Favorite Gundam Series/Movie

Because, Gundam it, we wanted to.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

Super Robot = Any n00b can get inside a robot and pilot it.
Real Robot = Pilot needs experence of some sort.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... *shrug* if you say so.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
vincz
Favorite series: Den-O and Faizzu
Dreamy: Mari from KR Faizzu
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Sato
Favorite Band: Seether ! They rocks

Post by vincz »

Gundam wing have à strange effect. In France it was the first gundam series who was broadcast. Then they are some fan, but more strange ! some people who watcg Wing wanna continue to watch anither gundam and found out about that series that she's very lazzy.

So, for me , wing is nothing, it's just super robot. Imagine Heero just made à self destruction and don't die even if here is at just 1.5 meters from the blow ! Incredible I want to be like him, I think, with these power, that I can destroy terrorism !

Wing simply nothing for me for a gundam addict. It's jsut a serie with a boys band. but Where I 'am affraid is about Gundam 00. but I was surprised to see that their nothing in comparation about those 2 series even if I hope no turning on the story line....
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

I dont know why so many people were so quick to point the Gundam Wing finger on 00, I honestly dont see that much of a similarity between them. Yeah, they have a lot of gundam pilots from the start, that's pretty much it.
I like these characters much more than the pilots of wing. Gundam Wing was just sub-par action, gundams that varied differently from eachother, with some good music. SEED kinda tried following suit, since it just seemed like one being music advertisement.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ShinmeiSuzaku wrote:I dont know why so many people were so quick to point the Gundam Wing finger on 00, I honestly dont see that much of a similarity between them. Yeah, they have a lot of gundam pilots from the start, that's pretty much it.
I like these characters much more than the pilots of wing. Gundam Wing was just sub-par action, gundams that varied differently from eachother, with some good music. SEED kinda tried following suit, since it just seemed like one being music advertisement.
Because it centers around a group of radicals who have superior firepower over the established alliances. It evens has a Relena Peacecraft type character with Saji and Marina. So I can see similarities between Gundam Wing and 00 but like the original SEED, 00 will become its own series.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

I dont really see Soji and Luise becoming the Relena-type character, since She was basically a Political version of Sayla Mass from MSG, especially since her brother was Char and Zecks was a Char clone from the start. If anything, Gundam Wing itself looked like a sad attempted at a new vision of the Original Gundam.
akeru
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Den-O, W, OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Ryuki
Dreamy: Hino Eiji
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: stars
Quote: Loving the impossible.

Post by akeru »

I like SEED/SEED Destiny, Wing & Endless Waltz... Not yet watching the latest gundam yet.
Unrefined-Nemesis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Series
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Favorite Gundam Series/Movie

Post by Unrefined-Nemesis »

Favourite Gundam Series up to date:
After War timelime Gundam X - This is the greatest master piece in Gundam universe that they even remade the story concept into Gundam Seed & Destiny, Gundam Seed & Destiny are a freaking cheap rip off of the original concept. The Gundams aren't over powered and Mass Produced Mobile Suits can fight toe too toe with a Gundam at times depending on the pilots capabilities.

Gundam 00:
Something that we all can finally relate too and something that is currently occurring around the world, somehow I can find myself relating to the story and wants to continue on watching it.

Gundam:
Amuro Ray, no words needed to explain why cause the origins are always the best, if it were to be a remake using the current technology and graphics that we have, the show would be the greatest of them all and off course they truly show how a hero is develop and not forgetting the FAMOUS BRIGHT SLAP !! Nyahahahaha!
bminsein
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by bminsein »

For me it would be ZZ, Z, After War, Wing, Seed, OO. Just by this line up you can probably guess that I am much more of a mech fan than the story line fan. Yes, these are my eye candy especially with the blaster rifle for wing zero.
Tendou Souji
Mega
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Post by Tendou Souji »

My favourite is Gundam Seed but feel a little bit disappointed after watching Destiny.
yami0204
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Seto Koji
Favorite Band: EXO
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Kim "Xiumin" Minseok

Post by yami0204 »

I guess my Gundam love would go in this order:

08th MS Team
Gundam Wing (and everything about it because it was my first fandom love)
Gundam 00
G Gundam (I think I'm one of the few who actually liked G Gundam XD)

...and SD Gundam, if SD Gundam series count. XD;;
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Re:

Post by Tuss4 »

Phoenix512 wrote:
ShinmeiSuzaku wrote:I dont know why so many people were so quick to point the Gundam Wing finger on 00, I honestly dont see that much of a similarity between them. Yeah, they have a lot of gundam pilots from the start, that's pretty much it.
Because it centers around a group of radicals who have superior firepower over the established alliances. It evens has a Relena Peacecraft type character with Saji and Marina. So I can see similarities between Gundam Wing and 00 but like the original SEED, 00 will become its own series.
People could easily say that SEED/S. DESTINY was a remake of the original Mobile Suit Gundam. You could also say that they are trying to redeem Wing through 00, and there ares some similarities, but personally I was never able to get into Wing, I just thought the gundams looked cool.

Tendou Souji
Mega
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Post by Tendou Souji »

yami0204 wrote:I guess my Gundam love would go in this order:

08th MS Team
Gundam Wing (and everything about it because it was my first fandom love)
Gundam 00
G Gundam (I think I'm one of the few who actually liked G Gundam XD)

...and SD Gundam, if SD Gundam series count. XD;;
Actually I also like G Gundam, because of its new concept of fighting with martial arts
PhillKaiba
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: W.A.R

Re:

Post by PhillKaiba »

ShinmeiSuzaku wrote:Meh, Gundam Wing was my first Gundam too, but it is one of my least favorites...I hated it completely. Gundam Wing was basically eye candy.
Thank you someone I can agrees with my own thoughts on Wing. Personal my favourites are Gundam Seed, 00 (Before espoide 5 I was like this is rubbish and now it brilliant!), G Gundam and if you count OMV Stardust because that was a awesome three part series about super humans in the Seed world. So sad, seriously if you a lover of seed watch that!
Mr Boo Boo
Infinity
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Favorite Band: M-Flo, Bennie K
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Mr Boo Boo »

gundam
gundam 0083
gundam 8th ms team
gundam 00