Gundam Wing, got a problem with it? (Then post)

Because, Gundam it, we wanted to.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Gundam Wing, got a problem with it? (Then post)

Post by Kogashi »

You know, I'm likely asking for trouble but then again, that normally happens when I'm allowed at the keyboard late at night.

Anyways the point of this thread is simply. I want to hear all of it. Every little problem, every annoyance every dislike-able thing in Gundam Wing from the people who hate it, don't like it, or even the people who do like or even love it. I personally I want hear every little problem people believe this show has. Please, hold nothing back.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Keigan
Infinity

Post by Keigan »

I haven't a single issue with this series. The first and best I've seen thus far.
vincz
Favorite series: Den-O and Faizzu
Dreamy: Mari from KR Faizzu
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Sato
Favorite Band: Seether ! They rocks

Post by vincz »

Ok I will to talk about Wing without any anger...; For me it will be very difficult because Wing is not cool gundam series.

First :

About the Caractere. All the caracters are very stéréotiped.

Heero is like a dead man he as no mind, the only way that he think is just to do is mission. Ok it's sometimes a good things but he discovered love.....

Quatre : Le little girl as Shun in Saint Seiya (And a LOVE Shun) but he as nothing to have a comparation with him. Quatre is just crying but he as something better than the other ! HE THINKs ! It's something good in that world and af course with the bunch of camrades he had !

Wu Fey : Mister I wanna fight with honnor and then he became despressed when he finished Treize ! For him I have no mercy he's just a dummy guy doing anything just to figth !

Trowa : Mister I said nothing ! It's just à little guy who don't need to have something in mind, he can just do !

Duo : Mister good joke ! The only guy who can make you feel good during the serie, he jokes and speak !

Relena : I love run and I'am the queen ! So do what I want and I can kiss your c**k. In France we speak about those kind of girl like "des pinbêches" There's no equality in inglish, I'm sorry. It's the kind of girl who knows nothing in the world and she want's rule everything but she cannot.

Zeick : The only good guy ! not a bad man but just a mad man !

Treize : the best of all for me, he never strike back of his opinion !

It's not only all the reasons, but it's the most populaire for the Boy's band from space ^^

Now about the story :

I've got to say that the serie is just like à cake with to much cream... it's huge on the stomac... But just think about some non sense with the real mecha type, See heero self destruct his gundam. Where he is ? on this gundam so if something explode the blow he's (for me) very or criticaly dangerous to be around that !
And what going on, Heero is still alive !

After that, the gundam zero can think by himself ! Bunch of non sense for me. Only the pilot can pilot the gundam and don't delegate his thinks by a computer !

Zeick is stille alive in Endless Waliz !

Anly this can destroy that serie !

So even if it not a good serie for me she's not very interesting. But I can understand that she can made some fan but they are still better in the gundam univers !
Algo Fonix
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Dreamy: Give me a minute
Favorite Band: Haken
Quote: You should be, 'cause I'm havin the time of my liiiiiife right now!

Post by Algo Fonix »

I'm a pretty big fan of Gundam Wing. I know there are a lot of people who say it's by far the worst Gundam series... but I've watched others and I still like Wing better.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

Concept: 5 weirdo scientists take 5 kids and train them, give them Gundams made of "Gundanium alloy" to combat OZ..."Operation: Meteor". Each of the pilots have no prior knowledge of Eachother, so they think they are the enemies at first. Then they realize they gots the same mission and team up, even though they have some issues down the line...

You know, watching this as a kid with no prior conception of storyline, plots and all that Jazz, I loved this show, it did introduce me into Gundam. But watching so many others and then watching Gundam Wing again...it was pure crap. It was popular for many reasons, it had five teens with giant kick ass robots. This conception set basically a standard for a lot of people in the states that when CN finally aired the Original Gundam, others claimed it as crap, because it was old, some even went as far as to calling Char a Zecks clone when it was in fact vice versa.

Characters:
Heero Yuy, Uses an Alias. The Cold Emotionless Hard-ass with a secretive "Heart of Gold". This character is shown to be almost a "super soldier" at times, fixing any dislocations without any sign of pain, yet he tries coming off as anti-social...and the fangirls just love that.

Duo Maxwell, another alias. Thinks of himself as the "God of Death"...his Gundam Shows this...He's the cocky guy with the jokes...and he was voiced by the same guy who voiced Rattrap from Beast Wars.

Trowa Barton, has no name, always seen as a close friend to Quatre. The "Quite" guy on the team. Likes to hide his feelings "behind a mask" He's basically a lot like Heero, except he's a little bit more accurate in terms of artillary.

Quatre Raberba Winner, he's actually my favorite character, he's the only one not afraid to show his feelings. My only issue with the guy was that he was not only wealthy, but an heir...But the guy wanted some love because his dadeh didnt wuv him...awww...

Chang Wufei, he's actually my older brother's favorite...only 'cause of his gundam. He comes from a family that was banished because they "feared their power" (ghey!) He's the loner type (no surprise there). He will fight anyone who doesnt feel the same way as him, and is sometimes seen as the badguy among the pilots, most of the time become rival to Heero.

Relena Peacecraft....two words, Sayla Mass

Zechs Merquise...Char Aznable clone...
Both joined the organizations that killed their families for revenge under an alias, and both quickly moved up in rank within them. When the Alliance was overthrown by OZ, Zechs became OZ's undisputed top ace. However, OZ (a corporate subsidiary of the Romefeller Foundation) betrayed Zechs, at which point Zechs became something of a freelancer and fought for his own merit. He occasionally sided with various mercenaries until being offered a head seat of the White Fang Movement. As the head of the White Fang he fought on the behalf of the space colonies, much like Char's speech that he fights for the sake of all "spacenoids". In the end Zechs attempts to crash the battleship Libra into Earth much like Char attempted to crash Axis into Earth. Also, like Char, he had blond hair and wore a helmet as a mask, where as Char wore a mask usually with a helmet as well. In addition, both Zechs and Char have sisters who live under assumed names, and fight on opposing sides.
My issue with them: Each character personality is very stereotypical. They lack originality and the character development is very minimal. I couldnt really stand that there was a Zecks clone. The only thing I LIKED about the characters...no Newtypes!

The Gundams. I gotta admit, I like the gundam designs, but like always the "Lead Character" gets the best looking one even if it doesnt suit his personality. Kinda like G Gundam before it, the Gundams are stereotypical on their character's origins, except G Gundam had an excuse.

I'd go on, but I know this thread will have some debates, I'll keep my comments until then.
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer
Alignment: Neutral

Post by guile_bio »

No problems, epic show and one of anime's legends.
Super Sentai Spirits
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sentai
Favorite Band: Too many to name
My boom: Kicking Ass

Post by Super Sentai Spirits »

no problems either. its just all in the mind of the viewer if they like it.
アニメ、特撮、ROCKの垣根を越えて活動中!サイキックラバーです。
After the second role call nothing can go wrong

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/zeonbase/Wingsux.html
that site has all my reasons for hating Wing and while i do like da mechs in this series i totally hate the story and the characters its something only a 5 year old would like and i hate the die hard wing fans that think wing was the only Gundam series in existance....-___-
Unrefined-Nemesis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Series
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Gundam Wing, got a problem with it? (Then post)

Post by Unrefined-Nemesis »

I find the series one of the horrible Gundam series up to date, besides Turn A which had the fugyliest Gundam designs of them all.

This Gundam is the typical blown them up cowboy style story where the main heroes just blow the crap of their stupid opponents who can't even dodge !!!! It was so predictable that I stopped watching it up till episode 30.

They thought Gundam X was the worst but Gundam X had a better storyline and realistic impact than this.
bminsein
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by bminsein »

Wing is great mech wise. Story wise not so much. It was ok. Characters could use a bit more life in them. Seriously though Wing has pretty much a good selection of G units and into the second season when they get the up grade Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Mika, Ran
Favorite Actor?: Cobb
Favorite Band: LCD Soundsystem
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: shiny objects

Post by Solidus »

Wing is just pretty filler and was the beginning of the end of quality Gundam, IMO. Just a bunch of bullcrap, too many overpowered Gundams, endlessly recycled plot elements, and meaningless pseudopolitical babble.

ARE YOU DOING THE RIGHT THING?
*BOOM*
IT'S A GUNDAM!
*BOOM*
HOW CAN YOU FIGHT FOR PEACE?
*BOOM*
*BOOM*
IT'S A GUNDAM!
*BOOM*
*BOOM*
*BOOM*
IT'S A GUNDAM!
*BOOM*
*BOOM*

Take that, add 2 tablespoons bad Char Aznable copy, a dash of yaoi, and simmer. Let stand for an hour and you have Gundam Wing. It's basically what bad fanfics would be like if animated on television by a big budget studio.

That all being said, if it wasn't for kids eating Wing up on CN, they probably wouldn't have released that localized Z Gundam boxset for me to buy and sleep with at night. So I guess it served a purpose. :lol:

Return to “Gundam”