I/O device Error?

Ask all tech support and help questions for downloading here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
If you're using Peerblock, you'll need to add our IP to the exception list when torrenting.

We don't ban IPs, so if you're having trouble yet see other people downloading okay, it's probably on your end.
The Purple Ranger
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

I/O device Error?

Post by The Purple Ranger »

In BitTorrent, Boukenger 19-37, stops downloading and says:

""The Request could not be preformed because of an I/O device error.""

I can 'force download' and it will download for a moment then gives me the error again. I have tried BitComet and Shareaza also. They both don't give an error, they just stop and put a X on the torrent.

What does this mean?

Thank you
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: I/O device Error?

Post by XIII »

changed to a more supported client like Vuze or uTorrent
Made sure port forwarding was set up
Made sure the firewall allows the program access to the web

more info would have been helpful, allows for a more speedy resolution
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Is your hard drive full?

Input/output error does kind of give a clue as to what's going on. Could be a firewall or an antivirus preventing the data from going through, a school firewall preventing your bittorrent client, etc
The Purple Ranger
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by The Purple Ranger »

more info would have been helpful...

Sorry, that is all I had.

Is your hard drive full? ...firewall or an antivirus preventing...

I have 11 G left on it. Just finished D/L 1-18 a couple days ago with no problems. Firewall is off and my antivirus has never bothered anything I'm doing. I have Avast 4.8.

I just downloaded uTorrent...(looks the same as BitTorrent :/ ), Clicked on 'Test if port is forwarded properly'.

"Error! Port 21543 does not appear to be open."

...... I checked my firewall and it was on... I keep it off but sometimes my Boyfriend uses my computer and I guess he turned it on. I have not had a problem with the firewall before.

It now says:

"OK! Port 21543 is open and accepting connections."

I restarted the torrent in BitTorrent and it gave me the I/O error again.

I started it in uTorrent and it gave me the same I/O error.

I D/L and install Vuze and started torrent in that and it says:

"Disk write error - Flush fails, write fails, The Request could not be preformed because of an I/O device error."

The port is 'open' now even tho I have had no problem with this before. Now 5 programs won't D/L it but I can still D/L other things.

Maybe it is that batch, or something is up with my computer and doesn't want that batch. Either way, I notuced it is available for DD/L. I will just pick them off one at a time, unless you guys have another idea ^_^

Thanks for the help and thanks more for the uploads ^_^

jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

I was just doing some random googling, and it definitely seems like it would be a hardware issue. A couple of things:

Are you downloading to an external drive? If so, try downloading to your internal one. If you are downloading to your internal, just try to download to another drive (either external, or another computer all together, I guess).

Do you have write permissions to where you're downloading the file? I imagine this isn't the problem since you've successfully downloaded other files, but it's worth a shot. Try moving what you have downloaded to a place where you know you have permission (like your desktop or documents folder or something), and pointing the torrent client to that. That may also solve the problem if it's a CRC issue (which I saw came up a couple of times in my searches).

The last thing I saw that could cause that error is if you have multiple torrent clients running at the same time on the same torrent. Check your processes to see if any more than one are running at once.

Other than that, it could be simply be a problem with your hard drive, but that would suck.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Other things that might prevent the program from writing to your harddrive is if the files are actively in use. That would prevent the program from writing on them

Since it's a batch, does your program have permission to create folders? Try saving in a new spot? I'm just kind of shooting in the dark, but hopefully it helps

(can you use a lighter shade of purple? your current font is hard to read)
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

My advice:
It is probably permissions of the folders not allowing you to write in them. Try downloading to a different area, most likely your My Documents will work.

If not then try emptying your trash, sometimes your trash has a ton of files in it that it says are gone but are really still there just hidden in the trash.
jonty wrote: The last thing I saw that could cause that error is if you have multiple torrent clients running at the same time on the same torrent. Check your processes to see if any more than one are running at once.
Come to think about it this fits most if not all of what you have described. But I don't think any one would be stupid enough to do this. :oops:
jonty wrote: Other than that, it could be simply be a problem with your hard drive, but that would suck.
This is not likely the case since the rest of the computer is still running
ImageImage

Return to “Downloads & Site Help”