Problems connecting to the tracker?

Ask all tech support and help questions for downloading here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
If you're using Peerblock, you'll need to add our IP to the exception list when torrenting.

We don't ban IPs, so if you're having trouble yet see other people downloading okay, it's probably on your end.
Hariken
Gao
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Favorite Actor?: Emmett J. Scanlan

Re: Problems connecting to the tracker?

Post by Hariken »

The bit that is baffling me is how every few weeks 1 random T-N torrent manages to connect and complete. :/

It doesn't appear that it's letting me seed those completed torrents however - but that could be because there are no peers left waiting, given that it took over a week to even connect.

It's all very odd as nothing had actually changed on my side. I would be able to download instantly and seed to at least 25.000 ratio. Then one day it just stopped working properly. :/

EDIT: All of a sudden just now all 7 torrents I had waiting have started moving. Download and upload. Did you change something server-side?

EDIT 2: Okay, so that tracker error message has returned to all 7 torrents now. 5 of them managed to complete when the tracker message said Announce OK, the other 2 are larger torrents and are still moving WITH that error message in place.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

Hariken wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:32 am My admin has finally got round to updating Deluge for me - and one of the bugfixes means I can now see a tracker error message in full (!). Now, randomly, a few torrents from the T-N tracker have managed to complete since my last post, but I still have 7 others sitting in my client at 0% waiting to connect. I can't understand why some manage to eventually connect and others don't.

Anyway, this is the error message I get from the tracker:
tvnihon.com: Error: Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later
I've had a quick Google for answers to what this message means but can only find vague "authoritative" and not "non-authoritative" discussion. The only sites with my exact query are dodgy ones that are trying to trick people into downloading a registry tool, or a Reddit thread that died before anyone answered it.

If anyone is familiar with that error and knows how I can fix it, I'm all ears!
from your router run

Code: Select all

ping tracker.tvnihon.com
It might be the DNS server that you are using is not the best. If you know how /have permissions to edit your resolve.conf then change your dns server to a known good one eg. 8.8.8.8(googles dns)
ImageImage
Hariken
Gao

Post by Hariken »

There isn't a router involved in the process. The server that the torrent daemon is running on has a direct connection. I did run a few traceroutes a couple of pages back and they all came back perfectly fine.

resolv.conf says I'm using something local plus OVH's own DNS servers.

Code: Select all

nameserver 192.168.2.1
nameserver 213.186.33.99
I'll see about adding 8.8.8.8 before the OVH one.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

Traceroute uses slightly different pathfinding. I would recommend just replacing both unless you know of a reason you need them. If something doesn't work it would be easy enough to revert.
ImageImage
Hariken
Gao

Post by Hariken »

Touch wood, but I think changing DNS might just have been the key. All T-N torrents now say Announce OK - and LuPat 48 even downloaded itself via the RSS plugin which hasn't pulled anything T-N in weeks. Fingers crossed that has fixed it for good - thanks so much for the suggestion!

Now, I wonder what the OVH DNS has against TV-Nihon? :D
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

Hariken wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:54 pm Now, I wonder what the OVH DNS has against TV-Nihon? :D
I don't know but I have an ovh server and had to switch mine as well.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

What's an OVH?
Hariken
Gao

Post by Hariken »

OVH provides dedicated servers and other equipment. They have 27 data centres across the globe.

Return to “Downloads & Site Help”