Gundam 00 Episodes 47-50 (The Final Eps)

Because, Gundam it, we wanted to.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Gundam 00 Episodes 47-50 (The Final Eps)

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Well yea im back after my hiatus was focusing on college work (yes its my first year) but yea anyways discuss the final eps here.

My thoughts so far? Well imo BEST FREAKING AU! This most definitely tops em all, and in the end its definitely not like Gundam Wing as much as people think it is -___-.

The final battle is rather interesting so far,A-Laws is practically dead and now they are off fighting random Bring/Divine clones that like are doing Kamikaze's everywhere. And oh yea everyone has Trans-Am now on the Innovators side thanks to freakin Billy that is blind as f***.

Anyways im also not too surprised that O Gundam returns, and even better for UC fans that stayed on and arent biased about the AU series, IT GETS REPAINTED IN MSG COLORS!!! And cause its for the 30th anniversery which is soon so *claps for Tomino and the rest of the Gundam staff*

All in all, i personally think this is my favorite Gundam series to date, not that i hate UC or anything but this is the most enjoyable series for me in a very very long time (SEED was okay but Destiny sure kinda screwed itself over halfway). And at least this show still kept my interest and didnt fail like *cough* Geass R2.

So whats your guys feed back if your still watching???
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Gundam 00 Episodes 47-50 (The Final Eps)

Post by zeta_gundam »

Why do you call it 47-50 instead of Season 2 23 onwards? ><

I felt that Season 2 was quite a let-down IMO.
- Setsuna becoming innovator makes no sense whatsoever.
- Smirnov dying in such an uncool fashion. I mean c'mon, at least let him die valiantly in battle instead of getting stabbed by his half-assed son!
- Lockon X Anew relation was too rushed.
- Setsuna X Marina relation never developed.
- Marie X Allelujah relation not properly developed either.
- Graham Aker (Mr Bushido) had so little action. He was so cool in season 1, but so little screentime in season 2.
- The underarmed 00 Gundam owns the battlefield (kinda like Kira in Freedom/SF)
- All the innovator machines can't stand up to 00 Raiser, but when it was just 00 Gundam it was so hard to even match the standards.

Things that are kinda interesting:
- Big Laser Weapon with recharge time of seconds (I'm refering to the weapon Celestial Being) is a new take.
- They brought back a funnel-vs-funnel battle, which was absent since Char's Counterattack! That's kinda cool. (Lockon vs Anew, and Lockon vs Sarshes)
- The big fat sword of 00 Raiser that reaches from earth to space is cool.

On a side note, SEED was bad ever since Kira got Freedom, and Destiny was bad since the start.
Also, 30th anniversary this year. Apparently the new series would be a UC series! W00t!
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

zeta_gundam wrote:Why do you call it 47-50 instead of Season 2 23 onwards? ><

I felt that Season 2 was quite a let-down IMO.
- Setsuna becoming innovator makes no sense whatsoever.
- Smirnov dying in such an uncool fashion. I mean c'mon, at least let him die valiantly in battle instead of getting stabbed by his half-assed son!
- Lockon X Anew relation was too rushed.
- Setsuna X Marina relation never developed.
- Marie X Allelujah relation not properly developed either.
- Graham Aker (Mr Bushido) had so little action. He was so cool in season 1, but so little screentime in season 2.
- The underarmed 00 Gundam owns the battlefield (kinda like Kira in Freedom/SF)
- All the innovator machines can't stand up to 00 Raiser, but when it was just 00 Gundam it was so hard to even match the standards.

Things that are kinda interesting:
- Big Laser Weapon with recharge time of seconds (I'm refering to the weapon Celestial Being) is a new take.
- They brought back a funnel-vs-funnel battle, which was absent since Char's Counterattack! That's kinda cool. (Lockon vs Anew, and Lockon vs Sarshes)
- The big fat sword of 00 Raiser that reaches from earth to space is cool.

On a side note, SEED was bad ever since Kira got Freedom, and Destiny was bad since the start.
Also, 30th anniversary this year. Apparently the new series would be a UC series! W00t!
meh since i started numbering it that way why not. And i dun think the staff really cared too much for the relationships as much as the SEED staff and Fukuda did so i guess they taught em a lesson only to develop it briefly and not let it weight down the show giving us crappy half ass battles etc.

