of my favorite parts about this fandom (you know how many Naruto fans fansubs I've heard about?) Besides, I've seen TV Nihon keep the small pieces that don't get imported so we won't lose everything. Just my thoughts. I'm hoping the release date holds off to at least finish the run but whenever works. I'm sure if the release is in January or February, we'd already have a date.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Monkeyjb1988 wrote:I'm hoping for a Blu-ray release and that the TV movie is included but the fact a great series is even getting a US release. I'm buying as soon as it comes out.

To those saying TV Nihon should keep theirs up, why? Prices haven't been too bad (especially from Kraken) and subbers like TV Nihon popped up to make up for no US releases. When a US release comes, it makes perfect sense to pull the offending release. That one of my favorite parts about this fandom (you know how many Naruto fans fansubs I've heard about?) Besides, I've seen TV Nihon keep the small pieces that don't get imported so we won't lose everything. Just my thoughts. I'm hoping the release date holds off to at least finish the run but whenever works. I'm sure if the release is in January or February, we'd already have a date.
Because there are countries in the world other than the USA. And fansubbers taking their work down simply means that it becomes extremely difficult for those of use outside of America to get these shows, because neither the official sources nor the subbers think anyone outside America matters.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Garo”