Someone teach me how to set up a filter for RSS auto torrent

Ask all tech support and help questions for downloading here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
If you're using Peerblock, you'll need to add our IP to the exception list when torrenting.

We don't ban IPs, so if you're having trouble yet see other people downloading okay, it's probably on your end.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Someone teach me how to set up a filter for RSS auto torrent

Post by takenoko »

The program I use is utorrent. We're thinking about adding a keyword "Batch", but we're not sure where to add it so that it works with the filters
LobsterHime
7X

Re: Someone teach me how to set up a filter for RSS auto tor

Post by LobsterHime »

http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/rss

1) If you don't already see a list box on the far left side of your utorrent window click: Options -> Show Category List (or press F7) you'll need it to browse the rss feed later.

2) Next click: File -> Add RSS Feed... (or click the orange rss button)

3.a) Copy the feed you want to automatically download from the tracker rss page: http://tvnihon.com/tracker/rssinfo.php
for example if you want to automatically get all kamen rider episodes you can use http://www.tvnihon.com/tracker/rss-download.php?cat=17

3.b) Paste that into the 'Feed URL' field. you can either select 'Automatically download [etc]' to start downloading when you click OK or 'Do not automatically all items' to set up your filters first. Then click OK.

4) Right click the new RSS feed in the category list and select 'RSS Downloader.' You can now set your download filter.

5) I'll leave it to you to read the explanation of filters in the guide I linked at the beginning of this post. Some filter examples are:
Ex A. if you want all Precure releases: *Precure*
Ex B. if you want only SD versions of all Kamen Rider releases: *Kamen Rider*SD*
Ex C. if you want only HD versions of Kamen Rider W and Goseiger: *Kamen Rider W*HD*|*Goseiger*HD*

6) If you want to not download something (like batches) put the keywords using the same format as filters in the Not field:
Ex A. if you don't want the experimental HeartCatch 1 release: *H264*
Ex B. if you don't want Den-O or Kiva: *Den-O*|*Kiva*
Ex C. if you don't want batches (will only work once new batches with the word "Batch" are added): *Batch*

7) When you're happy with your Filters and NotFilters, click the Add button below the tall list box on the left of the RSS Downloader windo and give your new settings a name. Then click close and wait for the RSS feed to update (or right click the feed and select 'Update feed')

you should probably read the official guide thoroughly if you have other questions. this should be a working quick 'n' dirty guide, but i don't actually use RSS feeds normally. i tested it out with the filters suggested in Ex A just now and it worked. maybe someone who does use RSS regularly can provide further support.

Return to “Downloads & Site Help”