Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Kouga- terribly flawed hero?

Post by Raitaro »

do u think kouga is a very flawed hero i mean makai knights dont protect humans from other humans they just let criminals get away don't u think thats terribly corrupt? Im going to saying Kouga's not a hero of justice at all.
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kouga- terribly flawed hero?

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, what a dick
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Take has a point. I mean, he spends all day sealing gates and all night killing Horrors, alone, at the expense of his own life so we can sleep soundly without being violently ripped to pieces and eaten.

Yeah. A real dick.
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Raitaro »

Catastrophe wrote:Take has a point. I mean, he spends all day sealing gates and all night killing Horrors, alone, at the expense of his own life so we can sleep soundly without being violently ripped to pieces and eaten.

Yeah. A real dick.
ok he has herioc qualities about him but just being a asshole who fights all the time and shows no emotion makes him boring i mean zero is also a asshole but he has devolopment and emotion and he does things other than fighting horrors unlike kouga
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I fail to see how you say Kouga has no emotion and/or development. Did you miss that tiny part of the story about him and Kaoru?

The reason that he didn't help in that episode was (from memory), Zaruba said it went against Makai Knight law to interfere with human affairs. It was probably more a plot point so he didn't find the Horror that early in the episode.
Raitaro
Post Monkey

Post by Raitaro »

ok.well i have watched more episodes since then and i have cahnged my mind about him he has really devoloped and is one of the best toku heroes ive ever seen idk why i was calling him a flawed hero
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't really remember Zaruba saying it was the law, he just said it wasn't Makai Knights' job to meddle with human crimes. I guess it's more like, if humans cause human crimes within their society, it's up to them to carry out the policing and judgment. Kouga cutting the guy down would have been pretty tough to explain

The real thing that bothers me is that he lets the guy go instead of cutting up his car or dropping him off at a police station. I think that was bad writing since it goes against Kouga's character and what he probably actually would have done if not for the fact that they needed to have him discover the guy with the Horror later

Later in another episode, Kouga makes a similar decision to spare the life of a human who he has known to kill multiple other humans. If there is some law or restriction on the Makai Knights, this would explain all that, but I'm not sure there is

Kouga is a flawed hero in that he makes human mistakes and has to deal with the consequences of them (like dealing with Kaoru). In that sense, those flaws make him seem more human and vulnerable
Raitaro
Post Monkey

Post by Raitaro »

yeah just the part of letting the guy go pissed me off. i guess im not used to a toku hero this flawed and human since ive only watched kamen rider and super sentai up til now. i like kouga though he really devolops well as the series progresses
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty much every character in every form of media is flawed, Tokusatsu included (except Tendou). Its just that fact he goes from a serious badass to a more mellowed out badass is the point of confusion. He was determined from an early age to become a Horror Killing machine, and thus why he seemed like a jerk. In saying that though, he couldn't bring himself to kill Kaoru, even though he knew it was law, and despite the front for using her as bait, did try and look for a way to cure her from a fairly early point in the story.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

Raitaro wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Take has a point. I mean, he spends all day sealing gates and all night killing Horrors, alone, at the expense of his own life so we can sleep soundly without being violently ripped to pieces and eaten.

Yeah. A real dick.
ok he has herioc qualities about him but just being a asshole who fights all the time and shows no emotion makes him boring i mean zero is also a asshole but he has devolopment and emotion and he does things other than fighting horrors unlike kouga
I don't think Kouga is a dick, he tries to be detatched emotionally while performing his duty. Zero, while good at what he does, like Kouga, is also somewhat emotionally unstable, hot headed, and also somewhat arrogant.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Read between the lines. Neither myself nor Catastrophe are calling Kouga a dick. It's very much the opposite
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

kouga isn't an idealistic showa kamen rider... deal with it... :mrgreen:
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

We were being sarcastic. It comes to the point that the flaw in Kouga initially is that he does not get emotionally attached to people, for good reason (so they don't get involved in the Horror conflict). I think its due to Kaoru being really persistent and breaking him out of that shell.

Other than that, he is in my opinion, the epitome of a hero of justice. He goes out and hunts monsters that feed on humans just because its his job.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

takenoko wrote:Read between the lines. Neither myself nor Catastrophe are calling Kouga a dick. It's very much the opposite
I know... I'm agreeing with you guys. I was just posting what I thought for anyone who MIGHT think Kouga is a dick.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

Catastrophe wrote:We were being sarcastic. It comes to the point that the flaw in Kouga initially is that he does not get emotionally attached to people, for good reason (so they don't get involved in the Horror conflict). I think its due to Kaoru being really persistent and breaking him out of that shell.

Other than that, he is in my opinion, the epitome of a hero of justice. He goes out and hunts monsters that feed on humans just because its his job.
he shows dedication and loyalty to his duty, and by the time 'Beast of the WHite Night' comes out, is willing to risk his own life to save a friend.

he's a brilliant character, because his character development throughout the course of the series is brilliant.

Return to “Garo”