Favorite Gundam Series/Movie

Because, Gundam it, we wanted to.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Favorite Gundam Series/Movie

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

1. Char's Counterattack
Reason: This is the best Gundam Anything I've ever seen. The Final Conflict between long-time rivals Amuro and Char occurs and it did not let me down. The Storyline elements were greatly done. The new units Nu Gundam, Sazabi, and the Alpha Azieru will always be long term favorites. The storyline of the Original MS Gundam finally ends.
2. After War Gundam X
This series in pretty underratted, but I gotta admit that I loved it. Sure it wasnt a big hit in Japan as Gundam Wing, but it was a great series. It's Scenario of a Colony Drop (That kept being mentioned in UC timelines) was a great "what if" premise. I love that they included Newtypes back into a series, even if it was an AU. Gundam Double X was a Beast, IMO, with the Double Satelite Cannon being one of my all time favorite attacks.
3. Zeta Gundam + Gundam ZZ
These two are pretty much tied in my book. I love the Characters Camille and Judau, they are kinda opposite of each other but both carry similarities to Amuro before them. The Zeta Gundam and Double Zeta Models are some of the best UC era Gundam, IMO.
4. Turn A Gundam
Those turned off by the Unit's Design (Like I once did) Should really give this series a chance. It was created by Tomino, the OG himself. Although it's old-timey setting made this series a little weird at first, it really began to grow on me, showing that it takes place several thousand years after all other gundam series, that's right, this series is supposed to be a "Grand Unification" of all Gundam Series before it. This is made appearant in the later episode when the "Dark History" is revealed. There are even a lot of referrences to former series.
5. Mobile Suit Gundam
The Original, I couldnt possibly place this any lower if I wanted to. I have to give credit where its due. Gundam was a standout series to me, a "Real Robot" model. The characters ended up becoming legends of their own. The introduction of Newtypes and Newtype abilities. Battle scenes were pretty nice as well.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

08th MS Team - It was the only one to not bore me. How funny is that?
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz - I like the "Reflection" song. -Shrug-
G Gundam - that was the one with the fights with Gundams from other countries right? If so--then that one just cause. XD
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer
Alignment: Neutral

Post by guile_bio »

1.Gundam Wing-First Gundam I watched, and the best of all.
2.Endless Waltz-I saw this after the first episode...I WAS A KID, AND WAS BORED.
3.Gundam 00-Resembles Wing, great HD use in this series.
4.MS Gundam 0083:Stardust Memory- Another first Gundam I saw, nice enough for the enemy to have a Gundam as well.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

Meh, Gundam Wing was my first Gundam too, but it is one of my least favorites...I hated it completely. Gundam Wing was basically eye candy.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

My favorite Gundam series are Wing, Seed, Zeta, and 0083. Turn-A is something I couldn't finish since it was hard to keep up the sides since they kept changing every episode.
Kamen_Rider_Cannabis
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Hana Den-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Stand Up Comedy
Quote: "If Carrots got you drunk. Rabbits would be f@#$%d up" -Mitch Hedberg
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kamen_Rider_Cannabis »

I like Wing. G, Seed, Seed Destiny and Gundam 00. I watch Mobilbe Suit Gundam and all the side stories very good stuff but stil not my favorite.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

I'm just glad no one has put G-Savior up on the list...
I have met some fans...>.<
vincz
Favorite series: Den-O and Faizzu
Dreamy: Mari from KR Faizzu
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Sato
Favorite Band: Seether ! They rocks

Post by vincz »

MS Gundam : The first of all with the mythic RX-78

Zeta Gundam : I hope to see Camille feel good one day. But that animation series is one of my favorite because it's so darkest.

Stardust Memory : Juste for the Dendrobrium ! I'm Kidding. Those OVA are a must for each gundam fan. All are inside these 12 OVA ! Then the animation is the betest I'va ever seen !

Char counter Attack : The things go n with it. Sayonara Char and Amuro. But it's on of the best gundam I'va seen for now. And the Char song is never forgotable !

G Gundam : The fist Outside Gundam series and the bettest, Domon For Ever !! GGGGGOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD FFFFFIIIINNNGGGGEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR !!!!

Turn A Gundam : Bow down with him ! I love that Gundam, the serie is very good, the design is remarquable and the music have been made for fall in love ! Yoko Kano for ever.

Seed : Good story but the end is a little strange... But for someone who never see a gundam it's a good story !

Victory Gundam : Who nerver cried in seein this is heartless ! The most saddest and tragic Gundam !
Quatrerwin
[insert witty title here]
Favorite series: Zeta Gundam
2nd Favorite Series: Gundam 0079
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "You're dead, this is the afterlife -- and I'm God" - Q

Post by Quatrerwin »

My 3 favorites would have to be Zeta Gundam, Char's Counterattack, and Gundam 0079. Those 3 just had story lines that I like.

Strange enough, one of my least favorite Gundams is Gundam Wing. It used to be one of my favorite animes until I saw Gundam and Gundam Wing just has never been the same to me since
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

Quatrerwin wrote:My 3 favorites would have to be Zeta Gundam, Char's Counterattack, and Gundam 0079. Those 3 just had story lines that I like.

Strange enough, one of my least favorite Gundams is Gundam Wing. It used to be one of my favorite animes until I saw Gundam and Gundam Wing just has never been the same to me since
I agree with you on terms of Gundam Wing. I enjoyed it it when I first saw it on Toonami, but that's when I thought it was the only gundam. Once My older bro and I discovered more and watched more, Gundam Wing failed to compare with a lot of the others. Watching it again, I could'nt even stand it.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

No particular order mind you

Gundam Wing-Wait, hold your grown for just a moment I'm not finished, if you watch it not as a mech series but as a Super Robot series. If this is confusing feel free to ask and I'll likely just end up making you more confused ^^;

08th MS Team: Cause I feel it captures a more realistic feel of people in war or, as I like to put it simply, it's the Vietnam conflict of the One-Year War.

G-Gundam: For it's interesting control system and for proving that the Japanese can make just as harmful stereo types of other countries just as America. XP
Last edited by Kogashi on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

Umm...Gundam Wing is part of the Real Robot Genre.
G Gundam is the only one that might fall into the Super Robot Genre with Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, and so on.
The Gundam Franchise began the Real Robot genre.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

I'm aware of that fact however by watching it as a 'real robot' genre you get certain expectations, certain wants from the show. I'm not saying Gundam Wing is in fact a Super Robot show I'm saying that if it were I believe people would give it a slice less of a hard time.

...Well that and if there was a fully straight character among the group. ^^;
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

If I watched it as a Super Robot series I'd be pissed "WHERE ARE THE FLYING PUNCHES!! I WANT MY BREAST FIRE!!"
Super Robots have expectations of their own.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

Well, it's always a possibility that I'm just weird that way too ^^;

and yes I'm aware of the obvious expectations Super Robots have however I was, though I should have made it clearing, referring to story or character types expectations... Again saying course, I could just be odd/weird ^^;

Return to “Gundam”