Where is this "disabled_by_tracker" URL postfix coming from?

Ask all tech support and help questions for downloading here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
If you're using Peerblock, you'll need to add our IP to the exception list when torrenting.

We don't ban IPs, so if you're having trouble yet see other people downloading okay, it's probably on your end.
Kilibob
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Fibonacci
2nd Favorite Series: Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: (Tenpin) Bowling
Quote: "Does history record any case in which the majority was right?" -LL via RAH

Where is this "disabled_by_tracker" URL postfix coming from?

Post by Kilibob »

Apparently, all of my TVN torrents now have a tracker url of www.tvnihon.com.disabled_by_tracker:6969/announce. By which I mean that without editing or changing them in any fashion (of which I am aware) the entire "tracker group", whatever that might be, is now named accordingly.

Is this something I have done wrong, or is this, for example, a normal thing when the tracker is down, or normal if <???>?

Thanks in advance for what seems like a foolish question, but is nonetheless quite...erm...disabling, and frustrating to no end!

---UPDATE---

Seems to have resolved itself? Now it's just a "simple" 'ConnectException: connection refused: connect' and the URL seems much more normal/reasonable. Yeah, I'm still using Vuze. I'll keep this around for a day or so in hopes that a real expert can say "yep, this happens" or "you didn't provide nearly enough info to help" or "so why is this question still here" or "<insert massive mockage here>". Or said expert can just remove this, and next time I login and see it gone I'll know you saved me from wasting any more of anybody else's time.

I'm thinking I need to dive into the tech behind all of this a bit more, perhaps, to avoid future n00bish questions. Sigh.

-Kilibob
"No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to." -BB

"A zygote is a gamete's way of producing more gametes. This may be the purpose of the universe." -RAH
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Where is this "disabled_by_tracker" URL postfix coming f

Post by takenoko »

What torrents in particular are you trying to access? Just glancing at the tracker, it seems like people are using it okay.
Kilibob
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Fibonacci
2nd Favorite Series: Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: (Tenpin) Bowling
Quote: "Does history record any case in which the majority was right?" -LL via RAH

Post by Kilibob »

Downloading MegaRanger 32-36, Fourze 31-32DC (720p) pack, ZyuRanger 16-20, Wizard 10, MagiRanger Movie Live Greeting, GoBusters 36-38. Was seeding just about every TVN release, but now it's down to only Chou Den-O Ep Yellow 1080p, Chou Den-O Ep Blue 1080p & Ultraman Mebius Hikari Saga (the most recent 3 I had on my screen, so I could have something seeding as well as attempting to download).

The tracker group "reset" itself to www.tvnihon.com:2710/announce but I'm getting as a Tracker Status "Connection Error (ConnectException:Connection refused: connect). Stupid Vuze.

I did accidentally (from a prev. experiment w/I2P) still have proxying turned on, but I disabled that while I was checking Vuze's options to see if I could reset or manually edit any IP filters that might have been in place. No such luck on that effort, but at least I got the mis-proxying crud outta my runtime config now.

---

And while I was typing this, I clicked over to check on things and now the tracker URL is www.tvnihon.com:6969/announce and things are popping.

Very odd.

New plan, you think: don't muck w/options unnecessarily, don't panic, and spend some serious time seeding most of your output for others, to pay back the debt, so to speak, I owe you for such a phenomenal decade?

-K
"No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to." -BB

"A zygote is a gamete's way of producing more gametes. This may be the purpose of the universe." -RAH
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know anything you said, bro, but it all sounds very intellectual.

Anyway, http://www.tvnihon.com:6969/announce is the correct announce url that we use when creating the torrents.

Return to “Downloads & Site Help”