Request for Vuze config assistance

Ask all tech support and help questions for downloading here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
If you're using Peerblock, you'll need to add our IP to the exception list when torrenting.

We don't ban IPs, so if you're having trouble yet see other people downloading okay, it's probably on your end.
Kilibob
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Fibonacci
2nd Favorite Series: Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: (Tenpin) Bowling
Quote: "Does history record any case in which the majority was right?" -LL via RAH

Request for Vuze config assistance

Post by Kilibob »

Here's what I'm after: on the tracker there are stats by user. I'd like to see my numbers change from zero. Actually they have changed, but I've done three or four different things and have no idea which was the right one, so I'm asking for help.

I think what I'm after is in the Plugins section, under Web Tracker, and I think what I need to do is tell Vuze to publish to your tracker, but I'm not certain of the proper value to put into the tracker URL field.

I've tried "www.tvnihon.com:6969", "www.tvnihon.com:6969/announce" and "http://www.tvnihon.com:6969".

At least one of those worked, but I don't know which one.

Can somebody help me with this? Or let me know that I totally don't understand how to get my user stats on the tracker properly synched up with my d/l activity (and set me down a proper path)?

Thanks in advance!

-kb

============

Anybody reading this should note that the correct answer is/was "totally don't understand", that Q's answer was both comprehensive and succinct and that I quite appreciate not being mocked and/or laughed at (at least not where I saw it :wink: ) for my raw n00b bleating.

Thank you Quatrerwin, for the patient and timely assistance and response!
Last edited by Kilibob on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to." -BB

"A zygote is a gamete's way of producing more gametes. This may be the purpose of the universe." -RAH
Quatrerwin
[insert witty title here]
Favorite series: Zeta Gundam
2nd Favorite Series: Gundam 0079
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "You're dead, this is the afterlife -- and I'm God" - Q

Re: Request for Vuze config assistance

Post by Quatrerwin »

the proper announce url for users is:
http://www.tvnihon.com:6969/{passkey}/announce
Kilibob
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Fibonacci
2nd Favorite Series: Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: (Tenpin) Bowling
Quote: "Does history record any case in which the majority was right?" -LL via RAH

Post by Kilibob »

None of the Vuze options I was targeting were related to what I was trying to do, as it happens.

To greatly expand: Torrents downloaded from the tracker while signed in will have an announce URL in the form Quatrerwin noted, with the proper user-specific passkey. That passkey portion of the URL is what allows the tracker to keep user-related statistics. To get to where I wanted to be - modifying all of my TV-N torrents which had originated from public access/sources - I had to refresh them while logged in (re-download the torrent file, basically) or manually edit the tracker info in each to contain the proper announce URL.

Thus ends my restatement of Quatrerwin's much more succinct response, aka "tracker usage 101" (if one assumes the 100 level to be "how to register, sign in, and navigate the tracker").

Thank you very much Q: you set my brain down the correct path(s) and the consequent research greatly expanded not only my knowledge of the underlying technologies in play but also their interactions and management of the same. Very much obliged am I! :D :D :D
"No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to." -BB

"A zygote is a gamete's way of producing more gametes. This may be the purpose of the universe." -RAH
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

vuze doesnt always register properly with the tracker, its hit and miss at times,
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Return to “Downloads & Site Help”