As for SEED to each's own mate but yea i agree Destiny kinda blew it out of the water with its excess relationship cr@p >__>.

And the new UC thing is not actually a show either man, instead its a game called MS Gundam Battlefield Record 0081 for PS3, so if you dun have one then you could be screwed XD
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:meh since i started numbering it that way why not. And i dun think the staff really cared too much for the relationships as much as the SEED staff and Fukuda did so i guess they taught em a lesson only to develop it briefly and not let it weight down the show giving us crappy half ass battles etc.
But the battles were all crappy half assed until the latest episode. There was no serious fighting ever since 00 Raiser came into the picture... Like I said, the innovators got owned when they were the ones owning the Gundams at first.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:As for SEED to each's own mate but yea i agree Destiny kinda blew it out of the water with its excess relationship cr@p >__>.
SEED wasn't bad cause of it's relationship crap. SEED series was crap cause of Kira Jesus Yamato, who drives a Gundam with a pop-up auto targetting panel and blasts his way thru. SEED Destiny made it worse as he drives a Gundam with a pop-up auto target panel and have DRAGOON spam.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:And the new UC thing is not actually a show either man, instead its a game called MS Gundam Battlefield Record 0081 for PS3, so if you dun have one then you could be screwed XD
It's a show... Check ANN out...
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

I was also not a big fan of seed. In fact, out of them all it's my least favorite. I honestly watched Destiny, just for the wish that the main character would die. I pretty much saw that as the reason for why they fell back on Kira to end the series. Honestly the compilation movies though are better, and are actually many times more enjoyable than the series proper. Too many freakin rehashed clips. There was a moment where they forgot what they were animating and the Impulse morphed into the strike for a second. But even so, I still watch it because I enjoy the mech designs and do they have to suffer for poor character types? Overpowered as they seemed? But by comparison, they'd be pretty useless against the 00 Gundam and the GN stuff.

I truly enjoy Gundam 00, although it does have its moments and even though they broke it up into two seasons, they are still rushing certain plotlines, at least they are decently trying to tie them off. And hey, I enjoy the characters. I still see distinct parallels with Gundam Wing and I think it is as much Gundam Wing as Gundam Seed is UC. Plus some other Gundam tropes thrown in for good measure. I wished Graham Aker had a bigger role though...and Hallelujah weren't so useless... I'm just glad the series didn't turn into an explosion of throw away gundams like Seed did.

And I agree with all of Zeta's points about the second season. They should have just made the season fifty episodes to flesh out all their ideas...
Soldat Veritas
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

Oh yeah, forgot about the Hallelujah part... He didn't even get much action? Less than a minute in the entire of season 2? I mean if you show that he's alive, then give him some action and more screentime!

But like what William_Duel said, at least you can see them trying to tie everything up decently in the latest episode with all the action and everything. Unlike the SEED series, everything just went down the drain...
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz

It's a show... Check ANN out...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -tv-series
i thought this info debunked it. Just cause they say series doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a OVA or a show. Its most likely gonna be a manga but like i said theres gonna be a game for this new entry in UC.

As for GN Tech being superior to everything in SEED, of course every time a new show comes out they usually have something that can top the predecessor series' mecha.

the original SEED was good like i said, tho there are a lil too many clip shows in that too it was better than what they did 3 years later in Destiny cause everything about it just shot itself out of the water like what everyone believes. I also have to say the fangirls are really what kinda killed it too, the relationship development focus was just way out of hand and i felt the series suffered from that.If i really wanted to watch something like that, i would rather find a drama to watch instead of having it being transplanted into a anime that really isnt meant for that kinda fanbase.

But yea lets get back on topic and leave SEED alone unless you wanna make another thread and discuss it there.

