JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Gaiking now on Crunchyroll

Post by JumperPrime »

I regularly visit crunchyroll.com for several of their simulcasts and recently noticed that they have begun showing a sub of the entire series of Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu. I watched their version of the first episode and it was passable, though obviously inferior to the TV-Nihon sub, I don't have the patience to do a properly detailed comparison, but the fact that the lazy bozos who did the official sub couldn't be bothered to make subtitles for the OP and ED ticked me off a little. Considering TV-N recently took down Transformers Victory and Transformers Masterforce due to them being licensed, I figured I'd put this info out in case the TV-Nihon staff weren't aware that Gaiking had apparently been licensed.

BTW, it's always baffled me as to why professional subtitle releases are always inferior to fansubs. You'd think with all that money they expect to make, the big companies would put in all the bells & whistles guys like TV-N do and more, yet instead the professionals tend to do a mediocre job at best.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Gaiking now on Crunchyroll

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, Mag pointed it out when it first came around. I was initially going to pull it... but then I realized the video was the wrong aspect ratio. (Gaiking should be wide screen). If they release a DVD of it, we'll pull it then, otherwise I don't see any point to pull it for now
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

JumperPrime wrote:IBTW, it's always baffled me as to why professional subtitle releases are always inferior to fansubs. You'd think with all that money they expect to make, the big companies would put in all the bells & whistles guys like TV-N do and more, yet instead the professionals tend to do a mediocre job at best.

Buy the Ultraman Tiga series on DVD by funimation, you'll realize how true those words are. Not only that, but the DL's are better quality and don't jerk around like it was ripped from a VHS. So Glad I didn't pay 100$ for the thrid disk. I already spent around 50 for subtitles. Not to mention the subtitles now days are basically in English for dummies.

Same goes for the FF7 movie released, bought the DVD realized the ripped version was better. Seriousy, hopefully if it does get picked up it's in good quality... ... ... I think I just hoped to much.
Happy Hopping
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Happy Hopping »

I got the series from this web site a few yr. ago. For some reason, episode 17 is un-playable.

Now, I am glad to see crunchyroll has this file, but is there a way for me to get the actual file?
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

JumperPrime wrote:BTW, it's always baffled me as to why professional subtitle releases are always inferior to fansubs. You'd think with all that money they expect to make, the big companies would put in all the bells & whistles guys like TV-N do and more, yet instead the professionals tend to do a mediocre job at best.
The effects are a matter of different strokes for different folks; Some people just plain don't like subs that do any more than present a translation of the dialog in a single color. Naturally, since the flashier subs take more time (And therefore cost more, considering this is a professionally produced product) and care to make happen and the DVD-buying audience doesn't mind the simple subs, that's what we get.

That's part of the reason why I'm half-glad Super Sentai and Kamen Rider will never be licensed for North American distribution.

Return to “Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu”