Seedbox Any one

Ask all tech support and help questions for downloading here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
If you're using Peerblock, you'll need to add our IP to the exception list when torrenting.

We don't ban IPs, so if you're having trouble yet see other people downloading okay, it's probably on your end.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Seedbox Any one

Post by lostinbrave »

Does any one use a seed box, I am thinking of using one for the subs here. I just want to know if any one has set up and any pointers they can give.

I have found a pretty good service for 30 bucks a month 1 tb storage 5 tb transfer. right now my full sub set doesn't take up a full terabyte and i think it will be a while till it does.

I was thinking of doing this since there are a lot of subs that have no seeders all the time and I would like to help everyone out. I would still keep my personal home one too so I could dual when needed. I might even be able to set up ddls from it too.

I still need to decide if I can afford it or not but I think I would like to do it. School starting in january getting married in the next year, really puts a drain on funds.

Tell me what you guys think and any pointers you have.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Seedbox Any one

Post by takenoko »

Never heard of it till just now. I don't know how useful that'd be since we use a lot of bandwidth, as our seeder info shows:

Most of this data is from the last couple of days

Although... it might be good for some of our older releases that don't get as much traffic as our new ones. If someone wanted to set something up for us, it'd always be appreciated.

How would it work? Would people just set up their own seedbox accounts and just choose torrents to have seeded? Maybe we can organize a thing so different people covered different genres or whatever.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

here is the link to the one I find most attractive: highest storage to price ratio i have found.
https://ultraseedbox.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

There are a lot of sites that offer hosting. the one i am looking at has a 5 tb cap monthly. it works out to about 160gb a day or so so there is good data coverage till the end of the month. But it just goes to a 10mbit after the cap so still pretty good. you can also up the bandwidth 12 for 2 more tb and on upto 150 for unlimited.

If others jumped on it would really pick up a lot of speeds for certain torrents. And make some old ones have them whatsoever.

I also found a place that has free ones too they are not the greatest but they are something:
http://pulsedmedia.com/free-seedbox.php
which is good if people just want to do new releases.

also:
https://bytesized-hosting.com/
good cheap plans but not quite as ratios as the one I am looking at but most plans are unlimited data transfer.
How would it work?
Good question still working on that.
Would people just set up their own seedbox accounts and just choose torrents to have seeded?
Yeah basicaly. depends on the hosting place you choose, but many have utorrent webgui fron ends you use. others like the one I am thinking of are a little more robust.
Maybe we can organize a thing so different people covered different genres or whatever.
Nice Idea. i am trying the free one out i mentioned to see how it works. though I am still waiting to be chosen for one of the random spots.

EDIT:I just did some number crunching and if you maxxed out the connection 100% of the time you would transfer about 8 TB of data a month for the plan I was looking at. That is really a lot of data. Back when I was on a fiber line I would only run about 5TB a month when I ran 24/7

EDIT2:Another pretty good one I found:
https://www.seed.st/ they don't allow public trackers though but might be able to get an acception put in.

EDIT3:I just found one of the best yet but it is geared to advanced users:
https://www.seedroots.com
15$ for the better services than the above one.
ImageImage
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm not sure if I have much to add beyond what lostinbrave has said, but yes, I use a seedbox. It's a BitTorrent client, some hard drive space, and a monthly transfer allocation; there's not a lot to all of it.

The only real concern here with TVN using a seedbox for older torrents is that you're basically becoming a de-facto direct download service (since no one else will be seeding the torrent with much bandwidth). Which is fine up to a point, but if a number of people suddenly hit up the archives it can mean they'll gobble down your transfer allocation quickly, especially if they're another seedbox. So it would require keeping an eye on things to make sure seeding those old torrents isn't using too much bandwidth.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

ViRGE wrote:The only real concern here with TVN using a seedbox for older torrents is that you're basically becoming a de-facto direct download service (since no one else will be seeding the torrent with much bandwidth). Which is fine up to a point, but if a number of people suddenly hit up the archives it can mean they'll gobble down your transfer allocation quickly, especially if they're another seedbox. So it would require keeping an eye on things to make sure seeding those old torrents isn't using too much bandwidth.
yeah I am more concerned about it just being available cause right now I have about a dozen I am trying to get that have no seeders. I am waiting till i get all the others done before posting though so I give them a fair chance. I am talking to the last one about pricing and making one with them.

I think If I can get a reasonable price for about 10tb transfer I think it would be okay. i could give out the entire collection 10 times a month plus a bit.

EDIT: I just realised this is on the front page. I never expected to get there.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I figured this is the kind of thing that would be better handled as a community. I don't think any one person should be responsible for keeping our collection seeded.
Luga
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Luga »

I'm using for a half of a year a server from kimsufi.co.uk .
It's a pure root server, where I have set up an sftp server and rtorrent.

http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml
Up to 5TB traffic per month you have 100Mbit/s guaranteed, after that it's shaped to 10Mbit/s.
magma_blaziken
Adventure

Post by magma_blaziken »

How bout any cheap 1 for other users out there?
I used a seedbox b4 for bout half a year (helped seed with Fourze abit).
I mainly use it to download torrents and than transfer over ftp to my own computer.
But download speeds from their server were abit slow but it was all I could afford.
Now I torrent it straight since I upgraded my internet speed abit.

BTW, I used KPHServices.com and have since never been able to find any other seedbox cheaper.
If u do find 1 cheaper and better let me know.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

For those who wanted to know about cheap I think 15 is cheap for a seed box. Shoot even the 28$ one is pretty cheap for what you get.
ImageImage
swb90
Go Go!

Post by swb90 »

I think having a seedbox is a reasonable idea, especially for seeds that die frequently.
Perhaps some sort of rotation could be put in place or something so that all the seeds for dead torrents get a fair chance to be seeded once in a while.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

Ok so I got a seedbox ordered and it si being set up. Does anyone have a set of all the files that will help with getting the low seeded ones up?
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, there's these pages XD http://tracker.tvnihon.com/noseeds.php
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

takenoko wrote:Well, there's these pages XD http://tracker.tvnihon.com/noseeds.php
I meant the data files. lol
I can provide someone with the acces to go through ftp to upload to them if people need it I am getting all the torrents up there now.
ImageImage
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

Well I have it up and running It has about 200 finished another 300 to go or so. some people are getting a good speed from it one person has been dling garo at 3MB/s.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's pretty cool. Let me know if you need anything. I'd be interested in knowing the stats at the end of the month too just to see how quickly the bandwidth is used up

Return to “Downloads & Site Help”