Alternative servers for DDL section

Ask all tech support and help questions for downloading here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
If you're using Peerblock, you'll need to add our IP to the exception list when torrenting.

We don't ban IPs, so if you're having trouble yet see other people downloading okay, it's probably on your end.
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Alternative servers for DDL section

Post by oddjob »

I’m doing some research on alternative servers for our DDL section. These are not to substitute MU or SS, but as an third option just in case neither are working

Minimum specifications for a file hosting service:
1 – Expiration(if file is inactive it will be deleted) – 90 days or more.
2 – Size limit – 500 MB or more.
3 – Easy to use – they have upload software and they don’t burden too much who is downloading (too much ads or low download speed).
4 – Unlimited storage (or at least huge) – so you don’t have to create a new account every time you reach its limit.

site(problem)[features]
Myupload (no upload software/ no link to remove the file)[1GB-registered/ No expiration/ Very good download page and good speed] test file
Good.net (alpha testing/10GB space)[1GB/ ftp upload/ Very good download speed] test file
Mediafire (100 MB)[forever-if you log in regularly / good DL speed / very good up speed] test file
2shared [no size/expiration limit / good DL speed / not bad DL page] test file
Deposit Files(30-day file expiry)[2GB files size limit for registered users / Unlimited storage / Supports DL managers](Stargazer)

I'm satisfied with what I got, so now I'm going to start my project to make available as much as possible, and as long as they are not licensed, TV-N releases.

Since one of the servers, MediaFire, has a file limit of 100MB I will have to split every file to upload it.

Why not simply not use MediaFire then? I want to use it because it is one of the most reliable services.

And one thing was bugging me: Should I upload the split or the whole file to the other servers?

I know that it is easier to just download 1 file instead of 3 or 4. But by having interchangeable links you can download from different servers at the same time and not be dependable of only one.

Besides those five servers I will upload as well to SS and MU. And just in case nobody uploads the complete file (rare case because someone always does) I will upload a complete file as well.

I will still update this thread with my experiences.

One last and very important thing: As I said before I'm doing this to keep these releases available as long as possible while they're not licensed. The moment the release gets licensed it will be removed ! And I'm not talking about my country, I'm talking about anywhere outside Japan.

Any suggestions/comments/critics are welcome!
Last edited by oddjob on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Alternative servers for DDL section

Post by XIII »

there is no time limit of MU, it will only delete them if the link is inactive for a long period of time
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
oddjob
Humongous

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

Azazel wrote:there is no time limit of MU, it will only delete them if the link is inactive for a long period of time
You are right, I changed it to "expiration" only.

Thanks.
oddjob
Humongous

Post by oddjob »

Updated info and added Test files for:
ADrive, Myupload, Good.net and MediaFire.

Removed:
UploadMachine - Good but changed file name.
in.solit - upload problems.
Mydatabus - payment required for basic account.
Nakido - heavy DL page - slow upload.
Drop.io - good but altered the file name.

Tested
filefactory - excellent up speed / terrible DL page / 30 days.
iFile.it - not bad / changed the file name.
Uploaded.to - terrible DL page / terrible DL speed.
StoreWith - bad DL speed.
Filebase - terrible DL page.
XZshare - good DL page but it changed the file name.

New services
2shared

And will test later GoAruna and MyBloop

Edit: removed the test file links
Last edited by oddjob on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

This is actually really nice to have. I can't tell you how many times I have uploaded something somewhere just to have the site disappear over night. One I used was called Uploadhut.com but it dissapeared for a while. It is now one of those sites that is a walking add.
ImageImage
oddjob
Humongous

Post by oddjob »

Thanks Lost!

If you have anything to add please say so!
oddjob
Humongous

Post by oddjob »

I was quite annoyed that some services that looked good were changing the file name and/or removing the brackets.

I tested again UploadMachine, Drop.io, iFile.it and XZShare. I tried using underscore instead of space in the file name to see if it would fix the problem but it didn't. Besides that they removed the brackets, making the CRC check a little more troublesome.

But I do recommend them for other uses, if you want to share other files that are not TVN releases.

I tested GoAruna and it looks good. It did not change the file or anything else. Still needs further testing.

I tried MyBloop but they said they were having some issues with the upload server or something, I'll try again later, even though I don't like the idea of the files being available for searching.

Edit: removed the test file links
Last edited by oddjob on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
oddjob
Humongous

Post by oddjob »

I tested GoAruna and it's not bad but I already have 5 good servers. I will keep that as a backup just in case one of them fails.

Now I'm going to start my project to make available as much as possible, and as long as they are not licensed, TV-N releases.

Since one of the servers, MediaFire, has a file limit of 100MB I will have to split every file to upload it.

Why not simply not use MediaFire then? I want to use it because it is one of the most reliable services.

And one thing was bugging me: Should I upload the split or the whole file to the other servers?

I know that it is easier to just download 1 file instead of 3 or 4. But by having interchangeable links you can download from different servers at the same time and not be dependable of only one.

