Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky

Post by TypicalStandUser »

In the same year of when Kamen Rider Amazons came about, Gundam also had a darker and edgier entry that's even horrifying than Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 1. And to this day, it's still an ongoing manga, staying strong and bloody since 2012.

I was able to watch the compilation movie of the first four episodes. Holy mother of Zod, are the kills horrifying, the usage of child soldiers in dangerous conditions that make Tekkadan's lifestyle tame...
Spoiler
SACRIFICING LIMBS just to pilot a damn spruced up Zaku and our hero (if you could EVEN call him that) blasting that guy who chose to lose his limbs with a Hannibal speech

There will be a 2nd season this coming March to the end of June, one episode a month. Knowing the Gundam franchise, there might be another compilation movie. I will build that 1/144 High Grade Atlas Gundam.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky

Post by Catastrophe »

Thunderbolt is the shit. I haven't checked out the anime yet but really enjoying the manga, and I'm not even that much of a UC baby.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters

While the four new episodes of the Thunderbolt OVA this year were great, kinda felt anticlimactic to show the South Seas' leader then end the season.

There better be another set of episodes next year...
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

3rd Season is supposed to be next year.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters

Of course, after the release of S02E04/Episode 8, Sunrise announced the compilation movie for the 2nd season. Out in theaters November 18 and only out for two weeks then the Blu-ray rolls out on 12/8. For us Americans, Anime NYC will also have screenings of the movie for the duration of the convention.

Personally, I'm fine with this format.

Hope there's a limited edition HG 1/144 Atlas to sell during the roadshow.

Return to “Gundam”