Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo flash game

Post by takenoko »

Does someone want to play those games and get the three passwords for me?
http://garo-project.jp/special/index.html
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo flash game

Post by Catastrophe »

Sounds like some fun, I'll give it a go after work today. Always up for anything GARO.
Draiken
Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Magic: The Gathering

Post by Draiken »

But takenoko, playing the games for the passwords yourself is part of the fun. :lol:

Maybe if I feel generous enough, I'll share my passwords since I've beaten all three, but for now, for anyone who's curious about the games, here's how they work:

) Mission/Game 1 (
+ You start with 5 lives. This is also the cap for the number of lives you may have at most.
+ Periodically, you will be given a question about the series and have to answer a question. Wrong answer makes you lose a life; right answer doesn't hurt you. Also, not answering the question before time runs out will make you lose a life.
+ You will go against 2 "mini-bosses" where you cannot progress until you answer the question correctly (or until you run out of lives. In that case, you just retry from the start). Passing the first mini-boss will give you one life back, and passing the second one gives you 2 lives back. The final boss is the final boss, so if you run out of lives, you're starting from the top again. If you win, you clear the game, and you get the first password.
+ NOTE: If you're like me and can't read difficult Japanese (or if you can't read any Japanese), this will be the hardest game of the three to finish because you'll be left guessing very frequently (and therefore lose lives quickly at certain points in the game).

) Mission/Game 2 (
+ It's memory matching cards. You have 2 sides of 9 cards each, and you must flip cards over and match them.
+ Each match deals "damage" to whatever adversary you are up against. Continue to match cards until the "boss" is defeated
+ Each time you flip cards over and don't get a match, you lose 1 life; these are pretty easy to get back as long as you continue to match cards correctly.
+ You have 3 "bosses" to defeat. The second and third ones, after losing a certain amount of health, will jumble the cards (the matches you already made will still be face-up though).

) Mission/Game 3 (
+ In order to play, you need the passwords earned from the first two missions.
+ Garo starts at 50 health; Kiba starts at 150
+ Waves of energy will approach Garo, so just press 1, 2, or 3 (keyboard will probably be easiest) to stop the attack. Each one that you miss will deal 1 damage to you.
+ After doing a 15-hit combo, Garo will send a wave of energy at Kiba that deals 5 damage.
+ After a 30-hit combo, you will be taken to a screen that will let you deal even more damage to Kiba. Just click the emblem as fast as you can; I think that for each section around the circle, the amount of damage you deal is 5x (so if you get to the 4th option, your attack will deal 20 damage)
+ If you hit 1, 2, or 3 too early or if you get hit, your combo is broken.
+ Periodically, Kiba will send a wave at you that you can't block, so keep your health as high as you can
+ After you go below 10 health, "item 1" will be used. This deals 20 damage to Kiba.
+ After you "die", "item 2" will be used which brings you back to 20 health
+ Just stay alive long enough to beat Kiba and get the final password. : P
+ TIP: For waves of attack that are really close together in a row, you can press the respective button between the two attacks to stop both. This won't happen until I think the first time you hit a 30-combo (at least from what I've noticed)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I felt kind of lame asking for it, but the page took forever to load so I just decided to pass it on to someone else

Return to “Garo”