Problems connecting to the tracker?

Ask all tech support and help questions for downloading here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
If you're using Peerblock, you'll need to add our IP to the exception list when torrenting.

We don't ban IPs, so if you're having trouble yet see other people downloading okay, it's probably on your end.
ang3lsh1
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Re: Problems connecting to the tracker?

Post by ang3lsh1 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:10 am It looks like they all have seeds. Which torrent in particular were you trying?
I've been trying all the [T-N]Kamen_Rider_W_HD batches.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Did you try redownloading the torrent or switching torrent programs? I just tried connecting to the 1-12 HD batch and it seems like it's working okay.
ang3lsh1
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by ang3lsh1 »

takenoko wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:11 am Did you try redownloading the torrent or switching torrent programs? I just tried connecting to the 1-12 HD batch and it seems like it's working okay.
Tried qtorrent and it works! For some reason utorrent seems to have problems with finding peers. Thanks!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's weird. But at least we have an alt solution if other people get that. Thanks!
christopherjohn
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
My boom: Prop making

Post by christopherjohn »

I've been having problems connecting with the tracker just on Uchuu Sentai Kyuuranger. I'm downloading Patranger and have no issues with those. I'm using qbittorrent. Windstream for isp. I'm also using a Nordvpn.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Any particular torrent giving you trouble?
christopherjohn
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

It isn't a single one. Like I said Patranger will connect to the tracker fine. If I try to download Kyuuranger I have problems connecting to the tracker. Some episodes will connect fine and download while others will take hours to finally connect to the tracker. I'm wondering if it might be a vpn causing the issues. Yet Patranger downloads. They are the HD torrents.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It might just be inconsistently seeded. Can you name a specific torrent so I can test it myself?
christopherjohn
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

I had issues episode 7. As well as 21-25
Hariken
Gao
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Favorite Actor?: Emmett J. Scanlan

Post by Hariken »

Hi all. I did ask this in the IRC channel but I think it must have got lost in conversation.

Any of the 4 T-N torrents I've added to my seedbox since 24th December haven't been able to connect to the tracker. Deluge just gives me "Tracker Status: tvnihon.com: Error:" and they stay on 0%. All other torrents/trackers are working fine. I was wondering if anyone knew if there has been any changes in the last week that could have made this happen? I doubt it matters but the 4 torrents are Jinga 11 1080p, LuPat 45 1080p, Zi-O 15 720p and Zi-O 16 1080p. I've tried updating trackers for each torrent.

If anyone can think of anything that's wrong, I'm all ears.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, I don't see anything wrong with it from my seed box. I know some people had issues because of some dns issue, so some people on the Google DNS table weren't able to connect to our site from Asia. But I thought our system admin fixed that? Do you know where your seedbox is providing their service?

Edit: Hmmm, looks like the torrent is downloaded but it's not connecting to any peers. Let me bug the system admin about it.

Is anyone else having problems connecting?
Hariken
Gao

Post by Hariken »

My seedbox is based in France. I'm honestly not sure what DNS it uses.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:07 am Is anyone else having problems connecting?
I can't find any issues with any of the random LuPat torrents I've pulled. All of them are set to use http://www.tvnihon.com:6969/announce as they should. And I can't immediately see any connectivity issues to the host; Leaseweb hasn't been reporting any issues at their datacenters, nor are there any major European network issues (that I know of*).

With that said, I have noticed something: sometime in the past few weeks, someone started defaulting to Distributed Hash Table (DHT) turned on for TV-N torrents. DHT allows for decentralized tracking (that is, without a tracker), which generally improves the reliability of a torrent. And indeed, unless you're running a ratio-enforcing system (e.g. a private tracker), then there's little harm in having it on. However, for various reasons seedbox hosts like to have DHT disabled by default. So depending on how they're implementing that, it's not outside the realm of possibility that it's causing client problems if the clients aren't handling the lack of DHT capabilities gracefully.

Past that, we'd pretty much have to look at someone having an active connectivity problem to better diagnose it. There are a million little unlikely things that could be a factor (including automated network management blocking an IP address).

* Now there is an ongoing issue with CenturyLink in the US. However if that was the cause, it would have started on the 27th. Oh, and you'd know because you wouldn't be able to access any other website, either :p
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Hariken wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:01 am Hi all. I did ask this in the IRC channel but I think it must have got lost in conversation.

Any of the 4 T-N torrents I've added to my seedbox since 24th December haven't been able to connect to the tracker. Deluge just gives me "Tracker Status: tvnihon.com: Error:" and they stay on 0%. All other torrents/trackers are working fine. I was wondering if anyone knew if there has been any changes in the last week that could have made this happen? I doubt it matters but the 4 torrents are Jinga 11 1080p, LuPat 45 1080p, Zi-O 15 720p and Zi-O 16 1080p. I've tried updating trackers for each torrent.

If anyone can think of anything that's wrong, I'm all ears.
I did update the Zi-O 15 720p torrent because I forgot to put in the CM. I don't know if you were using the old torrent or the newer one from a couple days ago.
Hariken
Gao

Post by Hariken »

I did just write a paragraph with more information but as I clicked Submit was told the forum was upgrading and lost what I'd written - uh oh. I think it was saying I'd tried restarting the Deluge daemon and that I have always had DHT disabled anyway.

Re: Zi-O 15 720p, even if that was the problem I doubt the other 4 would be the same. :/ Although the weird thing is that specific torrent has now decided to complete 100% - even though the tracker is still saying Error. The other 3 remain the same. The plot thickens...

Return to “Downloads & Site Help”