Besides those five servers I will upload as well to SS and MU. And just in case nobody uploads the complete file (rare case because someone always does) I will upload a complete file as well.

I will still update this thread with my experiences. And any suggestions/comments/critics are welcome!

One last and very important thing: As I said before I'm doing this to keep these releases available as long as possible while they're not licensed. The moment the release gets licensed it will be removed ! And I'm not talking about my country, I'm talking about anywhere outside Japan.

Edit: Added link and info about HJSplit.
Djoe
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Agito, Kabuto, W
Dreamy: Akiyama Rina
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Djoe »

oddjob wrote: site(problem)[features]
ADrive [50GB space/ No size/ No expiration/ Good download speed] test file
Myupload (no upload software)[1GB-registered/ No expiration/ Very good download page and good speed] test file
Good.net (alpha testing/10GB space)[1GB/ ftp upload/ Very good download speed] test file
Mediafire (100 MB)[forever-if you log in regularly / good DL speed / very good up speed] test file
2shared [no size/expiration limit / good DL speed / not bad DL page] test file
From what i've experienced, mediafire definitely got the best download speed, but it have those 100 MB limitation :D

The second best download speed is good.net, i've tried to using it on DDL section, it support download manager and can be resumed.
Good.net provide both http uploading and ftp uploading
Download speed from file that uploaded via http is faster than file that uploaded via ftp
The upload speed via http is also faster than using ftp
Good.net provide 10 GB storage of ftp server, so if you're going to upload using http you must save the generated link to a text file just like i did
Example:
- HTTP generated link -
[T-N]Kamen_Rider_Ryuki_28[527A75A0]DVD.avi
http://good.net/_EV2m8uhWf
Private Management Link
http://good.net/_YXBDDrHcTS5AxP
- FTP link -
https://good.net/dl/rcdb7r/ (FTP folder, you can access this from your good.net board)
https://good.net/dl/rcdb7r/%5bT-N%5dKam ... %5dDVD.avi (link example)
using good.net quite inconvenient, but i think it will help user that can not download from MegaUpload or SendSpace

The rest, ADrive, Myupload, and 2shared, :( i just don't want to use it :lol:
Last edited by Djoe on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oddjob
Humongous

Post by oddjob »

Djoe wrote:The second best download speed is good.net, i've tried to using it on DDL section

I already tested some of them and the DL speed is awesome! Thanks for the help.

Djoe wrote:The rest, ADrive, Myupload, and 2shared, :( i just don't want to use it :lol:

Why is that? Is there a specific reason? Or you simply don't like them?
Djoe
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by Djoe »

oddjob wrote:
Djoe wrote:The rest, ADrive, Myupload, and 2shared, :( i just don't want to use it :lol:

Why is that? Is there a specific reason? Or you simply don't like them?
ADrive doesn't support my download manager (I'm using Flashget) not like the other 4.
Myupload and 2 shared are slower than MegaUpload and good.net, that's why i don't want to use them. :lol:
I think it's enough to use MU and good.net :)

By the way, file .tst that you use for test, is it "..." e-book? :lol:
Last edited by Djoe on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oddjob
Humongous

Post by oddjob »

Djoe wrote:By the way, file .tst that you use for test, is it "..." e-book?
Yes it is wait....o_O what? How?? :shock:

Could you please remove, for security reasons, the links to the test files on the quote in your previous post? Thank you! :D

And another thing, I replaced the test files! :P I dare you find what is that one now! :twisted: :lol:
^This is B.S. Sorry Djoe for all the trouble!
Last edited by oddjob on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Djoe
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by Djoe »

done :lol:
i just curious about something unclear :D
:? i'm still trying to figure it out :roll:

Finally i know what file it is. But i don't know how to open those kind of file. Is it .pcl file, HP Printer Control Language? :? :) :lol:
hmphhh....

It's alright :D :) :lol:
oddjob
Humongous

Post by oddjob »

Ok, I removed ADrive because they are making changes that are not good for sharing files:

Public File Expiration

Public files shared by our free users will expire 14 days after they were originally shared. You will be able to reshare these files, although the links will change. Once again, we are trying to improve service for our customers. This will be put into effect on February 28, 2009.

And I still haven't started uploading stuff. The computer that I use for uploading(long story) is not working properly, so it may take some time to start.
Stargazer
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by Stargazer »

Hi! Just want to add other alternative DDL sites.

File Dropper
http://www.filedropper.com

[5GB file size limit / No expiry / Unlimited storage] (Files are available for searching)

Deposit Files
http://depositfiles.com/en

[2GB files size limit for registered users / Unlimited storage / Supports DL managers] (30-day file expiry)

I'm currently testing their UL/DL speeds; will update you once I get finished w/ it. Their DL pages are not also not that heavy.

:)

I think something's wrong w/ File Dropper. I uploaded KR Decade Ep5 and I was able to get a DL link, but it's not working. Will try to check this. Anyway, here's the link I got: http://www.filedropper.com/t-nkamenride ... hdd30cdc9b
"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yes, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed." - Nyx Avatar

Return to “Downloads & Site Help”