As for Hallelujah, i don't think they shoulda brought him back, i mean he was awesome in season 1, but just cause of that scar and whenever 00 goes trans-am, he returns only to magically disappear later on. I'm also surprised he doesn't try to kill Marie/Soma too whenever he comes back. And i recall the director stated he was on the list of dead people, so yea i was like wtf but in a way he kinda still is so to speak.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

I know about the game, and I know about the possibility of it being a manga. Though the designs dun look mangaish, especially the mecha designs.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:As for Hallelujah, i don't think they shoulda brought him back, i mean he was awesome in season 1, but just cause of that scar and whenever 00 goes trans-am, he returns only to magically disappear later on. I'm also surprised he doesn't try to kill Marie/Soma too whenever he comes back. And i recall the director stated he was on the list of dead people, so yea i was like wtf but in a way he kinda still is so to speak.
The director listed Graham as dead too, but he's still alive... He even went to claim that the masked man was a totally different person from Graham (which is true to some extent), but I mean Graham's still alive as we all can see for the past 23 episodes.

Hallelujah never really wanted to kill Marie in season 1 either... He never mentioned that his aim was to kill her, it's just that he's the kind of person who would go all out in a fight, no matter who he was fighting...

And if you're gonna talk about relationships, (let's leave SEED out) the director mentioned that Setsuna and Marina are fated. But you hardly see any interaction b/w them.

And 00 Raiser with the "I see dead people" thingy and hearing the voices of the children singing and voices of the enemy is just plain "WTF?"
William_Duel

Post by William_Duel »

It seems more like Feldt, the Lockon rebound girl, is gonna end up with Setsuna... I felt like she was gonna get more development but like she was dropped in favor of Anew who only got so much development anyways. Gundam always has twisted, not always clear cut relationships, doesn't matter the series (except for Gundam X, the main relationship there was sorta clear from the get go). Wing had the Heero/Relena and Quatre/Dorothy ones, although the latter was somewhat wierd... And yeah, while it was funny at first with the whole "Are you and Marina an item?" and them both dryly saying "No." was funny. Doesn't seem like it developed beyond that. Heck I don't even care if they get together anymore as it would be too impractical at this point, methinks.
Soldat Veritas
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

Yeah, I get the same feeling that Feldt and Setsuna might end up together. I mean look at Feldt's actions at the end of the episode, it was so suggestive. And agreed, Marina talking to Setsuna now would be just weird...
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz

alot of stuff happens in the new ep
-Billy joins the good guys after confessing his love for Sumeragi. (in my opinion wtf hes been trying to kill them all this time and now he does that, i wish he die)
-Tieria gets shot by Ribbons like a couple times, and Tieria's conscious merges with Veda and he operates Seraphim through Veda and activates the Trial System to screw over everybody else that's not part of CB( not the other rebels just innovators)
-Ali seemingly is dead for good, and he was shot by lyle.
-Louise is saved after a near death experience from 00 Raiser
-Oh yea and Graham is still missing.....

ANd last of all, Ribbon's mecha is revealed...you tell me what u think.
Spoiler

It reminds me of a Guntank mixed with stuff from Devil Gundam aka Dark Gundam. Tell me theres a Gundam in there >__> and it looks like something outta SRW
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

Gundam 00
Spoiler
, not the only one with twin drive system.

I dont understand the twin drive system of Ribon's gundam, but then GN science is what the plot demands isnt it?

Movie?
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
William_Duel

Post by William_Duel »

Huh? What's so confusing about it? Billy completed Aifman's research and created a similar twin drive system using the fake GN furnaces. It just isn't as efficient as the real one. And yes supposedly there will be a movie. Yay!
Soldat Veritas
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

William_Duel wrote:Huh? What's so confusing about it? Billy completed Aifman's research and created a similar twin drive system using the fake GN furnaces. It just isn't as efficient as the real one. And yes supposedly there will be a movie. Yay!
Well, as far as I know(and thats not a whole lot) Aifman's research was on the GN technology and I cant even remember him seeing Trans-Am. I thought he tried to get past the GN-tau to true GN drives, not just emulate TransAm and the twin drive system.
oh well, all I want is the movie~

and who here thinks that the GN drives of the 0 and seraphim got destroyed?
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
William_Duel

Post by William_Duel »

Well while we're not ever fully privy to everything that Aifman knows, it seems that he figured everything out way back in season one before he got killed. Or at least he understood the point of it all. While he might not have gotten as far as twin drive, I assume Billy who has witnessed Twin Drive, put Aifman's theories about GN particles to good use. The 0 probably did get destroyed in the final battle and the seraphim...probably. But hey if the plot of the movie calls for them to be intact...well that's what we'll see. Unless the manga also says something to the contrary.
Soldat Veritas

Return to “Gundam”